• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Under-18s Thread

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Ill be really disappointed if we lose this match. Of the Category 1 teams , its only City, West Ham, Fulham remaining in the competition. On a more positive note , I like how they completely mirror the first team.
Always the way. Been that way since we got to the final. Last year's team got slaughtered by Colchrster.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
We've not fielded our strongest squad over the years and it has cost us. I need us in another youth cup final.
We did get there in the 17/18 season and got slaughtered by Chelsea. Those games were actually closer than the score would indicate but Chelsea were ruthlessly efficient and very clinical. I still think our 18/19 youth cup team was the most talented we have had in many years. Def over the last 10 years. That team had Saka, Okonkwo, Balogun, Smith, Xavier Amaechi etc

Afro Mugo

Half Time: ACD being our best player, closely followed by Myles. I really wish Ibrahim was the DM and Myles number 8. Ibrahim is losing a lot of balls in the half space that are leading to counters. Gower is off the pace , a wave length slower than everyone else in the field. Ferdinand has been given the Martinelli job, which isnt easy and hes struggling against a more physical experienced RB. Funnily enough he plays better as a traditional winger than inverted. Kamara and Nwaneri should come on for Ferdinand and Gower.

Afro Mugo

We did get there in the 17/18 season and got slaughtered by Chelsea. Those games were actually closer than the score would indicate but Chelsea were ruthlessly efficient and very clinical. I still think our 18/19 youth cup team was the most talented we have had in many years. Def over the last 10 years. That team had Saka, Okonkwo, Balogun, Smith, Xavier Amaechi etc
When I think about it , that team was unlucky , they met Chelsea academy at its peak. Not everyday you meet a team that won/wins UEFA youth league in consecutive years. I like this current team because aside from the fact they have probably two generational talents and ACD, they have very interesting profiles . Technical tall fullbacks, Physical CBs (Maldini and Robinson ) Ball playing CBs (Reuell + Quamina has hit some very good balls), a pure Balogun like 9 in Benjamin , fast wing forwards (Kamara). I think they're a bit unlucky they are being coached by a rookie but they are being coached well in terms of mirroring the first team.

Afro Mugo

Ibrahim is having a Xhaka 2018 performance. Captain but the most annoying player on the pitch with how slow he is

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Ibrahim was good for the equaliser but I've not been impressed with him. Completely overshadowed by Lewis-Skelly in both 6 and 8. Usually more solid IMO.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Great comeback win for 4-2. Wilsheres change to bring on Kamara sparked a memorable win.

Cozier-Duberry and Lewis-Skelly continue to be brilliant. Rosiak and Sousa had brilliant 2nd halves aswell. Sousa still a bit ropey lately but he looked far more composed after the break.

Benjamin was tireless up top and didn't get much shrift but he was self effacing and made the others pop. Some great ball carrying aswell. Nwaneris cameo was impressive, his passing was excellent mostly and had some good Carries.

Cozier-Duberry easy MOTM, threatened constantly with his dribbling and fought like mad for the time he was on. Lewis-Skelly was faultless though, his tackling and passing were top class. Some of his interceptions were key today. Warrior performance from both men.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Great comeback win for 4-2. Wilsheres change to bring on Kamara sparked a memorable win.

Cozier-Duberry and Lewis-Skelly continue to be brilliant. Rosiak and Sousa had brilliant 2nd halves aswell. Sousa still a bit ropey lately but he looked far more composed after the break.

Benjamin was tireless up top and didn't get much shrift but he was self effacing and made the others pop. Some great ball carrying aswell. Nwaneris cameo was impressive, his passing was excellent mostly and had some good Carries.

Cozier-Duberry easy MOTM, threatened constantly with his dribbling and fought like mad for the time he was on. Lewis-Skelly was faultless though, his tackling and passing were top class. Some of his interceptions were key today. Warrior performance from both men.
Sousa has no future here. He can’t defend to save his life

Top Bottom