• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The significance of being unbeaten?

Adam

Established Member
No, i don't defend a term - it's meagre, playful and not indicative of any level of intelligence. If it was, then i would be pretty ashamed at the level of ingenuity - hence it has always had a lighthearted association.

I actually disagree with the reaction shown to the term (it is only a word not worthy of thought and this level of writing - damn you Reggiepaul you've done it again! :wink: ), and the way you perhaps do not have such a belief that Arsène has Arsenal playing something special (which i will appreciate for a long, long time - i do not wish to reflect upon Ajax, this is the Arsenal team i support and its in this era). Although, i believe you are saying these things only in relation to the term.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
ParlourTron said:
oneteaminlondon it was a Charlton fan who told me about it (who was told by his friends) and he took the piss, a lot.

You amaze me.... :lol:

Crap word. let's forget it and move on.

A

Anonymous

Chips&CurrySauce said:
Parlour Tron you are spot on. The fact is I have only ever seen this term 'Wengerball' used in this forum and whenever I read it I cringe with embarassement. People use it and they believe they are being intelligent but infact it displays a very symplistic and childish view on football and also a high degree of arrogance and ignorance. Although it isn't intentional it instantly dismisses all the other great teams, such as The dutch national side of the 70's, the great Ajax teams and many many more which have adopted the exact same style of football which Arsène also believes in.

This is all very true. I would have let sleeping dogs lie regarding the word but now it has been raised, I too believe it to be cringeworthy and embarassing. It is only used because some feel they look intellectual when using it, which is far from the truth.

Awful, but I did enjoy laughing at those using it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom