The Raul Sanllehi and Vinai Venkatesham Double Act

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by blaze_of_glory, Nov 28, 2017.

1. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Established Member

I somehow get the feeling that Raul is the dominant personality in this duo.

2. THunter

THunter NOT In A Caravan Trusted

Bit rubbish isn’t it?

celestis, Sapient Hawk and <<reed>> like this.
  3. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Ex-Troll

That's an understatement.

celestis likes this.
  4. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Ex-Troll

gone backwards under these guys.

Tony's nose likes this.
  5. Gooner Zig

Gooner Zig AM's Resident Accountant Trusted

These guys are just a two headed Gazidis (with hair)

RacingPhoton likes this.
  6. Toby Andrl

Toby Andrl Part Time Stuttgart Fan Trusted

Will have the vision of a two headed Gazidis and his dumbass smirk embedded in my mind for the rest of the day. Thanks.

celestis likes this.
  7. OneAW!

OneAW! Active Member

They are better than Gaz. Vinai has negotiated a better shirt sponsorship deal than Gaz ever did. Raul brought in Auba and Mkhi, also got us Suarez without committing the club. Successfully brought in all of Emery's targets. The problem they have is the manager is worse than the one Gaz had. Significantly so.

8. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado

Think thats mostly the old regime. The Adidas deal happened last year I believe when Ivan was here & it was Ivan / Sven pictured swooping in to get the Aub deal done.

[​IMG]

9. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

Yup , also I do remember Vinai being the one that was duped by that Chinese fraudster.

Garrincha likes this.
  10. kraphtous

kraphtous Unai Enemy

These two are like the D.B. Weiss and David Benioff of the football world.

THunter likes this.
  11. krackpot

krackpot Well-Known Member

Mrs Bergkamp likes this.
  12. scytheavatar

scytheavatar Well-Known Member

American_Gooner and Tir Na Nog like this.
  13. krackpot

he does seem very bitter.

But this business about Kos and Mislintat makes me wonder if there actually were some broken promises.

14. scytheavatar

scytheavatar Well-Known Member

The board had to evaluate how Mislintat performed and came to the conclusion that he's not good enough to deserve a promotion to Technical Director. And that he needs to work under someone else. Are they wrong? We'll find out when we see what he does at Stuttgart. Either way any promise about making him Technical Director is worthless, he has to prove he's good enough to be one.

Dj_sds - likes this.
  15. krackpot

Well, then we shouldn't promise what you're not going to do. Should have told him that we would evaluate him.

Artisan likes this.
  16. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

If the only job I could find after leaving the gargantuan football institution that is Arsenal Football Club, was Stuttgart then I'd be pretty bitter too.

Basically we've moved away from the StatDNA nonsense and we didn't want to give Sven a job he wasn't qualified for anyways now he's rotting away in the German 2nd tier so of course he's bitter.

Let's see where Arsenal are in 5 years and where Stuttgart are in 5 years.

Dj_sds - and GDeep™ like this.
  17. FluffyDoozi

FluffyDoozi Active Member

I'd take Raul's contacts if he can get us Tierney, Saliba, Everton/Zaha and Ceballos. It trumps the signings Mislintat made the last 2 windows. With the exception of Guendouzi(who was also being scouted by Arsenal before Sven) and Leno who have been very good finds, the guys we brought in have been largely average and very lazy buys.

We had brought him to discover the Guendouzis and not Auba, Sokratis etc. For someone with a God complex, looks like he failed to deliver.

Going forward it should be both contacts and data driven scouting not one or the other. Our last truly brilliant signing Alexis was got through agent contacts.

Tourbillion likes this.
  18. Toby Andrl

Toby Andrl Part Time Stuttgart Fan Trusted

[​IMG]

19. MustOezil

MustOezil Well-Known Member

Better sponsorship deal than Gazidis? Biased statement.

Raul brought in Auba and Mkhi? Gazidis was still in charge back then

Also got us Suarez? That's a **** ****ing transfer in every aspect.

Successfully brought in all of Emery's targets? How the **** do you know that?

not being a dick but come on, don't make **** up to support your opinion.

20. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Well-Known Member

krackpot likes this.