• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Under-18s Thread

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Still very confused about what's going on at U18 level...Hutchinson used as a LB, Flores picked as a substitute? What's going on...they seem to be following Arteta's cue and not using attacking midfielders, despite actually having them...

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
The U18s beat Spuds 4-1 yesterday, with goals from Zane Monlouis, Omari Hutchinson, Kido Taylor-Hart and Mazeed Ogungbo. Hutchinson's goal is a beauty.

Seems like the U18 and U23 teams scored some great goals over the weekend. I think Bandeira had 2 or 3 assists in this game too. Hasn't been getting as much hype as the rest, but he looks the most physically ready out of all the midfield and attacking prospects from his group.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Golazo. Any progress with Kido's contract?
No updates. Most of his intake haven't signed either. Only Azeez, Cirjan and (somewhat surprisingly) Alex Kirk - funnily enough he is actually the CB who plays the ball between the lines for Bandeira in the above video :lol:.

Seems like the U18 and U23 teams scored some great goals over the weekend. I think Bandeira had 2 or 3 assists in this game too. Hasn't been getting as much hype as the rest, but he looks the most physically ready out of all the midfield and attacking prospects from his group.
Bandeira very much under the radar considering the guy next to him in midfield is Charlie Patino. Different style of player aswell - can see him ending up being a more combative type of player but he's got some moments of real quality in his game. Really like Bandeira.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
https://player.arsenal.com/video/u-18s-tottenham-hotspur-h-highlights

Highlights of the U18 victory vs Sp**s.

- Alex Kirk really stands out here. Some good progressive play from the CB, very much on the front foot.

- 3 really excellent finishes today, particularly Hutchinson's goal but the quick nature of the break in Taylor-Hart's goal was really good aswell, with Hutchinson playing the correct ball quickly, albeit the angle made it slightly more difficult. Really hope Taylor-Hart stays.

- Patino and Bandeira look to have acclimatised really well to this level now. Patino in particular looked combative and aggressive, which is refreshing to see for a player of his type.

- Hutchinson is quickly becoming U23 ready. He's grown into a very solid athlete and looks physically capable of dealing with pressure, alongside his technical quality. That's a huge improvement that could be the key to him making it at Arsenal.

Afro Mugo

https://player.arsenal.com/video/u-18s-tottenham-hotspur-h-highlights

Highlights of the U18 victory vs Sp**s.

- Alex Kirk really stands out here. Some good progressive play from the CB, very much on the front foot.

- 3 really excellent finishes today, particularly Hutchinson's goal but the quick nature of the break in Taylor-Hart's goal was really good aswell, with Hutchinson playing the correct ball quickly, albeit the angle made it slightly more difficult. Really hope Taylor-Hart stays.

- Patino and Bandeira look to have acclimatised really well to this level now. Patino in particular looked combative and aggressive, which is refreshing to see for a player of his type.

- Hutchinson is quickly becoming U23 ready. He's grown into a very solid athlete and looks physically capable of dealing with pressure, alongside his technical quality. That's a huge improvement that could be the key to him making it at Arsenal.
I like the look of Kirk, everytime I watch highlights, he's always making a lines-splitting pass with his right or left foot. One of those players who just develop silently under the radar. Patino seems to be playing a very defensive role and I think that's the only reason he's still playing on this level aside from the fact the likes of Azeez and Cirjan are ahead of him. KTH has talent in abundance and he just needs a little bit more time to put all the pieces of his talent together. Theres just some ruthlessness and intensity he needs to develop and he'll blow up like Balogun. I hope his contract is more to do with Arsenal not yet offering than KTH not accepting as he weighs his options.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Highlights from the 2-2 draw vs Southampton - which, looking at this, we should have won this one handily. Their penalty was extremely soft, as Awe looked to get the ball. Few things were noticeable:

- Brooke Norton-Cuffy is a LOT more skilful on the ball than I gave him credit, going by this performance. He looked very comfortable picking up the ball in the final 3rd and dealt with pressure really well. I've always thought he looked good defensively but this was a very strong offensive performance. I'm very impressed and intrigued by him so far.

- Khayon Edwards' goal was very assured. I'm awaiting him to get a bit more comfortable at this level to see more of his game but he could possibly be the one to pick up where Balogun left off at that level.

- Henry-Francis is giving me Matt Smith vibes. Not quite as incisive but very comfortable technically and seemingly makes clever decisions.

- Hutchinson again with another clutch goal. Easily becoming the most impressive performer at that level. It will be good for him to have Marcelo Flores back though, as that may ease some of the burden on him.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Highlights from the 2-2 draw vs Southampton - which, looking at this, we should have won this one handily. Their penalty was extremely soft, as Awe looked to get the ball. Few things were noticeable:

- Brooke Norton-Cuffy is a LOT more skilful on the ball than I gave him credit, going by this performance. He looked very comfortable picking up the ball in the final 3rd and dealt with pressure really well. I've always thought he looked good defensively but this was a very strong offensive performance. I'm very impressed and intrigued by him so far.

- Khayon Edwards' goal was very assured. I'm awaiting him to get a bit more comfortable at this level to see more of his game but he could possibly be the one to pick up where Balogun left off at that level.

- Henry-Francis is giving me Matt Smith vibes. Not quite as incisive but very comfortable technically and seemingly makes clever decisions.

- Hutchinson again with another clutch goal. Easily becoming the most impressive performer at that level. It will be good for him to have Marcelo Flores back though, as that may ease some of the burden on him.

On my FM save Ballard, Patino and Norton-Cuffy are capable squad members.

Is this realistic for the future you reckon?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
On my FM save Ballard, Patino and Norton-Cuffy are capable squad members.

Is this realistic for the future you reckon?
I would say so. Ballard hasn't really had a look-in but he's a tough bastard who's survived being released more than once. I don't think there's another player who's fought harder for an Arsenal contract than him. He's a bit of a hybrid defender - very no-nonsense approach usually but he's quite a skilled passer of the ball and is already an international defender with games against some very strong teams. Strong in the air too. I think he could easily do the role Holding is doing.

Patino and Norton-Cuffy are very highly rated. Patino is compared to Wilshere a lot because he's a left footed CM and has a similar gait, but I think the area where they're most similar is that they're quite happy to do the dirty work - Patino is willing to be aggressive and hassle opponents. I'd say of the midfielders we have, he's probably the most suited to playing that DLP role, he's a smart player who can beat a press and play some really good passes. I've been impressed with him most times I've seen him.

Norton-Cuffy is the youngest of 3 right backs in the current set-up, and arguably has the most potential. Seems to be comfortable defensively and offensively, and he's very much aided by his powerful and athletic physique. Just signed pro and has the all-round attributes to be a complete RB.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka

Charles Sagoe started, but didn't even see him get one touch in these highlights lol. Norton-Cuffy already looks like a grown man, like one of those Chelsea prospects. Edwards gives me Nketiah vibes, but looks more technical.

GRTourist

Hi,

I’m a football photographer and cover a lot of the Fulham Academy games. I usually write about the matches I cover, and as an Arsenal fan since I was a kid, was particularly excited to cover the game today.

Fulham deserved the win, and I don’t think Arsenal are getting the most out the ability they have within their team, but for anyone who is interested, here is my write up of the game, and a selection of the pictures.

https://thegrassrootstourist.com/2021/04/10/fulham-u18-vs-arsenal-u18/ 3

Regards,

GRT

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Pretty strong line-up even though there's players missing. Looks like we will line up like this:

Ejeheri
Norton-Cuffy Monlouis Kirk Ogungbo
Azeez Henry-Francis
Hutchinson Flores Taylor-Hart
Edwards
Pretty well balanced, although not much defensive presence in midfield - Azeez should be enough IMO as he'll most likely be the best player. Really excited to see the 4 in attack though. Hutchinson, Taylor-Hart and Flores altogether should be very interesting, and it'll be my first time having an extended look at Edwards, who is pretty highly rated. Flores is back after injury so will be good to see him. Hutchinson and Taylor-Hart are in very good form.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
is Patino injured?
Yeah, he's been injured for a minute tbf, but he'll be back soon apparently. He'd definitely be starting next to Azeez if he was fit but I've been quietly impressed with Henry-Francis and I really liked what I saw from him on his U23 debut. Reminds me a lot of Matt Smith actually, maybe not quite as incisive with his through ball but very clever and a solid passer of the ball.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom