• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Under-18s Thread

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚

Ethan Nwaneri is the truth.

Also I do like Matheus Roberts. Interesting little player. Reminds me of Ramsey.
As an aside, what's Mauro Bandeira doing on the bench for the U18s? Is he coming back from an injury or has he really disappointed this season (lost track of his progress)?

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
As an aside, what's Mauro Bandeira doing on the bench for the U18s? Is he coming back from an injury or has he really disappointed this season (lost track of his progress)?
Prob an injury. Shame cause the guy is talented. Very powerful and athletic, one of the true CDMs we have in the academy with real talent.

Geofranco

Cozier-Duberry again just so good on the ball and Saka like in his decision making.
I honestly believe he would make a good central midfielder. That is where I think he'll be most effective. Although he can do the business as a wide player or even as an attacking fullback. I think his touch is a bit smoother than Saka's too.

Jack_The_Lad

Not exactly the right thread, but Elneny and Xhaka spent the day with the U-14's.

FRTEJzSXEAAT7Gg
Cédric just came for the pic :lol:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Brand new scholars for the following season.

OMARI BENJAMIN

A forward who can also play out wide, Benjamin has represented Wales at youth level and was prolific for Arsenal U16s last season.

LUIS BROWN

The son of former West Ham player Kenny Brown, he possesses excellent leadership qualities and is a dependable performer at centre-back. Brown played for the U18s against Everton last season in the Premier League Cup.

NOAH COOPER

A goalkeeper who was previously at Crystal Palace, Cooper is eligible to represent England or Jamaica.
HARRISON DUDZIAK

A central midfielder who has played for England at U15 level, Dudziak is an impressive passer.

SEB FERDINAND

Ferdinand is a winger who delivers excellent crosses and also poses a goal threat himself. He works very hard off the ball.

ROMARI FORDE

Another winger, Forde joined Arsenal as an U15 player having previously been at Watford for eight years.

ISMEAL KABIA

A skilful winger, Kabia is eligible to play for Sierra Leone or the Netherlands at youth level.

MALDINI KACURRI

A no-nonsense defender who often makes crunching challenges, Kacurri was signed after being let go by Fulham. He is an impressive distributor of the ball.

OSMAN KAMARA

A forward eligible to play for England or Sierra Leone, Kamara can also play out wide.

JOSH NICHOLS

Capable of playing in either full-back berth, Nichols is one of the youngest players in this group and relishes pushing forward.

BRIAN OKONKWO

The younger brother of first-team goalkeeper Arthur, Brian has already been on the bench for the U18s and has impressive reflexes

ALEXEI ROJAS
One of the standout talents in this group, Rojas trained with the first-team as a schoolboy and commands his penalty area very well.

MICHAL ROSIAK

A right-back who can also play in midfield, Rosiak was involved with the U18s last season. He is a Poland youth international.

KAMARNI RYAN

A skilful player who can operate as a winger or a forward, he was signed from Chelsea and has progressed well in the ensuing period.

COBY SMALL

A centre-back who is a product of the Hale send academy, Small reads the game well.

EDIT:
For the rare person wondering why Ethan Nwaneri, Myles Lewis-Skelly and Chidi Obi are not on this list, it's because they're all still schoolboys and will be scholars next season.

Geofranco

Cozier-Duberry way above this level now. Nwaneri with a few decent passes. Like the look of Seb Ferdinand aswell.
Duberry should have done better with some of those attempts. So small, but so powerful, agile and direct. His game reminds me of 12/13 version of Cazorla. Love this prospect. I wonder if Skelly is injured? Nwaneri's technique is so slick.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Cozier Duberry’s guile similar to Saka. Just seems to slip and twist out of difficult spots with the ball. Hopefully he gets a good loan somewhere soon.

Geofranco

Cozier Duberry’s guile similar to Saka. Just seems to slip and twist out of difficult spots with the ball. Hopefully he gets a good loan somewhere soon.
Don't think he is ready for all that. He needs to at least dominate U21 level first. Duberry's touch and control looks a little cleaner than Saka's at that age. Saka really improved his link up play in the first team.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Don't think he is ready for all that. He needs to at least dominate U21 level first. Duberry's touch and control looks a little cleaner than Saka's at that age. Saka really improved his link up play in the first team.
I say that, as he looks fearless to me like Saka. Nothing seems to faze him and his first intention is always how can I move towards goal.

Looks a sensational talent and I feel the best in the academy at this current time (after Patino). Should be fast tracked like Saka was.

Afro Mugo

Duberry should have done better with some of those attempts. So small, but so powerful, agile and direct. His game reminds me of 12/13 version of Cazorla. Love this prospect. I wonder if Skelly is injured? Nwaneri's technique is so slick.
Lewis-Skelly is injured and has had several injury issues so the club is managing him carefully and it seems we will keep both him and Ethan which is really good

Afro Mugo

Saka is a bit like Suarez , in that their technique looks scruffy but is effective whereas Cozier Duberry has such clean technique. Very pleasing to the eye. I see what @MutableEarth raves about. He's actually moved high up my list after watching him this season.

Geofranco

Saka is a bit like Suarez , in that their technique looks scruffy but is effective whereas Cozier Duberry has such clean technique. Very pleasing to the eye. I see what @MutableEarth raves about. He's actually moved high up my list after watching him this season.
Good way to describe Saka's technique, a little rough, but still very effective, sometimes even smooth. I think Martinelli is the same, but he is more explosive than Saka. I have been paying attention to Duberry for a while now. Looked really good last preseason. He scored one goal that was pure class. It's one of those things you watch and you just know the kid is talented. Like you can't teach that.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
It's a funny yet accurate comparison because Suarez' technique is absolutely incredible at times but he has that scrappy aesthetic that a lot of South American players have so it doesn't look as clean as say a more languid European based player.

I would agree that Cozier-Duberry doesn't necessarily need a loan yet but we do need to keep a watchful eye on his development. Last thing we want is him spending all too much time in the U21s. That said, Saka pretty much burst straight into contention without ever having to go on loan. If Cozier-Duberry ends up getting a rare opportunity in the first team, I could see that being an eventuality aswell. I hold out small hope that his cameo happens this season but I doubt it.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Arsenal U18s got their 1st point under Wilshere today as they drew with a strong Fulham team 1-1. Omari Benjamin scored his first goal for the team, assisted by none other than Ethan Nwaneri.

Afro Mugo

It's a funny yet accurate comparison because Suarez' technique is absolutely incredible at times but he has that scrappy aesthetic that a lot of South American players have so it doesn't look as clean as say a more languid European based player.

I would agree that Cozier-Duberry doesn't necessarily need a loan yet but we do need to keep a watchful eye on his development. Last thing we want is him spending all too much time in the U21s. That said, Saka pretty much burst straight into contention without ever having to go on loan. If Cozier-Duberry ends up getting a rare opportunity in the first team, I could see that being an eventuality aswell. I hold out small hope that his cameo happens this season but I doubt it.
The interesting thing is that just like Saka, Duberry is moving under the radar because of the older equally good talents like Patino, Flores , Hutchinson etc getting all the exposure and hype. He produced a midfield masterclass with the whole first team coaching staff watching so I'm hoping he gets his chance too. It's a bit wild though how many of these left footed attacking players we keep on producing. Lol! Him Patino Nwaneri Lewis Skelly and the now departed Hutchinson. I really want to see ACD in midfield, I feel he's a better midfielder than winger but I may be wrong

Afro Mugo

Arsenal U18s got their 1st point under Wilshere today as they drew with a strong Fulham team 1-1. Omari Benjamin scored his first goal for the team, assisted by none other than Ethan Nwaneri.
I knew very little of most of this group aside from Benjamin , Luis Brown and the school boys Nwaneri and Lewis Skelly. I'm very intrigued by how they are playing considering for many they hadn't played a single game before at this level. I'm liking Ferdinand and Rojas.

Top Bottom