• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Under-18s Thread

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
watching those highlights and for all the grief Hutchinson gets for his size, he's almost as tall as Patino now. Flores meanwhile is being towered over by everybody and is a full head shorter than Edwards.
He's actually one of the bigger players in that attack now. Edwards is probably about 6'1 or 6'2, Taylor-Hart slightly shorter (6' tops) and then it's Hutchinson. Bandeira's actually much shorter than I thought he was because Hutchinson is taller than him. About 5'11 I'd say. There really isn't too many short players in this team - it's only Flores. The backline had Laing, Kirk, Foran, Ogungbo, Awe and Monlouis at points in this match and they're all at least 6'2. Patino and Bandeira are probably around 5'11 and 5'10 respectively. Flores really stands out because he's the only regular presence who's much shorter than the rest of the team.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
He's actually one of the bigger players in that attack now. Edwards is probably about 6'1 or 6'2, Taylor-Hart slightly shorter (6' tops) and then it's Hutchinson. Bandeira's actually much shorter than I thought he was because Hutchinson is taller than him. About 5'11 I'd say. There really isn't too many short players in this team - it's only Flores. The backline had Laing, Kirk, Foran, Ogungbo, Awe and Monlouis at points in this match and they're all at least 6'2. Patino and Bandeira are probably around 5'11 and 5'10 respectively. Flores really stands out because he's the only regular presence who's much shorter than the rest of the team.

I think the camera angles can be a bit deceiving, if you look at the shot of them huddling at the beginning of the game Hutchinson is just a hair taller than Flores, I'm guessing Flores is something like 1.67-1.69 and Hutchinson 1.69-1.72.

Marchelo Flores according to the commentator, lol.

Where is Joel López, anyone know? Not on the bench nor for U-23s nor featuring for U-18s.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
I think the camera angles can be a bit deceiving, if you look at the shot of them huddling at the beginning of the game Hutchinson is just a hair taller than Flores, I'm guessing Flores is something like 1.67-1.69 and Hutchinson 1.69-1.72.

Where is Joel López, anyone know? Not on the bench nor for U-23s nor featuring for U-18s.

Maybe Lopez got homesick lol. Mexican players usually don't grow that tall and are not very physically imposing, so it won't really surprise me if Flores just stays that small.

Geofranco

I think Awe might be closer to 6'4 now. I saw him in one of those training vids and he looked taller than Gabriel. I haven't seen any mention of Charles Sagoe. He might not feature till next season for the U18 or maybe if there is an injury crisis. Taylor Hart also could join the U23 team before the end of the season.

Afro Mugo

Finley Stevens RB who was released last intake has made his debut for Brentford tonight. Nice to see some who were released find their way back. He spent a year playing non league football

Afro Mugo

I think you're seriously underestimating how tall pro athletes are . Marcelo looks short because he's surrounded by giants . He doesn't strike me as Cazorla height so I'd say 5'7" 1.70m probably . Hutchinson is taller closer to 5'10" Saka's height . Awe is definitely about 6'4"-6'5" he looks as tall as Medley.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
The U18s went down to 10 men and lost 3-2 to West Ham. They actually did pretty well by coming from 2-0 down but it wasn't enough. Kirk and Taylor-Hart got the goals (Hutchinson had another assist, that's 4 in 4).

Results-wise a mixed start for the U18s. They look to have a bit more impetus about them than the U23s so far but given the quality of individual talent in this intake, I was hoping for a little bit more. That said, this is OK IMO - the results won't be a huge determining factor. But they help.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
The U18s went down to 10 men and lost 3-2 to West Ham. They actually did pretty well by coming from 2-0 down but it wasn't enough. Kirk and Taylor-Hart got the goals (Hutchinson had another assist, that's 4 in 4).

Results-wise a mixed start for the U18s. They look to have a bit more impetus about them than the U23s so far but given the quality of individual talent in this intake, I was hoping for a little bit more. That said, this is OK IMO - the results won't be a huge determining factor. But they help.

Agree results don't matter but it's weird to see they are not dominating games more--the Tottenham one for instance is a bit worrying to me, this one with the red card you understand more--with a midfield of Patino and Bandeira, and attackers as good as Flores, Taylor-Hart, and Hutchinson, you'd really expect more dominance.

Doesn't reflect too well on the coaching even if all that you say is true re: development being more important than results.

Geofranco

Agree results don't matter but it's weird to see they are not dominating games more--the Tottenham one for instance is a bit worrying to me, this one with the red card you understand more--with a midfield of Patino and Bandeira, and attackers as good as Flores, Taylor-Hart, and Hutchinson, you'd really expect more dominance.

Doesn't reflect too well on the coaching even if all that you say is true re: development being more important than results.

They're conceding a lot of goals at that level. The defensive coaching really needs to improve.

Afro Mugo

They're conceding a lot of goals at that level. The defensive coaching really needs to improve.
It's a really talented group so it's natural to expect more from them though I think Patino and Bandeira are both best as 8s though its interesting that Patino plays as the more defensive of the two but understandably because he has the better passing range and vision from deep while Mauro offers box to box presence. As Chelsea and the u23s has shown us , coaches play a key role in results. Ever since Morris and Edwards left the youth set up, they haven't dominated as much. Gillard seemed like an appointee who was Ampadu's mate more than anything else as they worked together before. I think after this season there'll be some coaching changes on both the u23s and u18s.

Geofranco

https://player.arsenal.com/video/u-18s-west-ham-highlights

Seems to be a somewhat unfortunate loss here, looking at these highlights. Hutchinson, Flores and Taylor-Hart again look very impressive, with a few nice moments from Patino. Was 2 nice finishes aswell from Kirk and Taylor-Hart.

I think the red was a bit harsh. Hutchinson to me is looking like a very good 10. I think that should be the position he develops in.

He seems to have very good vision and does well with the quick combination passes, his movement looks promising too.

Taylor Hart has such a clean technique, love this player. I wish the highlights were longer so I could see more of Patino and Bandeira in midfield.

Amazing the depth of this group, as Sweet, Awe, Charles Sagoe and Plange all on the bench.

Afro Mugo

I think the red was a bit harsh. Hutchinson to me is looking like a very good 10. I think that should be the position he develops in.

He seems to have very good vision and does well with the quick combination passes, his movement looks promising too.

Taylor Hart has such a clean technique, love this player. I wish the highlights were longer so I could see more of Patino and Bandeira in midfield.

Amazing the depth of this group, as Sweet, Awe, Charles Sagoe and Plange all on the bench.
I look at what the 99s and 01s have supplied the first team and I can't wait for them to mature. So many players whom I can say stand a chance to reach the first team. I wish the highlights were longer too. I'm actually interested in the defenders. I like Norton-Cuffy's physique and athleticism and according to him he rarely loses his duels. Just below this group there's a defender called Tino Quamina. What a name! But I've seen clips of him and I like what I've seen a LB/LCB with very good passing and agility

Geofranco

I look at what the 99s and 01s have supplied the first team and I can't wait for them to mature. So many players whom I can say stand a chance to reach the first team. I wish the highlights were longer too. I'm actually interested in the defenders. I like Norton-Cuffy's physique and athleticism and according to him he rarely loses his duels. Just below this group there's a defender called Tino Quamina. What a name! But I've seen clips of him and I like what I've seen a LB/LCB with very good passing and agility

Norton-Cuffy will have a chance to make it cause of the position he plays. He is already so physically developed for his age. Yea defenders like Monlouis and Awe are highly rated and hope to see them take their game to the next level. I haven't heard of Quamina, but it's always good to here of prospects with good passing ability.

Geofranco

U18 took a 5-0 beating to Brighton. Bit concerning how poor the defense has been the last two seasons. Even playing at home with all the creative talent on display, but couldn't score. Hopefully we don't get relegated lol.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
U18 took a 5-0 beating to Brighton. Bit concerning how poor the defense has been the last two seasons. Even playing at home with all the creative talent on display, but couldn't score. Hopefully we don't get relegated lol.
It's ironic given these are the best collection of individual defensive talents we've had in a minute. I really think this is more of a coaching issue, compounded with the fact that the majority of the defenders are either 1st years or 2nd years who didn't play much last year (e.g Laing). Ogungbo probably the most experienced defender in that team.

Monlouis is a player I'd like to see more of. Seems to embody the traits of a modern CB.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚

I just don't understand how such a talented team is getting beat so badly at this level. It doesn't make sense to me. That team was even more experienced than the ones we've been playing before at that level (Cirjan and Taylor-Hart both in it).

Don't want to be alarmist as it's very early on but it would seem either there is a problem with the coaching or perhaps we've overrated a bit the quality of this group? If you just look a that team on paper given how we rate all these players you would think, if they are as good as we think, they would actually dominate this level, not get dominated.

Top Bottom