• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Under-18s Thread

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Some impressive stuff, particularly from likes of Sagoe Jr, Sweet, Cozier-Duberry and Edwards. It's clear that some of those names could be playing more U23 football. Quite like Ibrahim aswell, going under the radar but a very solid young player.

Some impressive stuff, particularly from likes of Sagoe Jr, Sweet, Cozier-Duberry and Edwards. It's clear that some of those names could be playing more U23 football. Quite like Ibrahim aswell, going under the radar but a very solid young player.

Yeah, you don't beat Chelsea u18 like that unless we have a very good group of players! What is the advantage of this group of players? Their individual talents seem very high, but are we also more physical and tactical than in recent times, or what when we compare against Chelsea?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Yeah, you don't beat Chelsea u18 like that unless we have a very good group of players! What is the advantage of this group of players? Their individual talents seem very high, but are we also more physical and tactical than in recent times, or what when we compare against Chelsea?
It's a combo to be honest - Chelsea's current group isn't as strong this time around and they have younger players in the set-up. That said, this same team beat us only a couple months ago so I'd imagine there's less between us than this scoreline suggests. What was helpful for us was having guys like Foran in defence as well as a combo of Edwards, Sagoe Jr and Cozier-Duberry all firing at once. Quesada-Thorn's return and Ibrahim playing his way into good form also helped.

Tom349

No talk of Richards leaving on here, wasn't get much opportunity so not too surprising even if he had only been here for a bit over half a season. Whats the collective opinion, will we live to regret it or is someone like Edwards or Bireth the real talent worthy of the investment.

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
No talk of Richards leaving on here, wasn't get much opportunity so not too surprising even if he had only been here for a bit over half a season. Whats the collective opinion, will we live to regret it or is someone like Edwards or Bireth the real talent worthy of the investment.
The unfortunate thing is Khayon Edwards hasn't even signed a professional contract. I imagine his camp is waiting to see what his pathway to the first team looks like. Aubameyang is gone. Lacazette and Nketiah are both likely to go in the summer.

It is interesting to see what Arsenal's striking options at each level look like next summer.

First team - Balogun, ???
U23 - Edwards, Green
U18 - Benjamin, @MutableEarth who else do you think will step up?

I'm unsure what's happening with Nketiah. If he signed a new contract, come summer he will be our first team's starting cf. If he leaves then it's only Balogun. I don't think TJJ will be here, I think he'll be loaned again. I hope Biereth will get a loan next summer, love to see him tearing it up somewhere.

Khayon Edwards is 18. Is he prepared to play u23 football next season? And then get loaned out the season after? And then potentially compete for cup competitions the season after that? These ygs seem to want everything - and instantly.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
The unfortunate thing is Khayon Edwards hasn't even signed a professional contract. I imagine his camp is waiting to see what his pathway to the first team looks like. Aubameyang is gone. Lacazette and Nketiah are both likely to go in the summer.

It is interesting to see what Arsenal's striking options at each level look like next summer.

First team - Balogun, ???
U23 - Edwards, Green
U18 - Benjamin, @MutableEarth who else do you think will step up?

I'm unsure what's happening with Nketiah. If he signed a new contract, come summer he will be our first team's starting cf. If he leaves then it's only Balogun. I don't think TJJ will be here, I think he'll be loaned again. I hope Biereth will get a loan next summer, love to see him tearing it up somewhere.

Khayon Edwards is 18. Is he prepared to play u23 football next season? And then get loaned out the season after? And then potentially compete for cup competitions the season after that? These ygs seem to want everything - and instantly.
I think the younger players are starting realise that their stock is much higher than previous years and no longer want to wait around playing PL2 football for years and end up in the non-leagues.

Arsenal's stockpiling at all levels has led to this, and while it's unfortunate - particularly for me as a big fan of Amani Richards in particular - I think this needed to happen somewhat, if only to allow more space for a more streamlined progression and development of future talents. The surplus always meant we were going to lose talents. I was surprised by Richards going so soon, but I'd imagine that the club accepted a bid from Leicester knowing we could afford to lose him despite his level of talent (he wasn't being used by Micciche much) and Richards probably wants to play. He joined us with a huge reputation, and chose to leave Cobham - the best academy in England - to come to us, his favourite club. That he immediately accepted leaving in order to get more regular football is indicative of his ambition and willingness to play. So I'll still be keeping tabs on his career moving forward.

In Edwards' case, I'm actually less worried about this. I think he will stay at Arsenal. His agency is - surprise surprise - the same agency as Balogun, Nketiah, Nelson, Sancho etc etc. As we know, they like to take contracts down the wire and drive interest in order to get better contracts and commitments from clubs. Edwards is no different. With his main competition now gone, however, and Balogun finally on loan, Edwards is now getting more game time for the U23s and I'd imagine his progression is going to improve significantly upon the advent of next season. So I think he will end up signing, but it will be a good contract for sure - not quite 40k a week like Balogun but a GOOD one.

In terms of who steps up in Richards stead now that he's gone, it will probably be Henry Timi Davies or Kaleel Green - who plays wide more often. Edwards will remain the top dog beneath the likes of Balogun and Biereth (who the club seem to rate pretty highly enough that they signed him from Fulham despite the overwhelming amount of CF talent at the club).

In terms of the new scholars, I've had a look at Chido Obi - who recently signed scholarship terms for next year - and he looks pretty deadly and quick. Very much in the Balogun mold. One to watch. There is Omari Benjamin aswell of course. The conveyor belt continues to produce. I'd also be intrigued to see who we recruit in the next 12 months.

Afro Mugo

I think the younger players are starting realise that their stock is much higher than previous years and no longer want to wait around playing PL2 football for years and end up in the non-leagues.

Arsenal's stockpiling at all levels has led to this, and while it's unfortunate - particularly for me as a big fan of Amani Richards in particular - I think this needed to happen somewhat, if only to allow more space for a more streamlined progression and development of future talents. The surplus always meant we were going to lose talents. I was surprised by Richards going so soon, but I'd imagine that the club accepted a bid from Leicester knowing we could afford to lose him despite his level of talent (he wasn't being used by Micciche much) and Richards probably wants to play. He joined us with a huge reputation, and chose to leave Cobham - the best academy in England - to come to us, his favourite club. That he immediately accepted leaving in order to get more regular football is indicative of his ambition and willingness to play. So I'll still be keeping tabs on his career moving forward.

In Edwards' case, I'm actually less worried about this. I think he will stay at Arsenal. His agency is - surprise surprise - the same agency as Balogun, Nketiah, Nelson, Sancho etc etc. As we know, they like to take contracts down the wire and drive interest in order to get better contracts and commitments from clubs. Edwards is no different. With his main competition now gone, however, and Balogun finally on loan, Edwards is now getting more game time for the U23s and I'd imagine his progression is going to improve significantly upon the advent of next season. So I think he will end up signing, but it will be a good contract for sure - not quite 40k a week like Balogun but a GOOD one.

In terms of who steps up in Richards stead now that he's gone, it will probably be Henry Timi Davies or Kaleel Green - who plays wide more often. Edwards will remain the top dog beneath the likes of Balogun and Biereth (who the club seem to rate pretty highly enough that they signed him from Fulham despite the overwhelming amount of CF talent at the club).

In terms of the new scholars, I've had a look at Chido Obi - who recently signed scholarship terms for next year - and he looks pretty deadly and quick. Very much in the Balogun mold. One to watch. There is Omari Benjamin aswell of course. The conveyor belt continues to produce. I'd also be intrigued to see who we recruit in the next 12 months.
You have pretty much said it all. In addition to this, we are starting to see the real effects of the academy restructuring that happened four years ago. I was listening to a podcast by Dan Micciche and he highlighted how their main recruitment goal is to first acquire the best talent around North and East London, where Arsenal is the big dog and thereafter compete with Chelsea in South(hotbed of london talent) and West London.
There's been a lot of movement around junior age groups. With regards to Richards departure, while it is sad to lose him, Omari Benjamin has been really good at u16 level this season and then there is Ethan Nwaneri, who has been called up to England u16 despite still being 14 years old. I think he will be playing for the u18s next season as he currently plays for the u16s. He is the big talent to watch out for. Him and Myles Lewis-Skelly, who is also playing two age groups above as an England u17 international. Per Mertesacker has a huge task to ensure the pathways are clear. We are closing the gap on Chelsea, evident by the fact we are also producing defenders currently.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
14 year old Ethan Nwaneri made his 1st appearance for the U18s this season and was heavily involved as he set up 2 goals for Matheus Roberts on his first U18s start aswell this season.

We beat Reading 4-2. Foran and Edwards (again) got the other goals. Edwards has 21 goals this season.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
14 year old Ethan Nwaneri made his 1st appearance for the U18s this season and was heavily involved as he set up 2 goals for Matheus Roberts on his first U18s start aswell this season.

We beat Reading 4-2. Foran and Edwards (again) got the other goals. Edwards has 21 goals this season.

Here's the highlights.

Nwaneri looks a serious prospect for a 14 year old. Looks like we have another 2 potentially special schoolboys in Nwaneri and Lewis-Skelly for sure. Interesting to see what happens with the latter, as I've been extremely impressed with the very little I've seen of him.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son

Both Nwaneri and Lewis-Skelly have received a lot of hype in youth circles as much as I recall.

Will be interesting to follow their development.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Both Nwaneri and Lewis-Skelly have received a lot of hype in youth circles as much as I recall.

Will be interesting to follow their development.
Nwaneri started again today and scored. He's only just turned 15 and has 3 G/A in 3 games. Kind of a big deal - Yunus Musah vibes from this one. Both him and Lewis-Skelly are ones to watch here.

The U18s beat Southampton today 4-2. The aforementioned Nwaneri was one of the scorers. Sagoe Jr, Vigar and Roberts the other scorers. Matheus Roberts interests me, looks a neat little player, really nice technique on him.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Nwaneri started again today and scored. He's only just turned 15 and has 3 G/A in 3 games. Kind of a big deal - Yunus Musah vibes from this one. Both him and Lewis-Skelly are ones to watch here.

The U18s beat Southampton today 4-2. The aforementioned Nwaneri was one of the scorers. Sagoe Jr, Vigar and Roberts the other scorers. Matheus Roberts interests me, looks a neat little player, really nice technique on him.
What´s Nwaneri´s position? Inverted right footed winger?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
So I got a first 45 minute look at Ethan Nwaneri today while watching an academy game that was streaming on some app called Mola. Was against Garuda Select, which seems to be a project team based here but with mostly Indonesian players. They had a couple really talented boys that we're apparently scouting so that was interesting.

Nwaneri is simply brilliant. 15 years old, great spatial awareness, an eye for a nice pass and an eye for goal. He reminds me a lot of Trae Coyle as a schoolboy. Good technician, perhaps with an impetuous nature on and off the ball - tries to force things a little bit but I don't mind that. He looks increasingly like he'll end up playing deeper, perhaps as an 8/10 rather than more of a forward, but you wouldn't know that with the way he spun his man to score our 2nd goal (we won the match 4-1 against a really game Garuda Select team).

Nwaneri is definitely one to watch. He won't even be a scholar next season, he'll still be a schoolboy. Don't be surprised if he plays U23 football next season.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
So I got a first 45 minute look at Ethan Nwaneri today while watching an academy game that was streaming on some app called Mola. Was against Garuda Select, which seems to be a project team based here but with mostly Indonesian players. They had a couple really talented boys that we're apparently scouting so that was interesting.

Nwaneri is simply brilliant. 15 years old, great spatial awareness, an eye for a nice pass and an eye for goal. He reminds me a lot of Trae Coyle as a schoolboy. Good technician, perhaps with an impetuous nature on and off the ball - tries to force things a little bit but I don't mind that. He looks increasingly like he'll end up playing deeper, perhaps as an 8/10 rather than more of a forward, but you wouldn't know that with the way he spun his man to score our 2nd goal (we won the match 4-1 against a really game Garuda Select team).

Nwaneri is definitely one to watch. He won't even be a scholar next season, he'll still be a schoolboy. Don't be surprised if he plays U23 football next season.
Please I don't want to get hyped again only to be hurt lol. Trae Coyle was so well developed physically as a 15 year old. Beautiful first touch and technique. Really loved his style of play. Was Lewis Kelly also playing?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Please I don't want to get hyped again only to be hurt lol. Trae Coyle was so well developed physically as a 15 year old. Beautiful first touch and technique. Really loved his style of play. Was Lewis Kelly also playing?
Lewis-Skelly was on the bench but never came on. Apparently he's been injured according to Jeorge Bird.

There were a couple of other players who looked impressive. We have a new defender from Fulham joining the scholarship intake in the Summer - Maldini Kacurri, an Albanian youth international. He had a pretty tough 1st half but came out in the 2nd and did really well. Matheus Roberts looked quite good. I was also really impressed with Omari Benjamin and Kamarni Ryan who came off the bench. The best player for us today though was Josh Robinson. Was playing at RB and looked incredible.

I myself I'm trying not to get too hyped about Nwaneri - it's way too early in the day to make predictions so I'm not going to. It's not hard to see why he plays so far above his age group though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom