• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Under-23s Thread

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
We have to make a lot better decisions with him than we did with Nelson who IMO is a similar profile although Hutchinson has covered many more positions through his development but please no LWB with him!
Thankfully full-back is a lot more covered than it was before. Hutchinson should realistically be in contention for RW or #10 if he's gonna play. From next season should be backing up Saka IMO.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Really should have had a first team cameo by now. I wanted him to go on loan - U23 is way too easy for him.
I don't think he needs a loan. He is already technically better than half the team. Only concern is his frame, not height. Santi and Alexis were short, but pretty robust. Omari is quick and shifty, but not like young Theo Walcott blazing speed.

Symbia

I don't think he needs a loan. He is already technically better than half the team. Only concern is his frame, not height. Santi and Alexis were short, but pretty robust. Omari is quick and shifty, but not like young Theo Walcott blazing speed.
Not as fast as young Theo but his games suggest he is far more technical but, I agree, he will struggle with the intensity of the Premier league.

Saka did at first but adjusted let's hope he follow the suit.
I like how he work with the slightest of the spaces. Before his goal he found Azeez how missed the clear chance before he decided to get the solo goal.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
@MutableEarth Is there a reason why Hutchinson isn't involved in the first team. From when you start scoring goals by running from the half way line against the top under 23 teams, it is a clear indicator it is getting too easy.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
@MutableEarth Is there a reason why Hutchinson isn't involved in the first team. From when you start scoring goals by running from the half way line against the top under 23 teams, it is a clear indicator it is getting too easy.
Has he had many training sessions with the first team? I think Arteta won't pick him for a while because he requires each player to know when to run, when to press and understand where to be with and without the ball at all times.

I haven't seen enough of Hutchinson over 90 minutes to know where he is on this scale but I suspect there's a way to go in Arteta's mind.

I was disappointed when he brought Kolasinac on as a winger over him when we were desperate for a goal against Nottingham Forest.

Symbia

Has he had many training sessions with the first team? I think Arteta won't pick him for a while because he requires each player to know when to run, when to press and understand where to be with and without the ball at all times.

I haven't seen enough of Hutchinson over 90 minutes to know where he is on this scale but I suspect there's a way to go in Arteta's mind.

I was disappointed when he brought Kolasinac on as a winger over him when we were desperate for a goal against Nottingham Forest.
Your last paragraph is the required answer, yeah, Arteta is confused.
I might be a football manager in games and a football player in play station but when someone Kola as an attacking option it screams confusion!

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
I really get the feeling he can make a Saka like impact on the first team.

It's too bad that he and Bukayo both play in the same position, though, we've got the same problem we have with Pepe and Saka in that sense. But as @MutableEarth Hutchinson definitely has potential as a 10 too.

We should either find him a very interesting loan abroad next season to a place where he can express himself (Germany, France, perhaps Spain if we can find the right club), or integrate him into the first team as a back-up to Martinelli, Saka, ESR, and Ode.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Your last paragraph is the required answer, yeah, Arteta is confused.
I might be a football manager in games and a football player in play station but when someone Kola as an attacking option it screams confusion!
While negotiating Kolas termination. Not like kola had any future with us

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Some people are comparing Hutchinson to Bernando Silva. I wonder if he could have a role as an interior rather than a wide player. Anybody have any thoughts on this?

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Even with more games next year, provided we get back into Europe, he might struggle for regular football.

A good loan can be priceless at that age.

Symbia

Some people are comparing Hutchinson to Bernando Silva. I wonder if he could have a role as an interior rather than a wide player. Anybody have any thoughts on this?
Don't think it's a good idea.
His pattern of play suggests he is better off playing in a bit of spaces than the congested areas of the attacking mid.

Saka can easily interchange with a CAM but for a ball hugs like Omari? Nay!

His best comes when he is running into spaces and cutting inside.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
U23s live on twitch and Arsenal.com this evening in a PL2 NLD vs Spuds.

Two pretty strong teams tonight. Our team is as follows:

Grazcyk
Walters Kirk Ogungbo
Olayinka Azeez Henry-Francis Lopez
Hutchinson Flores
Biereth
Watch here:

Top Bottom