• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul Sanllehi has left Arsenal

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Saying that Emery had us on a 19 unbeaten run last season. If we converted them draws to wins we would of finished a comfortable 2nd/3rd

Yes, we only needed to beat Brighton at home to finish 3rd. These are the games that we must win this season, Palace too. We have definitely signed the players to make the difference and for me 3rd will be our minimum this season.

GunnerUK

Attacking and goal keeping positions are on par and as good as anybody else..

Them first 5 games will tell us a massive story

Newcastle
Burnley
Liverpool
Tottenham
Watford

We take anything over 11 points in them games and we’re challenging for the League

Aevi

Hale End FC
I wonder how much we'll have to spend next year. We went a bit big, and I'm guessing this was allowed by dipping into next year's predicted budget and gambling on CL qualification.

If we look at Liverpool, they went big last summer and even with Coutinho money and a successful season, they were strapped for cash this summer. We might face the same thing seeing as we're supposed to be self-sustaining, so we might have to be patient. Thankfully, we seem to have a strong squad now and Saliba coming next year either way.

On the topic of Raul, he has made me eat my words. I doubted him, but I like what he's done, both in our targets and our strategy. Fair play.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
Raul has done a better job than I could have hoped for so well done him. Vinai I believe is responsible for commercial deals. His job is a little more complicated but I hope he can boost our coffers. Ivan set a low bar so he has a good chance.

That's the thing though, one affects the other, you cant try to drive on different lanes and hope people answer cold calling bald prick and sponsor underperforming uninspiring football.

Transfer excitement is a boost for us fans but just as much the mood overspills to players, dressing room morale. Not to mention the actual quality.

And then reject offers of 10m for jenks, for what??? Hoping suddenly he will turn into an actual footballer? Try to get 12m for him the summer after?

Give Elneny a contract? What the actual f?

So how are we estimating buy ins and sales out.

What is our estimated net spend?

I said before summer that I believed in 45 M budget but could see it stretched as far as 60 M. Max 70 M.

I'm not celebrating to early. We still have a whole season to play out here!

Huge fan of him taking power away from Unai Emery Etxegoien and allowing Ljungberg to have more influence on the first team! I also praise him for Tierney buy and Ceballos loan. Hopefully other signings will have influence in the future too!

The real work start on Sunday and it will be interesting to see how the new methods will work for us!

Fallout

i wasnt a fan of raul before this window, but objectively he did very well in terms of purchases and disposals (hope we have a few more disposals lined up as well).

i'd love to know what the final net spend will look like, but on the surface it feels like we should have enough cash for several more windows similar to this one ... i hope they continue to release financials so we can do the analysis.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Thankfully, we seem to have a strong squad now and Saliba coming next year either way

If Ceballos works out then we could also have two of our next summer signings sorted already. All we'd really need is to go back for the more permanent CB solution either this winter or wait for the summer. ESR and Nketiah should be ready to go for us by then as well.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
I wonder how much we'll have to spend next year. We went a bit big, and I'm guessing this was allowed by dipping into next year's predicted budget and gambling on CL qualification.

If we look at Liverpool, they went big last summer and even with Coutinho money and a successful season, they were strapped for cash this summer. We might face the same thing seeing as we're supposed to be self-sustaining, so we might have to be patient. Thankfully, we seem to have a strong squad now and Saliba coming next year either way.

On the topic of Raul, he has made me eat my words. I doubted him, but I like what he's done, both in our targets and our strategy. Fair play.
If you consider our player sales, I think we didn't really waste much. Our net spend is at 90M. Remember the summer when we spent 100M to get Xhaka, Mustafi and Perez? We could still Mustafi this window.
Our problem was always about not being ruthless when it comes to selling players. Previous regime was too soft on players.

Top Bottom