• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Under-23s Thread

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Thank **** for that!

Next season we need to trim the fat and use the talented lads rather than the rubbish played this season for various reasons.

Ejeheri
Norton-Cuffy Rekik Monlouis Ogungbo
Patino Bandeira
Hutchinson Cirjan Salah
Moller​

Taylor-Hart if he stays should be loaned out.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Get a coach that know how to use youngsters i know it's development league but youngsters will be depressed fighting for relegation every season.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Get a coach that know how to use youngsters i know it's development league but youngsters will be depressed fighting for relegation every season.
I hope you meant 'fighting to avoid relegation', Yousif

though looking at some of our senior team, you might be right

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
God I hope we retain Taylor-Hart. It would be nice if we could trim the squad and involve players like him, Balogun, and Azeez in LC and FA Cup games next season.

Who is responsible for this cluster **** of a season?

Surely from the academy to first-team Edu has to take the whole blame? Or what is the point in him anyway? The guy has to be sacked and we have to get someone in who can look at all levels of football operation and get the right people in. FFS.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Bould should be managing the first team until Brendan comes in this summer.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
God I hope we retain Taylor-Hart. It would be nice if we could trim the squad and involve players like him, Balogun, and Azeez in LC and FA Cup games next season.

Hart has serious potential. Very slick with his style. Don't know why he hasn't signed up yet. Wonder if the club doesn't rate him as highly as we do on here or maybe he and his team don't see a pathway to breakthrough. So many young wingers in the team fighting for a chance.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
What's the lo-down on Taylor-Hart? He seems like a good height for a winger, a frame that when he grows into it should be quite strong, not quite Ronaldo tall, but tall for most wingers. Are the club trying to sign him to a new contract?

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Just like Nelson, Taylor-Hart is dribbling with minimal motion/minimal leg movements.

I prefer someone with lower centre gravity. Someone dribbling with bigger leg movements to trick the defenders into a completely wrong direction. Like Saint-Maximin for example.

I think Hutchinson is capable of being a more intelligent/better decision making version of Saint-Maximin.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Or just look at Hleb. Can you see how low down he is when he is dribbling. He also make big steps to fool the defenders. Nelson’s/Taylor-Hart’s steps are just too clean.

Or this guy. Again, low hips and big leg movements. Send defenders into the wrong way. Nelson/Taylor-Hart are not that.

Last edited:

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Or just look at Hleb. Can you see how low down he is when he is dribbling. He also make big steps to fool the defenders. Nelson’s/Taylor-Hart’s steps are just too clean.

Or this guy. Again, low hips and big leg movements. Send defenders into the wrong way. Nelson/Taylor-Hart are not that.

Different dribbling styles can be successful. Henry didn't have low center of gravity and wasn't really that tricky on the ball, but he had the long strides, clean footwork and close-control to be very effective as a dribbler, even in tight spaces. Think Taylor-Hart has potential to be a devastating dribbler, especially when he fills out his frame and adds some power to his game. Nelson really doesn't dribble the way he used to at 14/15. He older he got the stiffer he looked. When he was younger, he had an explosiveness to his play. He had incredible close-control, footwork and change of pace.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
What's the lo-down on Taylor-Hart? He seems like a good height for a winger, a frame that when he grows into it should be quite strong, not quite Ronaldo tall, but tall for most wingers. Are the club trying to sign him to a new contract?
There's a contract on the table, he has yet to sign however. There's a LOT of interest in him, particularly from abroad. I hope he doesn't go abroad if only because - as talented as he is - there's no real incentive for those other teams to use him. He only has to have a cursory glance at Xavier Amaechi, a player of similar talent who is now rotting away in Germany's 2nd division and desperately needs to come back to England and kickstart his career.

I think Taylor-Hart should stay at Arsenal for the foreseeable, or at the very least should go to an up and coming Championship team where he'll play first team football. He has the perfect profile, physically and technically, and he has goalscoring potential if he can get his shots off quicker.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Highlights from our last game of the season. Few tidbits:

- Taylor-Hart increasingly becoming a clutch player. Coming up with important goals and assists.
- Henry-Francis got beasted a little bit by the physically stronger West Ham players. Similar issue Smith had.
- Monlouis showing his strengths and his weaknesses in these highlights. Good 1v1 defending on a couple of occasions, loses his man on the first West Ham goal. Thought Kirk didn't look so good either but I like his passing.
- Balogun is very much above this level but we knew that.

Iceman10

Established Member

Highlights from our last game of the season. Few tidbits:

- Taylor-Hart increasingly becoming a clutch player. Coming up with important goals and assists.
- Henry-Francis got beasted a little bit by the physically stronger West Ham players. Similar issue Smith had.
- Monlouis showing his strengths and his weaknesses in these highlights. Good 1v1 defending on a couple of occasions, loses his man on the first West Ham goal. Thought Kirk didn't look so good either but I like his passing.
- Balogun is very much above this level but we knew that.
Do you feel it is quite important to move forwards with someone else instead of Bould at this juncture?

Iceman10

Established Member
Absolutely, but I doubt that will happen. They probably feel he is adequately improving the players he has at his disposal. I'm not convinced but that's probably the thinking.
It's a shame because I do think the results and progression in competitions can play a role in terms of retaining the best talent.

Iceman10

Established Member
Well, well, well. The club has sacked Steve Bould. No disrespect, he's been an immense servant for the club, but he wasn't quite the right man to get the most out of the promising talent we have. Results are important as I see it, for team bonding, memories, and helping to retain the key talent we want to retain. Both ESR and Saka built such memories with a good cup run, for example.

Replacement TBD, appointment to be decided by Per Mertesacker.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom