• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Under-23s Thread

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
What has happened to Azeez? Looks devoid of any confidence

Also is it me or do the Sp**s team players look twice the size of our players?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
What has happened to Azeez? Looks devoid of any confidence

Also is it me or do the Sp**s team players look twice the size of our players?
Don't think it's confidence at this point, it's just him not giving it 100 that's all. Common Azeez problem, may harm his progress at the club.

And yeah, you weren't the only one to notice - they were a very big and athletic team. I thought they were the better side for a good chunk of the 2nd half and some of the first but was even overall. I didn't think we were that good but there was a lot of spirit in that performance, particularly from the defence (although Ogungbo - who I thought had an excellent first half - fell off a cliff a little bit with his passing). Henry-Francis also had a mostly good game. Hutchinson and Flores had to work extra hard to get something out of this game - Hutchinson got way better as the game went on, once again showing he has the stamina to make an impact in the later stages of any game.

Biereth was probably the best player in this game. He's a real nuisance of a CF. Unselfish, works hard, great hold-up and link play, and dishes out the physicality against even bigger defenders. I also have no doubts about his scoring credentials either. One to watch.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Don't think it's confidence at this point, it's just him not giving it 100 that's all. Common Azeez problem, may harm his progress at the club.

And yeah, you weren't the only one to notice - they were a very big and athletic team. I thought they were the better side for a good chunk of the 2nd half and some of the first but was even overall. I didn't think we were that good but there was a lot of spirit in that performance, particularly from the defence (although Ogungbo - who I thought had an excellent first half - fell off a cliff a little bit with his passing). Henry-Francis also had a mostly good game. Hutchinson and Flores had to work extra hard to get something out of this game - Hutchinson got way better as the game went on, once again showing he has the stamina to make an impact in the later stages of any game.

Biereth was probably the best player in this game. He's a real nuisance of a CF. Unselfish, works hard, great hold-up and link play, and dishes out the physicality against even bigger defenders. I also have no doubts about his scoring credentials either. One to watch.

Biereth looks a well-rounded striker already (although missed his kick yesterday when he should have scored in the second half). Can’t really see any major weaknesses in his game and could possibly be our Broja…needs a couple of good loans and he will be ready I feel.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Biereth looks a well-rounded striker already (although missed his kick yesterday when he should have scored in the second half). Can’t really see any major weaknesses in his game and could possibly be our Broja…needs a couple of good loans and he will be ready I feel.
Broja slightly better in the dribbling department but Biereth looks a great focal point and can run in behind. With Edwards potentially aswell, we've got a few well rounded CFs at our disposal behind likes of Balogun and TJJ.

Yeah, he'll be disappointed with that missed kick, but generally he puts away 1 every 3 chances he gets. Seems a solid finisher. Reminds me a lot of Bendtner on a good day.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Hope we lose so Chelsea go down.
Can't abide that still - I want a Hutchinson or Taylor-Hart hattrick. In fact, I need all 3 of those 2 and Biereth to score at least one each with Cozier-Duberry or someone like that coming off the bench to grab one.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Mad that Chesea's team are even in that position. Worst Youth team i've seen them have in a long long time.
A lot of their best prospects like Colwill are playing up a level.

Weren’t we in a similar situation a year or two ago and managed to get ourselves out of it? Could be wrong

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Lineup:

Grazcyk
Walters Rekik Dinzeyi Lopez
Henry-Francis Patino Azeez
Taylor-Hart Biereth Flores

Very eh defence IMO. Missing Awe, Kirk, Ogungbo, Monlouis and Sousa on the bench instead of Lopez. Also I would have started Ejeheri personally.

Everything else is fine, although a bit disappointed with Hutchinson missing out as would be last chance to see him play this season (he's not coming off the bench for us this season, Arteta's way too stingy for that). That said, more than happy with Flores getting another game, although I would have liked to see Cozier-Duberry on the bench for one of Ideho or Butler-Oyedeji. I'll look forward to this!

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Biereth again very impressive. Needs a good loan next season although t wouldn’t be against him being a backup striker in the first team next year
Yeah I thought was very good and worked hard too. Real nuisance.

Was a positive yet sloppy game from us. Azeez and Patino typified this as they both had moments of amazing quality followed by moments of real slackness.

Biereth, Graczyk and Sousa were my main favorites from the match tonight. Flores and Taylor-Hart had good moments but were guilty of bad decision making at times.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Yeah I thought was very good and worked hard too. Real nuisance.

Was a positive yet sloppy game from us. Azeez and Patino typified this as they both had moments of amazing quality followed by moments of real slackness.

Biereth, Graczyk and Sousa were my main favorites from the match tonight. Flores and Taylor-Hart had good moments but were guilty of bad decision making at times.
Still not sold on Flores. Think out of Flores, Hart and Hutchinson, only Hutchinson has a real chance. Although I like Hart's profile. We really don't have any other winger with his style of play. How did Henry Francis play?

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Still not sold on Flores. Think out of Flores, Hart and Hutchinson, only Hutchinson has a real chance. Although I like Hart's profile. We really don't have any other winger with his style of play. How did Henry Francis play?
Taylor Hart is so different to the others hence my reckoning the club will take their time with him. Such a unique skills set and ability he has. Just glides with the ball like a gazelle off both feet and his technique is like RVP

Last edited:

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I don’t see any of those wingers making it here, harsh as it sounds.

The club are all in on Patino, he’ll be the one getting chances. After that I think players will have to really stand out to get minutes.

Norton-Cuffy should get a chance and Biereth has a style I think could transfer to mens football quicker/better than Nketiah or Balogun.

Patino and BNC will be promoted to first team players next season I’m sure.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka

The club are all in on Patino, he’ll be the one getting chances. After that I think players will have to really stand out to get minutes.

Norton-Cuffy should get a chance and Biereth has a style I think could transfer to mens football quicker/better than Nketiah or Balogun.

I agree. I also think the defenders like Monlouis and Awe have a shot. They certainly have enough raw talent, especially Monlouis even though he still makes some dumb mistakes. After that it will be the next group of players like Duberry, Nwaneri and Skelly to see what they bring to the table.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

I think they have the toughest time of it for sure, as the wingers ahead of them are young and already close to superstardom.

I think one of them will make it as a squad player.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I agree. I also think the defenders like Monlouis and Awe have a shot. They certainly have enough raw talent, especially Monlouis even though he still makes some dumb mistakes. After that it will be the next group of players like Duberry, Nwaneri and Skelly to see what they bring to the table.
Ogungbo too, think he's the most underrated of the bunch. Need to see him on loan.

Top Bottom