• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Under-18s Thread

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Unlucky lads, just gotta try and bounce back next year.

Seen an Arsenal keeper get chipped from basically the halfway line too many times this season, can't lie though 😅

Afro Mugo

Good article. The 6 major players I see getting a boost would be:

Ethan Nwaneri
Myles Lewis-Skelly
Amario Cozier-Duberry
Reuell Walters
Lino Sousa
Michal Rosiak

Those 6 guys have the quality to be top level players and we have to make sure we challenge them appropriately. Walters, Sousa, Cozier-Duberry and arguably Rosiak all should go on loan or at least play first team in some capacity. What we want to avoid is them playing u21 longer than they need to. I don't mind the u21 team losing every now and then as long as the best prospects are getting challenged more frequently. Lewis-Skelly and Nwaner are too young for loans this summer so let them stay with the u21s for now and potentially in Jan we can send Lewis-Skelly on loan once he has some more u21 football under his belt.

The player I feel will be the breakout next season in terms of youth progression will be Osman Kamara. Thought he was dangerous when he came on for Gower. Just felt the occasion might have been a little too big for him but he acquitted himself well.
I think a loan may be too early for Rosiak remember we will be playing in the UEFA y

Ethan Nwaneri
Myles Lewis-Skelly
Amario Cozier-Duberry
Reuell Walters
Lino Sousa
Michal Rosiak

Those 6 guys have the quality to be top level players and we have to make sure we challenge them appropriately. Walters, Sousa, Cozier-Duberry and arguably Rosiak all should go on loan or at least play first team in some capacity. What we want to avoid is them playing u21 longer than they need to. I don't mind the u21 team losing every now and then as long as the best prospects are getting challenged more frequently. Lewis-Skelly and Nwaner are too young for loans this summer so let them stay with the u21s for now and potentially in Jan we can send Lewis-Skelly on loan once he has some more u21 football under his belt.

The player I feel will be the breakout next season in terms of youth progression will be Osman Kamara. Thought he was dangerous when he came on for Gower. Just felt the occasion might have been a little too big for him but he acquitted himself well.
[/QUOTE

Ethan Nwaneri
Myles Lewis-Skelly
Amario Cozier-Duberry
Reuell Walters
Lino Sousa
Michal Rosiak

I think a loan may be a year too early for Rosiak .. we will be playing in the youth League next season so I think he'll be kept as the RB for both u21s and u19s as Sweet goes on loan.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

It is a little odd, but we don't know what the division of labour is between him and those working alongside him. We also don't know if he's any good or not. Perhaps the club feel that an academy kid who played for England and could have been a superstar but was hit by injuries and made poor choices is a more inspiring and instructive role model than the majority of youth coaches who peaked out at league 2 and retired young without ever having a sniff of the big time. I'm not sure where I stand, but it does seem he has experienced coaches supporting him

I have done coaching courses years ago and this is something even people who were giving courses didn’t like and said they wanted to work on. This is not an Arsenal wilshere criticism. But a bigger issue with coaching players n general hence why there is lack of coaches coming through

Something like Jose Mourinho would never happen in England because he was never a player. Another example is Mertesacker. Straight away he got the job of manager of the whole academy. Straight after he retired he got one of the absolute top jobs in academy football with zero experience. Imagine the people who has worked on academies for decades who put in the work and gained all experience. They would never get a look in

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I think a loan may be too early for Rosiak remember we will be playing in the UEFA y
Think you may be right re Rosiak but he's really shone this season. One of our best prospects now IMO. Forgot about the UYL though, that'll be a huge test. Shame we won't have likes of Cozier-Duberry getting involved but Nwaneri and Lewis-Skelly flanked perhaps by new scholars like Heaven would be interesting indeed. Wonder if Chido Obi gets fast tracked too.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

@MutableEarth

Good piece on the new scholars on the official site. Is Heaven the lanky midfielder? Is Chido Obi not in this group?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
@MutableEarth

Good piece on the new scholars on the official site. Is Heaven the lanky midfielder? Is Chido Obi not in this group?
Chido still a schoolboy this year (15 I think). Think he may bully his way into the team though.

Heaven is the tall one, plays CB and CM. Him and Akolbire are interesting players. Would like to see more of them. Hear a lot about Casey, Oyetunde and Copley aswell.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Chido still a schoolboy this year (15 I think). Think he may bully his way into the team though.

Heaven is the tall one, plays CB and CM. Him and Akolbire are interesting players. Would like to see more of them. Hear a lot about Casey, Oyetunde and Copley aswell.
Is Ayden the one who got a telling off in The Hale End doc?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Is Ayden the one who got a telling off in The Hale End doc?
Yeah same kid. He was the captain and reamed his players out a bit too much for the coach's liking. Very solid player by all accounts though. Strong and can do pretty much everything. Clearly a big character aswell.

Afro Mugo

Chido is born November 2007 ; technically still a schoolboy but I suspect will play a lot for the u18s. Also look out for Brandon Bailey Joseph , he's been quite injured recently but he's rated very highly. Technically still an U15 but he's really really good. Ife Ibrahim, Ademi Akarakiri and Louis Zecevic-John (TJJ Regen) are other school boys (u16) who may make appearances this coming season.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

The clip everyone's seen by now of Ayden Heaven.

Chido is born November 2007 ; technically still a schoolboy but I suspect will play a lot for the u18s. Also look out for Brandon Bailey Joseph , he's been quite injured recently but he's rated very highly. Technically still an U15 but he's really really good. Ife Ibrahim, Ademi Akarakiri and Louis Zecevic-John (TJJ Regen) are other school boys (u16) who may make appearances this coming season.
What's the lowdown on Bailey-Joseph? I'm very out of the loop with the current u15s/u16s.

Afro Mugo

The clip everyone's seen by now of Ayden Heaven.

What's the lowdown on Bailey-Joseph? I'm very out of the loop with the current u15s/u16s.
I haven't seen much of him , just once. He's a winger but I saw him playing CM and his close control is very good. As an u14, he received the best player award for both the u14 and u15 age groups. I've heard he's in that Reiss/Saka calibre of talent; but we can only wait and see. I'll get a clearer picture this season as he'll probably be playing with u16s a lot.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
U
I haven't seen much of him , just once. He's a winger but I saw him playing CM and his close control is very good. As an u14, he received the best player award for both the u14 and u15 age groups. I've heard he's in that Reiss/Saka calibre of talent; but we can only wait and see. I'll get a clearer picture this season as he'll probably be playing with u16s a lot.
Interesting - sounds like another versatile player aswell. Will look out for him for sure. Interesting to me how strong each intake is at the moment.

Afro Mugo

Yep, supposedly massively gifted. Definitely following the money though, not sure what his advisers are playing at :lol:.
His moves have been very weird . Maybe not the Nwaneri of CBs because as we've seen today that kid is a future Ballon D'or contender if he's playing like that at 16 but the club really rated parker. Another ex Hale End Femi Fapetu left at u14 to Man City and is now a scholar with them. But in Fapetu's case, his brother was released by Arsenal and joined Derby so he decided to join him up North. Nwaneri also has a younger brother Emerson u13 but plays with u14s, he would have left too if he moved up North.

Latest posts

Top Bottom