• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Under-18s Thread

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Southampton bottom of the u23 and u18 leagues, crazy.
Yeah, bit strange considering people have been wanking over their set-up for years. The most recent prospect to start getting games for their first team is one of ours - Nathan Tella. They produce good individual players tbf.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Yeah, bit strange considering people have been wanking over their set-up for years. The most recent prospect to start getting games for their first team is one of ours - Nathan Tella. They produce good individual players tbf.
Ours is a proper B team today, none of the team that’ll face Liverpool involved.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Ours is a proper B team today, none of the team that’ll face Liverpool involved.
Yeah, extremely young team. Edu's son started his first game!

Bradley Ibrahim started in midfield and he's one of our confirmed scholars next season. Probably starts next to Henry-Francis or Bandeira - depending on which one of those two moves up to U23, if they move up at all. Sagoe Jnr got a start aswell which is good, and Butler-Oyedeji got 90 mins.

Think some players are getting saved for the U23 game on Monday aswell - Azeez, Taylor-Hart and co. I'm looking forward to seeing this team get tested against a really good team over 90 mins. Think Awe might be involved somewhat. Little worried that Norton-Cuffy might not make it though as he got hurt vs West Ham.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Amani Richards joined Arsenal from Chelsea recently and the young forward hasn’t wasted any time in settling into his new surroundings.

Having made his debut for Arsenal U18s as a substitute against Fulham earlier this month, Richards was given his first start at that level yesterday as the young Gunners took on Leicester City.

The game ended 1-1, with Richards getting on the scoresheet and receiving a considerable amount of praise for his performance.

Also capable of playing on either flank, the 16-year-old is very skilful and direct, and it will be intriguing to see how he develops next season when he becomes a full-time scholar at London Colney.

Another recent arrival, forward Kaleel Green, made his U18s debut yesterday. The prospect was previously at Southampton and is known for his flair.

There was another debutant too, with Kristopher Elian Quesada-Thorn, a Hale End graduate, coming on for the latter stages.

Eligible to represent Costa Rica or England, he is usually deployed at left-back.

It was a rather depleted Arsenal U18 side that took to the field against Leicester, with a host of players rested for next Friday’s eagerly-anticipated trip to Anfield to take on Liverpool in the quarter-finals of the FA Youth Cup.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Game is about to start. The Lineup is:

Ejeheri
Norton-Cuffy Kirk Monlouis Ogungbo
Henry-Francis Azeez
Butler-Oyedeji Flores Taylor-Hart
Edwards
Big news is that Hutchinson is either hurt or otherwise unavailable. That's a loss.

I'm very nervous about this game, Liverpool are really good this season. That said, I think we can trouble them, but Hutchinson is definitely a big miss. Butler-Oyedeji should be somewhat able to deal in his absence.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Dominated them for 20 mins and they score first ffs.

This Butler lad isn’t close to Hutchinson, missing him big time. Henry-Francis looks a very good player, not noticing Patino’s absence at all.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

2-0 and probably game over.

Think Flores, Butler and Edwards have been pretty disappointing.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Interesting game but 2-0 flatters Liverpool greatly. Impressive team but we've matched them everywhere but the final 3rd. In fact, I think we've played the better football to be honest, but 2 lapses were punished entirely.

So far been very impressed with Ejeheri, Henry-Francis and Norton-Cuffy as usual - both been sharp and the former is moving the ball around extremely well. Think the CBs have had good moments but both were poor on the goals, particularly Monlouis. Won't get onto them too much but that's an area they have to work on - both strong in 1v1 duels but struggle dealing with balls into the box. Not proactive enough.

Taylor-Hart has been our best attacker, and looks the most likely to make things happen. Edwards not really been in the game and Butler-Oyedeji has been OK but you can tell he isn't as good as Hutchinson. Azeez has been OK, taken a while to get going but outside of the pen, he's been fine. I'd like to see more of him though, needs to drop in next to Henry-Francis and do more there from time to time.

Flores hasn't been very good, looks ineffective and hasn't had many good touches. He's worked hard though and defended really well.

Have to say the Azeez pen was REALLY soft, can't believe it was given.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Interesting game but 2-0 flatters Liverpool greatly. Impressive team but we've matched them everywhere but the final 3rd. In fact, I think we've played the better football to be honest, but 2 lapses were punished entirely.

So far been very impressed with Ejeheri, Henry-Francis and Norton-Cuffy as usual - both been sharp and the former is moving the ball around extremely well. Think the CBs have had good moments but both were poor on the goals, particularly Monlouis. Won't get onto them too much but that's an area they have to work on - both strong in 1v1 duels but struggle dealing with balls into the box. Not proactive enough.

Taylor-Hart has been our best attacker, and looks the most likely to make things happen. Edwards not really been in the game and Butler-Oyedeji has been OK but you can tell he isn't as good as Hutchinson. Azeez has been OK, taken a while to get going but outside of the pen, he's been fine. I'd like to see more of him though, needs to drop in next to Henry-Francis and do more there from time to time.

Flores hasn't been very good, looks ineffective and hasn't had many good touches. He's worked hard though and defended really well.

Have to say the Azeez pen was REALLY soft, can't believe it was given.
Mad to think we have two England youth internationals in Patino and Sweet missing. Henry-Francis is very good.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Mad to think we have two England youth internationals in Patino and Sweet missing. Henry-Francis is very good.
Yeah, we are stacked very well in midfield. Henry-Francis wasn't talked about as much as Sweet or Bandeira but has done really well when played.

I think the attack has been quite poor today, they've really let us down more than the defenders have. Outside of the goals, the defenders have acquitted themselves quite well against arguably the best attacking U18 team. Taylor-Hart aside, we haven't looked threatening enough. I'd consider replacing Edwards with the new kid Amani Richards to add something different. Maybe Ideho for Butler-Oyedeji.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Yeah, we are stacked very well in midfield. Henry-Francis wasn't talked about as much as Sweet or Bandeira but has done really well when played.

I think the attack has been quite poor today, they've really let us down more than the defenders have. Outside of the goals, the defenders have acquitted themselves quite well against arguably the best attacking U18 team. Taylor-Hart aside, we haven't looked threatening enough. I'd consider replacing Edwards with the new kid Amani Richards to add something different. Maybe Ideho for Butler-Oyedeji.
Arguably missing our two best players in Hutchinson and Patino to be fair, Flores looks lost without Omari on the right.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

That’s poor from Kirk backing off.

Turned it off now, one of those days where they score with every attack.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Disappointing result. We played a lot better than I expected but we were not as ruthless as Liverpool sadly. A lot to be encouraged by but a difficult defeat to swallow given we played well the whole game.

Top Bottom