• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Under-18s Thread

Afro Mugo

Chelsea have a player equally highly rated, in the same age group called Zain Silcott-Duberry . It would be interesting to know whether they are related.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Finished fourth in the table. Considering the injuries at times it’s a good finish. Think they were unlucky in the youth cup as well, to be without your two best players in Patino and Hutchinson is pure bad luck.

I’m excited to see these lads play more for the u23s next season, particularly Norton-Cuffy, Patino and Hutchinson who all have big chances of making it here IMO.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Finished fourth in the table. Considering the injuries at times it’s a good finish. Think they were unlucky in the youth cup as well, to be without your two best players in Patino and Hutchinson is pure bad luck.

I’m excited to see these lads play more for the u23s next season, particularly Norton-Cuffy, Patino and Hutchinson who all have big chances of making it here IMO.
Yeah - some of the more difficult results came during a time when the team were less settled. Also, there are some good teams outside of Arsenal and Chelsea now. Palace I believe are the winners of the PL South, and they've been excellent this year.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Yeah - some of the more difficult results came during a time when the team were less settled. Also, there are some good teams outside of Arsenal and Chelsea now. Palace I believe are the winners of the PL South, and they've been excellent this year.
Fulham were the PL South winners on goal difference with Palace 2nd. Brighton 3rd, 5 points above us. Interesting!

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Fulham were the PL South winners on goal difference with Palace 2nd. Brighton 3rd, 5 points above us. Interesting!
Fulham have won the last two, even though last years was scrapped due to the pandemic. They had an 18 year old score today for the first team. The 02s and 03s are starting to break through. Good for England.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Fulham have won the last two, even though last years was scrapped due to the pandemic. They had an 18 year old score today for the first team. The 02s and 03s are starting to break through. Good for England.
Yep. Another very strong batch that need a bit of guidance and opportunity. Just hope we do something with our 02s and 03s (and beyond). Haven't heard much about our 04s before recently but they look decent aswell.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Is Gillard stepping up to the U23s in Bould's place?
Didn't seem to be made clear but that looks like a possibility. I think that might be a better spot for Gillard - hasn't always made the most of the attack he's had at his disposal but he's done stellar work with our young defensive talents, notably Norton-Cuffy. We'll see a slightly more balanced and organized U18 team. I'm quite intrigued to see what Micciche does with the U18 team though, that'll be hugely interesting.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Here we go: the new scholars for next season. Set to be confirmed by Arsenal, and there may be some extra names in there by the time the contracts are signed next week!

Arsenal’s new scholarship intake will officially sign their contracts next Tuesday, with 13 players having progressed to full time training at London Colney.

Here’s an assessment of each of the prospects, with Dan Micciche to coach the side having stepped up from the U15s.

AMARIO COZIER-DUBERRY

An exciting, skilful player who can play as an attacking midfielder or out wide, Cozier-Duberry broke into the U18 squad towards the end of last season. The England youth international is a frequent source of creativity and while he is rather raw, he has much potential.

HENRY TIMI DAVIES

Another midfielder, Arsenal signed Davies from Manchester City earlier this year. A player who is tactically aware, he is also very skilful. Davies mainly plays in central midfield but pushes forward at times.

JIMI GOWER

A product of Arsenal’s Hale End academy who has made good progress in recent years, Gower scored on his debut for Arsenal U18s against Reading. A neat passer of the ball, he is also very committed.

KALEEL GREEN

Signed from Southampton this year, Green featured fleetingly for Arsenal U18s towards the end of the season. The youngster can play out wide or up front and is known for his flair. Green certainly has the potential to be one of the standout players in this group.

BRADLEY IBRAHIM

Signed from QPR as a schoolboy, Ibrahim has been highly regarded for several years and produced some encouraging performances for Arsenal U18s towards the end of the campaign, providing two assists in four games. Effective at winning the ball back and distributing it to his team-mates, big things are expected of Ibrahim.

ALEX KOVACEVIC

A reliable goalkeeper who has been with the club for several years, Kovacevic was the first member of this group to be called up to the U18 squad when he was named on the bench against Leicester City in 2019. Kovacevic made his debut against Reading and will provide backup for Remy Mitchell this season.

ISMAIL OULAD M’HAND

The brother of young professional Salah-Eddine, Ismail also joined Arsenal from Feyenoord. The youngster, who is eligible to play for Holland or Morocco, is a central midfielder who is composed in possession.

TINO QUAMINA

A Hale End product who mainly plays at left-back, Quamina made a couple of appearances for the U18s towards the end of last season. Also capable of playing at centre-back, the prospect, who needs to work on his positioning, is eligible to play for Trinidad & Tobago.

ELIAN QUESADA-THORN

Another player with much potential, Quesada-Thorn impressed for the U16s last season and was then called up to the U18s as the campaign progressed. Skilful and a good crosser, the youngster is mainly a winger but can also play at left-back. He is of Costa Rican descent.

AMANI RICHARDS

Arguably the standout player in this group, Richards, a skilful attacker, has already made a significant impact since joining from Chelsea last season. The youngster became the first schoolboy to play for Arsenal U23s since 2015 and also featured in the FA Youth Cup as well as making an impact for the U18s. Capable of playing up front or out wide, he makes very intelligent runs. Richards is also an England youth international.

MATHAEUS ROBERTS

Talented Welsh youth international Roberts provided an assist on his debut for Arsenal U18s against Reading last season. Another player with much creative flair, he will hope to make a major impact at London Colney.

JOSH ROBINSON

A Hale End-produced centre-back who filled in for the U18s at times towards the end of last season, Robinson will hope for plenty of further opportunities in his first season as a scholar.

REUELL WALTERS

A right-back who was previously at Tottenham Hotspur, Walters is eligible to play for England, Germany or Jamaica. Walters is reliable defensively but also relishes pushing forward and showed some encouraging signs in his outings for the U18s last season.

Much better batch than expected. Richards, Ibrahim, Cozier-Duberry are the main 3 that could be money. Interested to see the others too. Kaleel Green sounds exciting, and sounds like we might have 2 left backs in this intake!! Also, Davies is meant to be good.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Here we go: the new scholars for next season. Set to be confirmed by Arsenal, and there may be some extra names in there by the time the contracts are signed next week!

Much better batch than expected. Richards, Ibrahim, Cozier-Duberry are the main 3 that could be money. Interested to see the others too. Kaleel Green sounds exciting, and sounds like we might have 2 left backs in this intake!! Also, Davies is meant to be good.
While I know nothing of them, I assume a lot of credit for this is on Per, correct?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
While I know nothing of them, I assume a lot of credit for this is on Per, correct?
Largely him and Lee Herron. The intake would have been decent but not as good as the last one - but the recruitment over the course of last season has been very promising. Amani Richards is a HUGE pick-up from Chelsea, he looks a top talent. Walters looked impressive in his game for the U18s also. Davies has looked very good from the little I've seen and Salah-Eddine's brother is meant to be very talented also.

oh to be a goon

Walters looks like Gnabry's younger brother

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

...couple questions here @MutableEarth

Is this guy any good?

And why is he listed as 17, when he is clearly 55?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

...couple questions here @MutableEarth

Is this guy any good?

And why is he listed as 17, when he is clearly 55?
Ah, Taylor Foran. Was funny seeing him have to go in goal on his U23 debut because he had an excellent game as a goalie :lol:

He's actually quite highly rated, has a lot of leadership qualities and is quite dominant in the air. Most times I've seen him play he's looked decent and quite combative. Pretty similar to Mark McGuinness, who just left.

Will have a tough time making it ultimately IMO, mostly due to the fact we have a million CBs ahead of him, and he is coming up at a time where the other CBs in his intake (Zane Monlouis and Zach Awe) are rated just as highly as him, if not higher - particularly in the case of Monlouis who's already an U23 regular.

Foran and Awe will most likely be the U18 pairing this season - both lads are tall and commanding, but Awe is very comfy on the ball. Foran is a bit more like Ballard - old school, gets stuck in, organises etc. Will be interesting to see how he progresses, particularly with the amount of competition around him.

EDIT: as for the other question, he's just one of those lads who looks like he was born a 30 year old man :lol:. A fantastic trait for a CB to have, I'm sure you'll agree!

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Cozier-Duberry - I see we continue our trend with hyphenated surnames. Surely the commercial department approves.
And Quesada-Thorn!

Amario Cozier-Duberry is pretty talented from what I've seen. From the Nelson-Saka-Amaechi-Taylor-Hart pipeline of quick, technical attackers who play wide. Scored a neat goal vs Villa.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom