• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The rewritting history thread, or how Mikel/Arsenal turned it around. Or didn't. What even IS real?

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
😂 The negativity was full on and it was fans saying that 4th, 3rd, 2nd wasn’t progress. But now apparently 8th, 5th, 2nd spending a fortune on players is phenomenal progress. 😂😂😂
Wenger would of closed the deal we all know it. Arteta froze in the headlights like he did the year before.

Tnegs

We all know why the last two years of Wenger was bad. Emery‘s one whole year here was equal to or better than Arteta’s first two whole year finishes.

This year Arteta has done very well, much like Wenger did spending a lot less. Time for praise, but not for rewriting history.

It was bad because he signed Xhaka, Mustafi and Perez the next season and then followed it up with Laca the next year while swapping Sanchez for Mkhi. Not only did we not get a dime for Sanchez when City was offering us 50-60m in the summer but we ended up being saddled with a worse player on big wages who didn’t contribute anything. You can’t expect to progress with such terrible transfer activity and we didn’t.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It was bad because he signed Xhaka, Mustafi and Perez the next season and then followed it up with Laca the next year while swapping Sanchez for Mkhi. Not only did we not get a dime for Sanchez when City was offering us 50-60m in the summer but we ended up being saddled with a worse player on big wages who didn’t contribute anything. You can’t expect to progress with such terrible transfer activity and we didn’t.
Yeah, I agree everybody at the club was in panic mode during those two years, there were some terrible decisions made, on and off the pitch.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

😂 The negativity was full on and it was fans saying that 4th, 3rd, 2nd wasn’t progress. But now apparently 8th, 5th, 2nd spending a fortune on players is phenomenal progress. 😂😂😂
Here was the question I actually posed, which you are avoiding like the plague: "Do you, or @Makingtrax for example, or anyone else supporting your position, honestly think, that if Wenger had posted a season with 84 points finishing second in 2017/18, that posters like myself would have reacted the same way we did when we actually finished sixth with 63 points that season?"

Just answer that question honestly. Seems pretty easy, isn't it? Don't switch to a different question or statement you like better. If you say yes I call absolute bullshit! City finished that season on an unbelievable 100 points. Think everyone would have said well done! That would have been a step in the right direction and not what actually happened in Wenger's last 3 seasons, i.e. finishing with 71, 75 and 63 points.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

So stop bashing Wenger for suffering the same thing Arteta is enjoying now.
It's you guys that cannot stop bringing Wenger into the discussion. This is how this last round of back and forth started. I even tried to show that @Macho giy that I actually think Wenger was treated unfairly and that he had a fantastic stint as our manager. But that is to absolutely no avail. You guys just want to japp on about the same point. Unfortunately no one can rewrite history. Wenger left the club the way he did. Nothing changing that. What happened happened.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

It's you guys that cannot stop bringing Wenger into the discussion. This is how this last round of back and forth started. I even tried to show that @Macho giy that I actually think Wenger was treated unfairly and that he had a fantastic stint as our manager. But that is to absolutely no avail. You guys just want to japp on about the same point. Unfortunately no one can rewrite history. Wenger left the club the way he did. Nothing changing that. What happened happened.

I got triggered by "the phases" and how they sounded familiar with seasons gone by and slipped into my hating ways, but that's my own problem. I will try my best to stay out of these circular arguments all summer.

It was a fantastic season, one I really enjoyed and I shouldn't let fans who enjoyed it more or the past warp my views.

End of the day do I want Arteta sacked? No, do I want him to fail? No.
I deleted a bunch of my posts and left it as when I realised I was arguing over nothing.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I got triggered by "the phases" and how they sounded familiar with seasons gone by and slipped into my hating ways, but that's my own problem. I will try my best to stay out of these circular arguments all summer.

It was a fantastic season, one I really enjoyed and I shouldn't let fans who enjoyed it more or the past warp my views.

End of the day do I want Arteta sacked? No, do I want him to fail? No.
I deleted a bunch of my posts and left it as when I realised I was arguing over nothing.
Fair enough and my apologies if I caused any of the "triggering". I agree on the circular arguing. Better to be happy over the good season we had. Some excellent memories. For me the Nelson goal was the peak! The picture of the pandemonium afterwards was the best!

Going to spend the next week or so cheering for Roma, Inter and West Ham. I have even started to warm towards Mourinho. The more he pisses on Sp**s the more I like him. Hope he mentions not winning any trophies with Sp**s in his victory speech! :pray:

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
We didnt get over the line but best league season for me in 19 years.

Arteta & the players deserve huge credit.

Not the perfect destination but I really enjoyed the journey.

If it weren't for a corrupt nation state club with a freak striker we would have another title.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Can we for the sake of my sanity just loan out Rob Holding to Donetsk? The guy is not a top 5 league defender. And I don’t want Mik having any excuse to run him out against Madrid in a CL tie

Latest posts

Top Bottom