• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The significance of being unbeaten?

jc8gooner

Is there any great significance in being unbeaten at this stage?

PROS
It might bring the squad together and raise morale etc.
We retain momentum the longer we go unbeaten.
It is a good record to have-only team in england yet to lose.
History says that if you only lose 3 or 4 games in a season, you will probably win the title-manure have already lost two.
Teams might begin to think that we are unbeatable (hopefully)

CONS
It will make teams all the more motivated and determined to beat us.
It puts pressure on the team.
Wenger might say something stupid like last season.
When we do eventually lose one, who knows what will happen?

Any other ideas folks?

AFCG7

Established Member
Well .. i'm not so sure which way to look at it.. but staying unbeaten thus far, considering the games we have played is brilliant.
However.. we're still just 1 point ahead of Chelsea and 2 ahead of ManUre. so i wouldnt get too worked up about it just yet

Stim

There's upsets round every corner, as United found out. Any team in this league can beat any team, it's just how the team performs on the day that matters.

jc8gooner

We have had a very tough fixture list so far:

We have played all the big 4 other teams in the prem and did admirably.
We have yet to play the two worst teams in the division- Wolves and Leicester.
We have played teams who have been known to shock us- eg charlton.

Its true, we are only marginally ahead of chelski and manure, but they too will draw games, especially when they play the likes of newcastkle, liverpool etc. Chelsea will not beat bolton on a wet ad windy night in november either.

AFCG7

Established Member
true.. what we have going for us is that Chelsea still have to play Man U who also have to play Liverpool.. hopefully they'll cancel each other out while we continue to pick up points

A

Anonymous

:idea: You never know you may go all season unbeaten :mrgreen:

jc8gooner

There you go again, trying to put words in people's mouths. Read my post in general section. :x :evil: :twisted:

A

Anonymous

Never put words in anybodys mouth! i've heard that phase before car't place where i've heard it though.

jc8gooner

very funny. Did alex ferguson rest players yesterday cos he thought it would be easy agaonst fulham?

XxGoonaStuxX

I do think a great PRO of being unbeaten is that it does give us a mind over matter grip. And a mental strength to continue it.
I can't speak for the dressing room but I know that If I was an Arsenal player I would wanna keep that unbeaten run up and not lose momentum.

A

Anonymous

The significance of us being unbeaten is that it proves what a bog standard league the Premiership is.

A

Anonymous

jc8gooner said:
very funny. Did alex ferguson rest players yesterday cos he thought it would be easy agaonst fulham?
Yes he rests players against so called lower sides and play a full team against top sides, he has done the same for the past ten years somtimes it works and sometimes it dont but the team is fresh for the last few months of the season.

A

Anonymous

myth said:
Never put words in anybodys mouth! i've heard that phase before car't place where i've heard it though.
Yes, it was Beckham who said it before losing to Celtic in a friendly.

thegame24

Established Member
i dont know how a loss in the prem will affect the team but we will find out cause i dont think any team in any league can go unbeaten.

i reckon it depends on the type of loss. eg. if its a result where the ref screws us over like in the 2002 season against newcastle and leeds. we will come back stronger but if we get totally outplayed the team will hav to start the engine again as we did against fulham last season after we lost 4 on the trot.

A

Anonymous

ASHBURRN said:
myth said:
Yes, it was Beckham who said it before losing to Celtic in a friendly.
Yes i thought i heard it before.

Mark

Established Member
it's obviously most important not to lose games towards the end of the season, like in 01/02, i'd like if we weren't top the whole time so that we have something to fight for towards the end, last season we were top almost all the time and lost it towards the end. so if we drop some points now it's not that important and the main thing is we didn't lose points to man u and chelski, these results are important in the long run as it gives us a slight advantage over them for the rest of the season.

jc8gooner

That's very true. Then again, we might have learnt from last season being top until like march and all and now might be able to sustain it. Who knows?
There is always something to fight for towards the end. And accumulating points now is important as well as accumulating points at the end. If we have 40 points by christmas, we will be well-placed.

JazzG

Established Member
I like the fact we haven't lost any matches (well duh lol) I think this has shown the team they aren't as bad as the media say.

We have points than we did at the same stage last season. 4 more to be precise, that is a fantastic achievement for a team which are playing quite poor tbh. Hopefully we are saving ourselves for the end of the season :mrgreen:

jc8gooner

we are not playing poor imo. We are just not beating teams in the same manner as this time last season-wengerball stylee. We have more resilience, a better defence but are lacking support for henry.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom