• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Summer of 2014 Deadline, Doomsday Day, Transfer Thread

MaestroCesc

Re: The Summer of 2014 Deadline, Doomsday Day, Transfer Thre

Scot for the third time please answer my questions.
1. If as you say we didn't have the finances to get a CB, then why the hell is Poldi still at the club? He is on big wages and we could get a decent fee from him.
2. Where will that 50m be going if not on transfers?

I find it staggering that you actually believe that, despite everything else pointing against it. If Wenger told the board he needed the money for a CB, do you honestly think they would say no with 50m in the bank lol? I could make plenty more points, but cba as it is pointless, finances clearly aren't the issue.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Being short on defence is beginning to feel a little overstated, we're really not that worse off from last season tbh after looking at the amount of games back ups played.

13/14
Sagna/Jenkinson
Kos/Mert/Verm/(Sagna)
Gibbs/Monreal/(Verm)

14/15
Debuchy/(Chambers)/Bellerin
Kos/Mert/Chambers/(Monreal)
Gibbs/Monreal/(Flamini)

Remains to be seen how well Monreal can preform at CB but I don't think we can question the selling of Vermaelen, he always had a mistake in him and never took control of the back. People seriously think they're wouldn't have been some ill feeling in the squad is Vermaelen was being sidelined for some kid.

Toast

Established Member

Penn_ said:
Being short on defence is beginning to feel a little overstated, we're really not that worse off from last season tbh after looking at the amount of games back ups played.

13/14
Sagna/Jenkinson
Kos/Mert/Verm/(Sagna)
Gibbs/Monreal/(Verm)

14/15
Debuchy/(Chambers)/Bellerin
Kos/Mert/Chambers/(Monreal)
Gibbs/Monreal/(Flamini)

Remains to be seen how well Monreal can preform at CB but I don't think we can question the selling of Vermaelen, he always had a mistake in him and never took control of the back. People seriously think they're wouldn't have been some ill feeling in the squad is Vermaelen was being sidelined for some kid.

We're definitely off worse. See my posts in the squad analysis thread.

ScotVieira

Established Member

MaestroCesc said:
1. If as you say we didn't have the finances to get a CB, then why the hell is Poldi still at the club? He is on big wages and we could get a decent fee from him.

I find it staggering that you actually believe that, despite everything else pointing against it. If Wenger told the board he needed the money for a CB, do you honestly think they would say no with 50m in the bank lol? I could make plenty more points, but cba as it is pointless, finances clearly aren't the issue.
1) I didn't realize you were asking me any question
2) I am not the right person to ask questions with regards to the club's finances
3) If you ask why Poldi is still at the club, why not ask why Rosicky is still at the club or why Ox and Flamini are still at the club?
4) No one except your speculators have identified £50m being in the bank. Besides, if there is £50m in the bank, the board will have their reason why it is still there.
5) What does Wenger gain by refusing to strengthen his own squad and keeping money in the bank that has been made available to him for spending on transfers?

The issue with you here stem from a willingness to believe anything that suits your mind irrespective of the logic or lack of it.

You don't have to answer but I'd like to know how old you are and what you do. It appears that you cannot have a discussion without trying to throw in one or two insults.

MaestroCesc

ScotVieira said:
MaestroCesc said:

2) I am not the right person to ask questions with regards to the club's finances
3) If you ask why Poldi is still at the club, why not ask why Rosicky is still at the club or why Ox and Flamini are still at the club?
4) No one except your speculators have identified £50m being in the bank. Besides, if there is £50m in the bank, the board will have their reason why it is still there.
5) What does Wenger gain by refusing to strengthen his own squad and keeping money in the bank that has been made available to him for spending on transfers?

The issue with you here stem from a willingness to believe anything that suits your mind irrespective of the logic or lack of it.

You don't have to answer but I'd like to know how old you are and what you do. It appears that you cannot have a discussion without trying to throw in one or two insults.
I repeated several times the questions, not sure how I could have made it much clearer...
2. You say that, but you have been going on all this time about how the budget has been small? Slightly contradictory?
3. :lol: Serious? Ox is in our first team and Rozza won't get much of a fee plus isn't on high wages.
4. Speculators? You're the guy speculating, they are experts on the subject and there is nothing speculative about a balance sheet...
5. What did Wenger gain by waiting until the last day to buy in summer 2011? He is known to be stubborn and has his rigid philosophy.

2nd last paragraph :lol: . How is there no logic behind it? You have no facts just your speculation and have been talking rubbish the whole time. I haven't thrown in any insults? I get annoyed when people persist with talking rubbish all the time and just repeat it over and over without any solid basis behind it.

ScotVieira

Established Member

MaestroCesc said:
ScotVieira said:
MaestroCesc said:

I repeated several times the questions, not sure how I could have made it much clearer...
2. You say that, but you have been going on all this time about how the budget has been small? Slightly contradictory?
3. :lol: Serious? Ox is in our first team and Rozza won't get much of a fee plus isn't on high wages.
4. Speculators? You're the guy speculating, they are experts on the subject and there is nothing speculative about a balance sheet...
5. What did Wenger gain by waiting until the last day to buy in summer 2011? He is known to be stubborn and has his rigid philosophy.

2nd last paragraph :lol: . How is there no logic behind it? You have no facts just your speculation and have been talking rubbish the whole time. I haven't thrown in any insults? I get annoyed when people persist with talking rubbish all the time and just repeat it over and over without any solid basis behind it.
I actually expected you come back with the the times you asked me the questions. You did not,

I am going on about my belief that the budget is small and you are getting you knickers in a twist over it. Even your so-called financial analysts know NOTHING about the club's transfer budget. They can only analyze the balance sheet and P&L as publicized by the club. It seems that some ignorant simpletons then take it upon themselves that whatever they see on the balance sheet has to be what the club has allocated as transfer budget.

You come across as someone who does not have a clue how organizations run and think that businesses are run like you run your own peculiar personal finances. Even my finances are not run on using up every fund for anything I feel I desire. I budget accordingly in my personal life, let a lone a business entity.

You claim that Ox is in our first team... you think Poldi is not? You are not the team manager to decide who stays and who goes. The manager knows why he keeps certain players and he doesn't do so based on what fans feel but based on his judgement. I'd rather trust his judgement than ignorant rants on the internet.

So you get annoyed when people go on about something with no basis but you feel okay about going on to say that £50m was available to Wenger for signings this summer. What is the basis for your belief that £50m extra in the bank was made available to Wenger for transfers as part of the budget. It appears the concept of a budget is alien to you and you still find it difficult to comprehend the difference between financial assets and budget.

I do not intend to go on again about this because it is obviously just like explaining speaking Greek to a non-Greek speaker.

Bye.

MaestroCesc

See you say things like you did in your last line but you're incapable of reading posts. I HAVE REPEATEDLY SAID I AM NOT ADVOCATING SPENDING ALL THE MONEY, I AM SAYING WHY DIDN'T WE SPEND AT LEAST HALF OF IT. Yet every post you make up this claim I want us to spend all the money.

MaestroCesc said:
what reason wouldn't you have for spending most of it on transfers?

MaestroCesc said:
Again, you're skipping my questions. Why leave 50m in the bank and not spend half of it?

MaestroCesc said:
please give me a reason why most of that money shouldn't be available to be spent on players?
Look I even gone through the care of putting it in bold... Hey I even put in a reference to you not answering my questions which you have been conveniently skipping over until now. Although in your last post you did miss out on some of my points which I take it you had no answer to.

Those ignorant simpletons know a hell lot more than you, you don't seem to understand. They look at the balance sheet and take away all the costs leaving the free money. Most of this money is obviously going to be the budget.

Seems you haven't been following Arsenal for the past month, Poldi was about to be sold but Giroud got injured. He didn't even make the squad for Everton. The fact you compare his situatin to Ox is hilarious and shows your current knowledge.

Every Arsenal fan and their dog knows there was the money available to spend on at least a CB apart from you who remain in a minority group of ignorant and naive fans in denial.

Complains about me giving insults out (which you never gave evidence of) and then dishes out insults in his next post....

Latest posts

Top Bottom