• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Under-18s Thread

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

And Quesada-Thorn!

Amario Cozier-Duberry is pretty talented from what I've seen. From the Nelson-Saka-Amaechi-Taylor-Hart pipeline of quick, technical attackers who play wide. Scored a neat goal vs Villa.
Only downside is that their erstwhile young colleagues will refer to them as Que and Coz...sort of takes the shine off...

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
And Quesada-Thorn!

Amario Cozier-Duberry is pretty talented from what I've seen. From the Nelson-Saka-Amaechi-Taylor-Hart pipeline of quick, technical attackers who play wide. Scored a neat goal vs Villa.

Liked what I saw from Cozier-Duberry in that Aston villa game that was posted. Looks very small, but quick, creative and direct. Seems to have good end product too, I can see him getting a ton of assists.

Don't know if I see Amaechi in him though. Amaechi always gave me Oxlade Chamberlain vibes. Super athlete, very direct, but not a lot of guile to his play. But was def fun to watch and had highest physical ceiling when comparing him to Saka and Nelson.

Taylor-Hart gives me a bit of Chris Willock vibes with how easy he makes dribbling look, just glides across the pitch, quick feet in tight spaces. Everything he does looks smooth. Would be really disappointing to lose him.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Liked what I saw from Cozier-Duberry in that Aston villa game that was posted. Looks very small, but quick, creative and direct. Seems to have good end product too, I can see him getting a ton of assists.

Don't know if I see Amaechi in him though. Amaechi always gave me Oxlade Chamberlain vibes. Super athlete, very direct, but not a lot of guile to his play. But was def fun to watch and had highest physical ceiling when comparing him to Saka and Nelson.

Taylor-Hart gives me a bit of Chris Willock vibes with how easy he makes dribbling look, just glides across the pitch, quick feet in tight spaces. Everything he does looks smooth. Would be really disappointing to lose him.
Amaechi was definitely the blunt instrument in the pipeline but he was my favorite at one point, and he did have good close control for a player with his qualities. I hope it picks up for him again, he's really talented.

Agree on Taylor-Hart, Chris WIllock is a great comparison - difference I'd say is that Taylor-Hart has a cleaner strike with more conviction.

Cozier-Duberry looks like a player who makes good decisions, that'll carry him far IMO. Excited to see him as well as others in the U18s this season, especially with Micciche managing them. Might be one of the things I'm most looking forward to next season, strangely.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Bought a stream pass for £3 to watch U18s first preseason game vs Chelmsford while I'm teaching a theory class.

So far looks decent. 2-0 - Edwards with a penalty. I'm really impressed with Sagoe Jnr and the new player Kaleel Green. Green scored the 2nd goal and won the pen. His goal was very impressive, a really powerful shot from an angle, looks like it flew in at the near post. I'll be a bit more detailed after the game as I'm getting ready to teach another class.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Bought a stream pass for £3 to watch U18s first preseason game vs Chelmsford while I'm teaching a theory class.

So far looks decent. 2-0 - Edwards with a penalty. I'm really impressed with Sagoe Jnr and the new player Kaleel Green. Green scored the 2nd goal and won the pen. His goal was very impressive, a really powerful shot from an angle, looks like it flew in at the near post. I'll be a bit more detailed after the game as I'm getting ready to teach another class.
Ended 4-0. Jimi Gower with a brace in the 2nd half. Looks like a dangerous player who'll come in under the radar. I liked Henry Timi Davies, got a big frame, quick and very direct. Both Davies and Richards did a good job of putting the opposition under pressure and looked sharp. The RB Reuell Walters also got forward a lot and was impressive. Good to see Bandeira back aswell.

Proper preseason game this, was very slow in tempo.

Afro Mugo

Not to cause any concern because there's a lot of good happening in Hale End but it seems youngsters are getting a bit impatient and are looking for better pathways. Harrison Parker is a highly rated CB ; England youth international, as highly rated as Awe and Monlouis. He seems set to leave the club to look for a better pathway where he can be fast tracked. There's another one who left recently but can't remember the name.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Not to cause any concern because there's a lot of good happening in Hale End but it seems youngsters are getting a bit impatient and are looking for better pathways. Harrison Parker is a highly rated CB ; England youth international, as highly rated as Awe and Monlouis. He seems set to leave the club to look for a better pathway where he can be fast tracked. There's another one who left recently but can't remember the name.
That'll happen tbh. We're losing a few here and there - it's happening across England. These kids want to play, and soon. I don't really blame them, even though I think it's a little hasty. We just have to be diligent about providing pathways for the ones who have the quality. Having both Awe and Monlouis (along with likes of Foran who's also rated) means it will be difficult for Parker even if he's as good/rated as them. Let's just hope we can retain as much as possible. Think for defenders right now we're very strong (we're strong almost everywhere at the moment really). I think the two schoolboys that debuted last year may be tricky ones to keep. I think Nwaneri and Lewis(?).

Afro Mugo

That'll happen tbh. We're losing a few here and there - it's happening across England. These kids want to play, and soon. I don't really blame them, even though I think it's a little hasty. We just have to be diligent about providing pathways for the ones who have the quality. Having both Awe and Monlouis (along with likes of Foran who's also rated) means it will be difficult for Parker even if he's as good/rated as them. Let's just hope we can retain as much as possible. Think for defenders right now we're very strong (we're strong almost everywhere at the moment really). I think the two schoolboys that debuted last year may be tricky ones to keep. I think Nwaneri and Lewis(?).
I'm just looking at the Bate Livramento Symeu situation happening at Chelsea, who are all leaving because of Gilmour, James and Colwill respectively and I know it's soon coming to us. Talents of almost similar potential playing in a similar position within the same age range can't be developed at the same time. We are stacked with players across age groups and unless one is a super talent like Saka it's going to be very difficult to keep for long. I'm almost certain one of Azeez and Patino won't be here for long because it will be impossible to develop both and as much as I like him , I suspect it's Azeez who won't be here because Patino is very highly rated. Same goes to Hutchinson and Flores just as it happened with Oyegoke and Norton-Cuffy. In hindsight, Musah made the right decision. The positive about Nwaneri and Lewis-Skelly , they appear to be in the Saka mould of talent and they might be fast tracked ahead of others so it's the likes of Ibrahim and Cozier Duberry who might leave at some point

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I'm just looking at the Bate Livramento Symeu situation happening at Chelsea, who are all leaving because of Gilmour, James and Colwill respectively and I know it's soon coming to us. Talents of almost similar potential playing in a similar position within the same age range can't be developed at the same time. We are stacked with players across age groups and unless one is a super talent like Saka it's going to be very difficult to keep for long. I'm almost certain one of Azeez and Patino won't be here for long because it will be impossible to develop both and as much as I like him , I suspect it's Azeez who won't be here because Patino is very highly rated. Same goes to Hutchinson and Flores just as it happened with Oyegoke and Norton-Cuffy. In hindsight, Musah made the right decision. The positive about Nwaneri and Lewis-Skelly , they appear to be in the Saka mould of talent and they might be fast tracked ahead of others so it's the likes of Ibrahim and Cozier Duberry who might leave at some point
I think there's a chance we keep both Azeez and Patino but it would require us to be somewhat clever about it. Issue is if they're both developed as 6s, then we might have to lose one. I agree, they really seem to take to Patino while Azeez - despite being very highly rated - doesn't seem to get the kind of reverence you'd expect a player of his quality to get. It really depends on how any of them acclimatise once given the spot. I think we'll lose Flores at some point, I'm quite sure about that. He's talented but you'd imagine they'll opt for Hutchinson due to him being less individualistic as a player.

I'd be cautious on forecasting regarding the current U18s - a lot of things can change and they seem to be a lot better than previously thought. I'm quite excited to see what happens with them, particularly someone like Cozier-Duberry.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

That is something that is a bit crappy with being out of Europe. Had we been in the Kazakhstan Camel Cup, we could at least have given an opportunity to the younger players. Now there won't be many games to go around.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
That is something that is a bit crappy with being out of Europe. Had we been in the Kazakhstan Camel Cup, we could at least have given an opportunity to the younger players. Now there won't be many games to go around.
True, although it's still a bit tricky factoring in the current scholars in the U18s. We are STACKED and have been since 2019. Last year's intake was one of our biggest (and best) in a long time, and this years is deceptively strong. We're gonna have to be prepared to lose a good chunk of them, and we'll have to do so skilfully (the right loans, the right situation to succeed, the right sale). Even the non-Hale End signings are top class - Amani Richards for example could be the heir to Balogun (who could arguably be the best CF we have produced if he does the business!).

Even with Europe, keeping all of them would be a task. As @Afro Mugo rightly pointed out, likes of Cozier-Duberry, Flores, even lay-ups like Azeez, John-Jules etc. They could all eventually leave. It's sounds crazy to even conceive of Azeez not making it here, but with Reiss Nelson struggling, I don't put it past anyone to fail here. There's too much talent now, and the competition is tough.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
We really need to forge some links with clubs for loans. It's too much hit and hope at the moment.
Agree. Problem is it's tough to do that with teams in the Football League. The lower leagues in other countries are happier to do those types of things for the "good" for the top flight in their countries. The Football League is the complete opposite of this, the competition has a pretty frosty relationship with the PL in general and will want to put themselves first before the PL teams.

