• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Under-18s Thread

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Will Greenwood be the main striker if Balogun gets used at u23 level? @MutableEarth

Can see both being regulars with the u23s with Saka and John-Jules getting first team minutes, not sure who the striker would be at u18 level if that’s the case.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Will Greenwood be the main striker if Balogun gets used at u23 level? @MutableEarth

Can see both being regulars with the u23s with Saka and John-Jules getting first team minutes, not sure who the striker would be at u18 level if that’s the case.
Alfie Matthews started this morning as #9 and Greenwood was #10 so I imagine that Greenwood will probably do what John-Jules has been doing and play second striker - which I think plays into his more technical abilities.

We kicked off against Chelsea at 11am. They currently lead us 1-0 with about 20 mins to go.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Chelsea ended up winning 2-1. I think most of their first year scholars are probably from the group that beat us 5-2 in the U16 final. I am really excited to see more of Azeez, Kido Taylor Hart and Greenwood this season. I wonder if Ebiowei will feature for U18 this season. Same with Patino.

Geofranco

Plange looks like a good talent (excellent footwork at the end of the highlight).

I wonder who will be the talisman this year for the U18.

Greenwood is talented, but doesn't look like a pure striker or CF. He looks more like a second striker or even a 10.

They'll definitely miss John Jules and Balogun this season, but this group already looks very technically sound.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Plange looks like a good talent (excellent footwork at the end of the highlight).

I wonder who will be the talisman this year for the U18.

Greenwood is talented, but doesn't look like a pure striker or CF. He looks more like a second striker or even a 10.

They'll definitely miss John Jules and Balogun this season, but this group already looks very technically sound.
I think the flanks are a bit weaker this season. Spine of the team is still very strong, but full-back and wing positions will need someone to step up. Taylor-Hart seems like the one.

Geofranco

I think the flanks are a bit weaker this season. Spine of the team is still very strong, but full-back and wing positions will need someone to step up. Taylor-Hart seems like the one.

I just realized that we had so much power and explosiveness in the team last season too.

Daley- Campbell, Saka (whenever he featured for the U18), Balogun and even Trae Coyle (built like a grown man and has been playing U18 football since he was 15).

A lot of second year scholars too, no wonder we destroyed so many teams lol.

This group looks more finesse, plus lots of first year scholars. Musah will be a big miss in the middle.

Taylor Hart kinda reminds me of Chris Willock with his movement on the ball.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
@MutableEarth mentioned this lad.

C.Willock, Nelson, Amaechi, Saka, KTH.

Mental production line, had Gnabry and Jeff as well of course.
Yeah Taylor-Hart is very good. In a similar mold to Nelson and Amaechi but theres a slight difference about him, not quite sure what it is yet. But hes very tricky and very good technically. Will be interesting to see what his end product is like. He already has an assist in the Chelsea game.

Geofranco

Yeah Taylor-Hart is very good. In a similar mold to Nelson and Amaechi but theres a slight difference about him, not quite sure what it is yet. But hes very tricky and very good technically. Will be interesting to see what his end product is like. He already has an assist in the Chelsea game.

I think Taylor Hart is more like Chris Willock. He doesn't have the power and explosiveness of Amaechi and isn't as well rounded or as quick as Nelson. His seems to have more finesse in his game than Nelson and Amaechi.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I think Taylor Hart is more like Chris Willock. He doesn't have the power and explosiveness of Amaechi and isn't as well rounded or as quick as Nelson. His seems to have more finesse in his game than Nelson and Amaechi.
Chris Willock is a good shout - a bit busier than Chrissy as I think he's not a bad athlete at all, but more noticeably has that real ease on the ball. Looks at home with the ball at his feet - great co-ordination and balance, as well as use of both feet when dribbling. It's a good skillset to have for him, at least in comparison to the other wingers as he stands out somewhat. His development will be very intriguing to see, as with Miguel Azeez. Sam Greenwood aswell. Those 3 are the most intriguing, and would add Mazeed Ogungbo to the convo aswell.

Impact

Established Member
Chris Willock is a good shout - a bit busier than Chrissy as I think he's not a bad athlete at all, but more noticeably has that real ease on the ball. Looks at home with the ball at his feet - great co-ordination and balance, as well as use of both feet when dribbling. It's a good skillset to have for him, at least in comparison to the other wingers as he stands out somewhat. His development will be very intriguing to see, as with Miguel Azeez. Sam Greenwood aswell. Those 3 are the most intriguing, and would add Mazeed Ogungbo to the convo aswell.

To the extent he doesn't play for the under 23s, I think we also have high hopes for Arthur Okonkwo too. Think he is best goalkeeping talent we have had since the days of Wojciech Szczęsny.

Greenwood reminds me of van Persie in that he plays as a second striker / wide player but has fantastic feet (both-footed), striking technique and intelligence. Can see him moving further forward and taking on the mantle of CF as time progresses.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
To the extent he doesn't play for the under 23s, I think we also have high hopes for Arthur Okonkwo too. Think he is best goalkeeping talent we have had since the days of Wojciech Szczęsny.

Greenwood reminds me of van Persie in that he plays as a second striker / wide player but has fantastic feet (both-footed), striking technique and intelligence. Can see him moving further forward and taking on the mantle of CF as time progresses.

Greenwood still plays as a #9 from time to time, but his dropping deep is to accommodate for both a lack of viable #10s currently in the U18 team (I await Catalin Cirjan's debut) and also to accommodate one of Alfie Matthews and Luke Plange in the team. Matthews is a 2nd year who's quite promising but hasn't had much opportunity, while Plange is a 1st year who apparently is an excellent finisher.

RE Okonkwo, he would already be playing for the U23s ahead of James Hillson but he's currently injured.

Top Bottom