• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Under-18s Thread

Afro Mugo

I'm glad they've moved on to the next round with either Cambridge or Sheffield Wednesday awaiting them. I hope they don't underestimate either team. Lower level youth teams play for their lives in this cup. Cozier Duberry is really who he thinks he is; the main man in the team and relishing the responsibility. Lewis Skelly very impressive with his passing; and almost looked like he's playing in second gear all game. Nwaneri came on and gave a brilliant pass that led to the 3rd goal. Kamara came on and did a 'Doginelli' in that second half..brilliant runs and very direct dribbling. Walters was stable all game and Rosiak had a very good second half..his positioning is still off sometimes but he's adjusting to a new role. Credit also to Wilshere he made the right subs at the right time.

Afro Mugo

Sousa has no future here. He can’t defend to save his life
That's a bit pre-mature because he's a really good player .. Very technical and normally , a very reliable defender , he's just had a dip in form after the Christmas break. There's a very good player in there.

Afro Mugo

Great comeback win for 4-2. Wilsheres change to bring on Kamara sparked a memorable win.

Cozier-Duberry and Lewis-Skelly continue to be brilliant. Rosiak and Sousa had brilliant 2nd halves aswell. Sousa still a bit ropey lately but he looked far more composed after the break.

Benjamin was tireless up top and didn't get much shrift but he was self effacing and made the others pop. Some great ball carrying aswell. Nwaneris cameo was impressive, his passing was excellent mostly and had some good Carries.

Cozier-Duberry easy MOTM, threatened constantly with his dribbling and fought like mad for the time he was on. Lewis-Skelly was faultless though, his tackling and passing were top class. Some of his interceptions were key today. Warrior performance from both men.
Myles controlled his dribbling today, and decided to keep it simple and clever with his passing and I really hope he learns how to evade tackles..I sometimes fear for his ankles

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Sousa has no future here. He can’t defend to save his life
Nah, that's actually one of his better qualities, he's just been off form of late. Lost a bit of confidence after he got toasted by Dire Mebude for 90 mins. He'll be back on it soon.

Myles controlled his dribbling today, and decided to keep it simple and clever with his passing and I really hope he learns how to evade tackles..I sometimes fear for his ankles
Same. I actually am impressed at how largely controlled his performance was. Focused on his ball winning and protected the defence mostly very well. Thought his passing was the most impressive aspect of tonight. Many times he managed to squeeze out these clever through balls into the pocket that came to nothing. He's a real unicorn of a midfielder. Almost seems a shame to play him as a 6 but think it's the best way to use him because it brings out his competitiveness in duels and also his carrying from deep is a weapon.

I agree though, he needs to protect those ankles of his. He always looks like he's been through several battles after every game. Also agree re Cozier-Duberry. He's the real star of this team. Think he might be more impressive than Hutchinson was, and he was someone who often dragged us to the summit in games. There's just a tigerish element to Cozier-Duberry that reminds me of Saka.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Nah, that's actually one of his better qualities, he's just been off form of late. Lost a bit of confidence after he got toasted by Dire Mebude for 90 mins. He'll be back on it soon.

Same. I actually am impressed at how largely controlled his performance was. Focused on his ball winning and protected the defence mostly very well. Thought his passing was the most impressive aspect of tonight. Many times he managed to squeeze out these clever through balls into the pocket that came to nothing. He's a real unicorn of a midfielder. Almost seems a shame to play him as a 6 but think it's the best way to use him because it brings out his competitiveness in duels and also his carrying from deep is a weapon.

I agree though, he needs to protect those ankles of his. He always looks like he's been through several battles after every game. Also agree re Cozier-Duberry. He's the real star of this team. Think he might be more impressive than Hutchinson was, and he was someone who often dragged us to the summit in games. There's just a tigerish element to Cozier-Duberry that reminds me of Saka.

Don't think it's a shame for Skelly to develop as a 6. That's the most important position in the current Arteta system. We see the huge impact Casemiro has had with Man United. A 6 in the modern game is expected to be very well rounded on and off the ball. There seems to be a plethora of talented 8s, but not a lot of dynamic 6s out there.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Don't think it's a shame for Skelly to develop as a 6. That's the most important position in the current Arteta system. We see the huge impact Casemiro has had with Man United. A 6 in the modern game is expected to be very well rounded on and off the ball. There seems to be a plethora of talented 8s, but not a lot of dynamic 6s out there.
I think it's a masterstroke personally to play him as a 6 but I can see why everyone wants him to play as an 8. Just think his best work comes from deep. I want him to develop there. None of this LB Zinchenko business either. Straight single pivot #6.

Geofranco

I think it's a masterstroke personally to play him as a 6 but I can see why everyone wants him to play as an 8. Just think his best work comes from deep. I want him to develop there. None of this LB Zinchenko business either. Straight single pivot #6.

Yea I was getting a bit annoyed with the U21 team playing him in the artsy inverted fullback Zinchenko role. He still looked good there against stoke U21 though lol. His dribbling and powerful runs were still very effective.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Yea I was getting a bit annoyed with the U21 team playing him in the artsy inverted fullback Zinchenko role. He still looked good there against stoke U21 though lol. His dribbling and powerful runs were still very effective.
Oh he's such a unicorn of a player he could probably make that role work as well as Zinchenko does but he's so good as a 6 that I don't see the point.

Patino looks a very good 6 aswell but I HATE how slow he is and he over commits to compensate. Think the role is made for Lewis-Skelly.

Geofranco

Oh he's such a unicorn of a player he could probably make that role work as well as Zinchenko does but he's so good as a 6 that I don't see the point.

Patino looks a very good 6 aswell but I HATE how slow he is and he over commits to compensate. Think the role is made for Lewis-Skelly.
Yea Patino loves to dive into tackles lol. Reminds me of Wilshere with his reckless tackling technique, makes me cringe thinking he can injure himself at any point. Think Patino will be better in the current Xhaka role. If he can just get a little more power and add some quickness. Athleticism can def be improved, we have even seen it with Nketiah who is clearly stronger and quicker than he was 3 years ago.

Tom349

Only youth level but the way ACD is able to consistently get his shot away despite the opposition knowing he is going to cut in on his left is Robben like. Really like him as talent and hopefully gets a chance in preseason as he is probably someone who we can afford to give an opportunity next season.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Only youth level but the way ACD is able to consistently get his shot away despite the opposition knowing he is going to cut in on his left is Robben like. Really like him as talent and hopefully gets a chance in preseason as he is probably someone who we can afford to give an opportunity next season.
If I have one quibble re Cozier-Duberry, I'd like him to use his right foot more as his right foot is more than decent. Gives him extra dimensions.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
ACD may have been promoted. Training photos has him with the senior squad training top and a squad number. The 2nd tweet I copied didn't notice the gray training tops for the young guys.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻

I think he's got what it takes to be a good more modern 6. Vs Brentford, it was interesting that Partey was at least 10 yards further forward and playing more progressively and not just sittig in-in the second half especially. The role might be evolving slightly.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Wilshere got the big guns for this one and delivered. Beat Chelsea 4-1. Benjamin brace, along with Gower and Rosiak scoring. Tell you what, Rosiak looks a player. Plays deep midfield and right back, both footed too. Looks a real clever player. His cross for Benjamin's second is almost better than his free kick goal.

Afro Mugo

Wilshere got the big guns for this one and delivered. Beat Chelsea 4-1. Benjamin brace, along with Gower and Rosiak scoring. Tell you what, Rosiak looks a player. Plays deep midfield and right back, both footed too. Looks a real clever player. His cross for Benjamin's second is almost better than his free kick goal.
Welcome to the Rosiak Hive 😂 . He has mostly played RB, DM , CM and has been used as an LB and CB in younger age groups . His technical ability is up there with the best in hale end. He is very unlucky honestly to exist at the same time as MLS because he would have been a very good DM but I look at Ben White and I see an academy regen.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Welcome to the Rosiak Hive 😂 . He has mostly played RB, DM , CM and has been used as an LB and CB in younger age groups . His technical ability is up there with the best in hale end. He is very unlucky honestly to exist at the same time as MLS because he would have been a very good DM but I look at Ben White and I see an academy regen.
He took a bit of a pounding from the Watford attack in the last round but he came back with a vengeance in the 2nd half. Had to give him credit. Very clever, can see why Wilshere is so high on him.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
Cozier Duberry was a bit greedy earlier. Should have cut it back for Nwaneri (I think). He's had the better of the full back so we should coast these guys in the 2nd half.

Top Bottom