• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Rangers v The Arsenal | Saturday, July 17 | KO: 14:00 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Didn't really watch this too hard as I was working. However we looked slightly sharper today. We actually did relatively OK in creating decent opportunities so that's a plus but the improvement is marginal.

From what I saw, ESR, Tavares and Pepe were noticeably sharp. Didn't notice anybody else. Eddie's goal was good. Was trying to keep an eye on Reiss, AMN and Willock when they came on but they didn't really seem to get much of the ball.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
These aren’t bad players, that’s the point. There seems to be some mental block against taking chances.

It will take a lot of time and money for Arteta to get what he is expecting out of this team with his approach.

For players who rely on instinct it’s much easier to score chances created through direct, quick transition play than slower more precise build up.

With the former, there’s less time to think and fewer players in your peripheral vision.

Arteta needs functional, technical players to execute his strategy, whereas we’ve got quite a few at the top end who rely on much attributes like pace.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I was like that the day after the final. I was thinking all this abuse for missing a penalty is a bit OTT, then I saw a racist tweet about white players scoring and it dawned on me :mad: The UK is getting worse and the Gov, FA & FIFA do next to nothing to improve racism in sport and in society. We have the technology to identify individuals and ban them from stadiums and social media. We have to do it!

@yybecause a yellow card? I guess that makes you pro racism!

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Didn't catch the game. Been hearing different things. Not bothered by the result to be honest. More concerned with how we played and the tactical decisions.

I heard we were a 4 4 2 in defence and changed when going forward? Is that true. If so, where did ESR play?

Then we went to a 3 5 2? Can anyone break it down?

Ivan the Gooner

Got to watch the match today and as usual we were nowhere NEAR as bad as this thread would lead you to believe. It's like some people need to be negative no matter what. Very strange.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Got to watch the match today and as usual we were nowhere NEAR as bad as this thread would lead you to believe. It's like some people need to be negative no matter what. Very strange.
The forum has become more anti-Arteta/ Edu than pro-Arsenal as of late. Fairly confident several regular posters hope Arsenal will lose in any given game. Being all-out negative is a badge of honour and earns you likes from the regulars. Even doubt many watch the games and just post negative **** here instead...

TheIceman85

All Aubamayeng had was his pace and finishing. Seemed to lose his pace last season and today his finishing looked dreadful. Will give him benefit of the doubt of course as pre-season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom