• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul Sanllehi has left Arsenal

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Time for people to admit the last two summer windows were really poor.. These 'fantastic summer transfers' claims just doesn't add up with reality..

A 3rd poor summer window in a row and Raul & co's heads should roll, but that would require us to act like a proper top club.

Last edited:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Time for people to admit the last two summer windows were really poor.. These 'fantastic summer transfers' claim just doesn't add up with reality..

A 3rd poor summer window in a row and Raul & co's heads should roll, but that would require us to act like a proper top club.

Sarr, Fekir, Perisic and Upamecano could have all been gettable for our actual transfer outlay. That would’ve improved us massively and wouldn’t have left us with multiple fires to put out this window.

Sarr and Fekir alone would have been cheaper than Pepe, who’s been outperformed by Sarr this year tbh.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Time for people to admit the last two summer windows were really poor.. These 'fantastic summer transfers' claim just doesn't add up with reality..

Reckon my worst post on here is last summer after the window when I asked for Raul to get a new contract.

We’ve not had a good window since Alexis signed in 2014 probably, and he was the only one who worked out from that spree.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Sarr, Fekir, Perisic and Upamecano could have all been gettable for our actual transfer outlay. That would’ve improved us massively and wouldn’t have left us with multiple fires to put out this window.

Sarr and Fekir alone would have been cheaper than Pepe, who’s been outperformed by Sarr this year tbh.
Top post. I got trashed on here for suggesting our window was terrible. Something about being short sighted for not knowing that a winger would improve our defence.

But then again I'm used to being told my views on squad cost and 'we'll only go down hill if you get rid of Wenger' were rubbish. ;)

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Top post. I got trashed on here for suggesting our window was terrible. Something about being short sighted for not knowing that a winger would improve our defence.

But then again I'm used to being told my views on squad cost and 'we'll only go down hill if you get rid of Wenger' were rubbish. ;)

I still don’t think a winger was a mistake as it was a position of need with Iwobi and in theory a defence should be the easiest part of a team to coach.

However the problem was spending 97M on a winger and a teenage CB who won’t join until next season. We needed a winger, a CB and a creative midfielder last summer but bought in just one for this season.

So we ended up with a flop winger (so far), a panic buy of Kia’s client and no midfielder.

I liked Sarr as a cheaper winger, buying him for almost 50M less would have let us bring in Upamecano and had money left over for Fekir.

The club has let Jorge Mendes, Kia and Raiola put themselves into the recruiting process of the club and instead of finding value we’ve actually got worse.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I still don’t think a winger was a mistake as it was a position of need with Iwobi and in theory a defence should be the easiest part of a team to coach.

However the problem was spending 97M on a winger and a teenage CB who won’t join until next season. We needed a winger, a CB and a creative midfielder last summer but bought in just one for this season.

So we ended up with a flop winger (so far), a panic buy of Kia’s client and no midfielder.

I liked Sarr as a cheaper winger, buying him for almost 50M less would have let us bring in Upamecano and had money left over for Fekir.

The club has let Jorge Mendes, Kia and Raiola put themselves into the recruiting process of the club and instead of finding value we’ve actually got worse.
Very true, but my take in the summer was that we had Saka and Nelson in reserve, both of whom, at the risk of upsetting @hydrofluoric acid, are not bad players.

All that money should have gone on the defence/DM . . no loan players that are just passing through and no ageing rejects from our rivals.

And we desperately needed to work hard at offloading some dross.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Their star signing has been overtaken by three kids.
Would love to be a fly on the wall when that issue brought up.

The deal seems to have really not been picked up much by the press either. 70m ffs & the last manager already said he had other targets... Raul should be on thin ice.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Edu is enabling all this rubbish though isn't he? As Technical Director.

Yeah you're probably right, don't know how much influence he actually has though...plus he is an Invincible, so I have fond memories of him I guess.

Reactions: A_G
Top Bottom