Our best bet is finding a foreign team to forge those types of links with, and honestly it's the kind of thing we should have done way sooner. Jonker tried to link us with VVV in the Dutch 2nd division for example but it was too low a level IMO.

Afro Mugo

True, although it's still a bit tricky factoring in the current scholars in the U18s. We are STACKED and have been since 2019. Last year's intake was one of our biggest (and best) in a long time, and this years is deceptively strong. We're gonna have to be prepared to lose a good chunk of them, and we'll have to do so skilfully (the right loans, the right situation to succeed, the right sale). Even the non-Hale End signings are top class - Amani Richards for example could be the heir to Balogun (who could arguably be the best CF we have produced if he does the business!).

Even with Europe, keeping all of them would be a task. As @Afro Mugo rightly pointed out, likes of Cozier-Duberry, Flores, even lay-ups like Azeez, John-Jules etc. They could all eventually leave. It's sounds crazy to even conceive of Azeez not making it here, but with Reiss Nelson struggling, I don't put it past anyone to fail here. There's too much talent now, and the competition is tough.
Reiss Nelson not making it also spooked me. It just showed me how thin the lines are between making it or not. One injury/change of manager/wrong move and it changes everything. I am not too worried because I think we will always keep the best talents the Saka and the ESR but it is the 50-50s who need slightly more time and patience to get it together who we will lose and one or two might haunt us later. In the current scenario, one of Reiss or Joe. Having said all that ; I'm intrigued by Jack Henry Francis. I knew him for his defensive capabilities as I know he admires Kante and unfortunately comes from a Chelsea supporting family . I never knew how good and confident he is on the ball. He can ping passes neatly with both feet and seems like a mix of Matt Smith and Robbie Burton . Arteta seems to like him. He could have taken any other player in the absence of Azeez and Patino . I will follow him keenly this season. He might be one of those that benefit from having no hype around them .

Jack_The_Lad

Reiss Nelson not making it also spooked me. It just showed me how thin the lines are between making it or not. One injury/change of manager/wrong move and it changes everything. I am not too worried because I think we will always keep the best talents the Saka and the ESR but it is the 50-50s who need slightly more time and patience to get it together who we will lose and one or two might haunt us later. In the current scenario, one of Reiss or Joe. Having said all that ; I'm intrigued by Jack Henry Francis. I knew him for his defensive capabilities as I know he admires Kante and unfortunately comes from a Chelsea supporting family . I never knew how good and confident he is on the ball. He can ping passes neatly with both feet and seems like a mix of Matt Smith and Robbie Burton . Arteta seems to like him. He could have taken any other player in the absence of Azeez and Patino . I will follow him keenly this season. He might be one of those that benefit from having no hype around them .
Francis stood out to me in that cup game against west ham. Looked class.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
WRT Henry-Francis: He's the only one left who had U23 experience in fairness. I don't think Bandeira has played for them yet and he's just come back from injury. So he was really the only other option left. That said, I think he deserved it, he's played very well whenever called upon and has not looked overawed or out of place at any point whenever I've seen him. Seems an adaptable lad and steely despite his technical quality. That'll stand him in very good stead.

There are a lot of really intriguing prospects coming up at the moment. It will be highly intriguing to see which ones make it. Of the non-Hale Enders, I'm extremely excited by how good Amani Richards could be, so I'd be interested to see how he does in the next couple of years.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Cozier-Duberry came out of nowhere a bit, no? I remember watching some highlights from one of the U16 cup tournaments and Bradley Ibrahim, the very small boy who's moved on (forget his name), Quesada-Thorn, Michael Rosiak, and Sydney Peck looked like the interesting prospects. Cozier-Duberry didn't even feature in those cups but he looks like a real prospect!

How's Sydney Peck coming on, by the way? I thought he and Bradley Ibrahim would turn out to be the two real big prospects from that class.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Cozier-Duberry came out of nowhere a bit, no? I remember watching some highlights from one of the U16 cup tournaments and Bradley Ibrahim, the very small boy who's moved on (forget his name), Quesada-Thorn, Michael Rosiak, and Sydney Peck looked like the interesting prospects. Cozier-Duberry didn't even feature in those cups but he looks like a real prospect!

How's Sydney Peck coming on, by the way? I thought he and Bradley Ibrahim would turn out to be the two real big prospects from that class.
Not sure how long Cozier-Duberry has been with the club tbf.

Sydie Peck left the club recently, I can't remember who he joined.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom