• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Transfer Deadline Countdown Thread - Summer 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Re: THE TRANSFER WINDOW COUNTDOWN - CLOSED!

Vela said:
So we had bids rejected for Hazard, Gotze, Martin, M'Vila according to reports. But we could of signed Mata and Carzola but wouldn't pay the extra money?

Pjanic too.

patrick42uk

Established Member

ibby said:
Vela said:
So we had bids rejected for Hazard, Gotze, Martin, M'Vila according to reports. But we could of signed Mata and Carzola but wouldn't pay the extra money?
Settling for Arteta and Benayoun is hard to stomach if that's true.

Dont think Arteta is linked to any of those. Seems we wanted to bring in a wide forward and Benayoun is a kind of stop gap

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

i think arteta and carzola had same quality, wenger try to get gorcuff on loan and mvila in the deadline day, but Lyon sell pjanic to roma so they dont loan gourcuff to us, and rennes was want 30m for mvila and i think that overrated price for him im sure wenger will back to him in winter transfer window, i dont trust in gotze reports dortmund say it from the start of the transfer window they will not sell him.

Dave_Ja_Vu

Wasn't sure where to put this, for those who haven't seen it..

<a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15008071.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15008071.stm</a>

Wow. Thank god we didn't sign this c***.

I can't put into to words how much I hate Joey Barton. I literally would not p*** on him if he was on fire.

GDeep™

League is very weak

Just seen this, GUTTED, I knew something was going on. Wouldn't have taken you lads long to change your opinion had he come here and done the business.

Barton is a success story, at one stage it looked like things could end very horribly for him, on and off the pitch, but the guy has turned things around, don't see why he gets so much hate, the Barton reaction on here makes me pretty sad.

Anyway, he's been quality for QPR.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan

GDeep said:
Just seen this, GUTTED, I knew something was going on. Wouldn't have taken you lads long to change your opinion had he come here and done the business.

Barton is a success story, at one stage it looked like things could end very horribly for him, on and off the pitch, but the guy has turned things around, don't see why he gets so much hate, the Barton reaction on here makes me pretty sad.

Anyway, he's been quality for QPR.

Would of been a perfect signing for us. Either in the middle of a 4-3-3 or on the right of a 4-4-2. He has so many qualities that our current side lacks.

I knew as soon as he came out the following day and apologised for his actions against Arsenal that negotiations were going on between the two clubs.

GDeep™

League is very weak

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/212251/QPR-s-Joey-Barton-I-was-so-close-to-being-a-Gunner/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/vie ... -a-Gunner/</a>

Hill-Wood talking to his buddies, Daily Star, again, doesn't think the Barton link was too serious.

dpt49

Established Member

In the space of one transfer window our transfer rumours went from Benzema to Barton, unbelievable.

What will it be in the next transfer window Lee Bowyer.

This is why we are in the mess we are in

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan

dpt49 said:
In the space of one transfer window our transfer rumours went from Benzema to Barton, unbelievable.

Honestly, how many times have you seen Joey Barton play?

Attitude aside, he is a fantastic footballer.

dpt49

Established Member

Cudareli said:
dpt49 said:

Honestly, how many times have you seen Joey Barton play?

Attitude aside, he is a fantastic footballer.
He is a decent footballer and has improved in the last couple of seasons, and he is the sort of player we need on the pitch.

The problem is we don't need a player with a history of violence, on and off the pitch.

Even by his moronic standards, stubbing a cigar out in another players eye is going a bit too far

GDeep™

League is very weak

People need to move on from Bartons younger day indiscretions, it's nothing more than knit picking when you consider how he has turned things around off field - similar to Craig Bellamy, who has a wilder off field record than Joey B.

Vela

Established Member

Barton isn't as good as people make him out to be IMO. Last season he played the majority of his time on the wing for Newcastle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom