• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The search for our new right-back is over.

lee1001

Established Member
http://www.arsenal-land.co.uk/Columns/R ... Pompey.htm

"Finally, the player that has continued to impress me every time I see him, is Justin Hoyte. The teenage right back has all the attributes to become a top class defender. Equally good at the back or going forward, his pace and dynamism are strengths that give him a great advantage as a modern right back."

"His defending his faultless and I am yet to see him beaten by a winger in any game"

"He is athletic, tough tackling and good in the air, also possessing an excellent positional sense, a quality rare in a young defender. However, it is also his attacking ability that makes him stand out a footballer."

"His ability to accelerate past a full back and deliver a cross makes him the perfect all-round right back. Even with all the talent in our youth system, nobody has performed with the outstanding consistency of Hoyte, who seems to improve with every game. I am convinced that Justin has all the right attributes, plus attitude to make him into a world-class right back, and be Arsenal's no.2 well into the Ashburton Grove era."

Im looking forward to seeing Hoyte in action next year.

KoLo28

Gee, sounds great. Maybe if he can slot in at right back we can use lauren as cover for RM and RB... with toure, campbell, senderos, cole, clichy it looks like we'll have a great defence in the future.

Aussie

Established Member
We have some great talent shining through. Lets give a few of these youngsters a crack once we have wrapped the title up.

Legend#1

Established Member
Justin Hoyte and Cesc are 2 players I REALLY look forward to seeing in the first team in the near future

flotz

i think in the long term hoyte and senderos are the most likely to play for us on a regular basis..cesc looks like a hot prospect but where will he play?
in the middle? wenger generally plays with 2 DM so i dont know
and i cant see bentley getting ahead of reyes in the pecking order maybe when pires retires

Gunnsie

To be honest I don't think we'll ever see cesc play a senior game for us.. you are right Arsène plays with 2 DMF's.. but maybe wenger might use his magic and transform him into an all round Midfielder?

Aussie

Established Member
Gunnsie said:
To be honest I don't think we'll ever see cesc play a senior game for us.. you are right Arsène plays with 2 DMF's.. but maybe wenger might use his magic and transform him into an all round Midfielder?

I rekon you might be surprised. He seems to be doing very very well in the reserves. He is only 16 he is as old as me :shock:

godfather

i hope he will play more 1st team games in the rest of the season!
and ive went to highbury watched couple of carling's cup games, he looks really good

Legend#1

Established Member
Wenger wouldn't have poached Cesc from under Barca's noses knowing he was their hottest young talent and not play him

I'm sure Cesc will be a great player in the future for Arsenal

lee1001

Established Member
Why would Wenger have bought Cesc and play him in the reserves at only 16 if he wasn't for the future first team.

Wenger isn't stupid, he knows what he's doing and how best to use Cesc.

JGooner

Er, relax folks, Cesc will make it at Arsenal. I reckon he could be a first teamer within 2 seasons. He is the best of all our youngsters. He is not a Scholes-type attacking midfielder, so he wouldn't really represent a change from Wenger's "double pivot" system in central midfield. He is more like a "midfield quarterback" - someone who spends most of the match taking up static positions in the centre circle, and picking out passes that other people can't even comprehend. He is reputedly one of the natural passers of a football that Steve Rowley has ever seen.

Returning to Hoyte, I think he also has a very good chance of making it. Volz is no longer in his way. Toure prefers CB, so Wenger may be reluctant to disrupt his progress by forcing him to play RB. Lauren doesn't cut it. Wenger may buy a RB in the summer, such as Trabelsi, but if Hoyte is good enough I don't think it will be necessary. I stress "if" if he is good enough. I haven't seen enough of him to judge.

Aussie

Established Member
He is only 16 and is still growing. Must be looked after and not worked to hard. Give him a few years.

TB*Gooner*

Has nobody noticed Cesc is a lot younger than Wenger? :wink:
Wenger won't be manager forever. It's a shame but still true.

And who knows what he has in mind for Cesc? He might end up playing anywhere on the field...

Aussie

Established Member
Wenger can have the job for as long as he wants. Cesc could maybe get into the team in around three years. Im confident Wenger will be around for at least three.

Latest posts

Top Bottom