• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Under-18s Thread

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Yeah, been impressed with some of the performers so far. Ibrahim looks very composed, and Jeffcott and Walters were pretty good. Ideho and Butler-Oyedeji have had good moments aswell.

Perfect #9 performance from Amani Richards so far, just needs a goal now, could have had one. Great movement, direct dribbling, very quick and technically sound. Really impressed - he'll be playing U23 football in no time.
First time watching Jeffcott, looks an interesting talent at LB. Looks a good size.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
First time watching Jeffcott, looks an interesting talent at LB. Looks a good size.
Yeah, was under the impression he was a CB but he looks comfortable outwide and smart in possession. Definitely one to watch, as we really need more LBs coming through.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Edu's son plays a lot like him :lol:. He's slightly better than I expected to be fair to him.

Aston Villa are level and they really don't deserve to be :lol:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
3-2 to Arsenal now. Cozier-Duberry scores, he's been impressive since he's come on. First goal at this level.

Richards with a fantastic touch in the build up and played it to Ideho.

oh to be a goon

Ideho got the 4th, Richards (finally) with the 5th. Great performance.

Standouts were #9 Richards, #8 Ibrahim, Cozier-Duberry #14, Ideho & Sagoe Jnr. Decent performances from the back 4 too, but the front line dominated today along with Ibrahim.

Amani Richards easy MOTM. Perfect #9 performance.
Has Richards scored in every game since he's joined so far?

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Ideho got the 4th, Richards (finally) with the 5th. Great performance.

Standouts were #9 Richards, #8 Ibrahim, Cozier-Duberry #14, Ideho & Sagoe Jnr. Decent performances from the back 4 too, but the front line dominated today along with Ibrahim.

Amani Richards easy MOTM. Perfect #9 performance.

How did Sagoe Jnr look?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
How did Sagoe Jnr look?
Started well and got better as the game went on. Dangerous dribbling, great agility and very hard to get off the ball. A bit overshadowed by Richards, Ideho and then Cozier-Duberry though, they looked a bit more assured but Sagoe Jnr definitely showed he's good enough for a starting berth for U18s.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

These are the highlights for the 5-2 win vs Aston Villa.

For the full game, the broadcast should still be available on Twitch

Check out the full game here. My thoughts on it:

This was a relatively new side that did very well against Villa. Awe and Foran were mostly untroubled save for a 2nd half flurry from Villa that saw them score 2. The full-backs also did a very good job offensively and defensively, and the midfield of Ibrahim and Gaspar did a good job of moving the ball forward. Ibrahim especially was impressive, physically strong and technically very capable. I liked the way he shielded the ball.

For me, this game was all about the attackers, particularly Amani Richards. He was very direct, and showed not just skill but technical quality in his use of the ball. Joel Ideho had a similar impactful performance and showed excellent dribbling and technical skill in almost equal measure. Amario Cozier-Duberry and Charles Sagoe Jnr were also impressive and looked very similar to Ideho strangely.

Could be a better team than previously thought next year, especially with Richards staking a claim for replacing Balogun at that level.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka

These are the highlights for the 5-2 win vs Aston Villa.

For the full game, the broadcast should still be available on Twitch

Check out the full game here. My thoughts on it:

This was a relatively new side that did very well against Villa. Awe and Foran were mostly untroubled save for a 2nd half flurry from Villa that saw them score 2. The full-backs also did a very good job offensively and defensively, and the midfield of Ibrahim and Gaspar did a good job of moving the ball forward. Ibrahim especially was impressive, physically strong and technically very capable. I liked the way he shielded the ball.

For me, this game was all about the attackers, particularly Amani Richards. He was very direct, and showed not just skill but technical quality in his use of the ball. Joel Ideho had a similar impactful performance and showed excellent dribbling and technical skill in almost equal measure. Amario Cozier-Duberry and Charles Sagoe Jnr were also impressive and looked very similar to Ideho strangely.

Could be a better team than previously thought next year, especially with Richards staking a claim for replacing Balogun at that level.

Just watched the whole thing. You're right, number 7, 11 and 14 all look very similar lol. Ideho looks a bit more physically developed than Sagoe and Duberry. I think Duberry is even smaller than Sagoe. Both Duberry and Ideho look a bit more explosive, but Sagoe is just so agile and nimble. Zach Awe looked very composed for the most part, really like his technique and size. Monlouis still has a ways to go, but I think he has the highest ceiling out of all the young CBs. Amani Richards def looks smooth and confident, gives me some Nelson vibes at U18 level.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

What’s the likely u18 lineup for next season? @MutableEarth

Patino and Sweet have missed a lot so might stay at this level? Henry-Francis has really impressed.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Just watched the whole thing. You're right, number 7, 11 and 14 all look very similar lol. Ideho looks a bit more physically developed than Sagoe and Duberry. I think Duberry is even smaller than Sagoe. Both Duberry and Ideho look a bit more explosive, but Sagoe is just so agile and nimble. Zach Awe looked very composed for the most part, really like his technique and size. Monlouis still has a ways to go, but I think he has the highest ceiling out of all the young CBs. Amani Richards def looks smooth and confident, gives me some Nelson vibes at U18 level.
Awe is coming into his own I have to say. Always thought he was promising so it's good to see. I'm very intrigued by Cozier-Duberry, seems to have come out of nowhere. Very dangerous little player along with Sagoe Jnr.

I get what you mean with Richards. He seems a lot stronger than Reiss though, but similarly very direct. Definitely think he's in the Balogun mold, need to see more of him in front of goal though. Has 3 goals in 3 starts, which is a good look. Wonder if he usurps Edwards in time. More likely he'll play wide with Edwards at #9.

What’s the likely u18 lineup for next season? @MutableEarth

Patino and Sweet have missed a lot so might stay at this level? Henry-Francis has really impressed.
Patino will probably go to the U23s more often than not so I can see it being Bandeira-Sweet in midfield, or Bandeira/Henry-Francis. Sweet might play as the #10 or if they're slow to move Hutchinson up it'll be him.

I can see them doing something like this:

Mitchell
Walters Awe Foran Jeffcott
Bandeira Henry-Francis
Sagoe Jnr Sweet Richards
Edwards

Then later on in the season:

Mitchell
Walters Awe Foran Quamina
Ibrahim Henry-Francis
Green Sagoe Jnr Cozier-Duberry
Richards
I'm speculating of course that it could be this. From the scholars available, and depending on U23 call-ups, I think that lineup is pretty set. Think we'll see a lot of players like Ibrahim, Cozier-Duberry and Quamina. Awe and Foran will pretty much be the mainstay pairing. Walters did well in the game vs Villa. I think the guys we've signed this season like Kaleel Green and Amani Richards will be mainstays. Richards should ideally get some U23 minutes but I think guys like Edwards and co will get the heads up before him. Sagoe Jnr will be a regular this season IMO.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom