• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Under-23s Thread

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I'm really liking Zach Awe at the moment. Think Taylor Foran will do really well in his career aswell but Awe's ball playing (and carrying!) ability gives him that extra element for me. I'd loan him in January. He looked the most comfy defender against Ipswich. Sweet and Foran also did quite well throughout against a good League 1 side.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I'm really liking Zach Awe at the moment. Think Taylor Foran will do really well in his career aswell but Awe's ball playing (and carrying!) ability gives him that extra element for me. I'd loan him in January. He looked the most comfy defender against Ipswich. Sweet and Foran also did quite well throughout against a good League 1 side.
Do you have information about this guy?

Frankly I think he looks a bit like Harry Maguire. Not sure if that is a good sign.

FdHc3TpaUAMKSHj

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
I always said Awe was a more agile Mertesacker lol. I remember one U16 game where he was playing as a CDM. Looked very composed on the ball. Especially for a player who are this point is prob like 6'5. Still have faith in Monlouis. May just take him longer to develop. Still think he has the most natural talent of any CB prospect I have watched at the club for the last 10 years.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I always said Awe was a more agile Mertesacker lol. I remember one U16 game where he was playing as a CDM. Looked very composed on the ball. Especially for a player who are this point is prob like 6'5. Still have faith in Monlouis. May just take him longer to develop. Still think he has the most natural talent of any CB prospect I have watched at the club for the last 10 years.
Awe just does all the right things a player of his type should do (except the odd time he lets the ball bounce, don't like that). The way he engages with attackers, the carrying, the choice of pass. He's a prototypical ball-playing defender. Becoming more combative aswell. The game last night was a really good performance against decent EFL opposition and I was impressed. Another easy comparison would be to Saliba aswell, as they play in a very similar way. I hope we at least give him a bit of time to cook before we decide what to do with him.

I do agree on Monlouis aswell though. He has everything but he's a bit like Arthur Okonkwo. Very jittery. All the tools and minerals but just a bit nervous at times.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
U21s go through to the knockouts of the Papa John's. 3-1 win.

A good 2nd half performance meant we turned the game around from 1-0 down. Zach Awe, Amario Cozier-Duberry and Nathan Butler-Oyedeji scored the 3 goals. Nwaneri and Lewis-Skelly came on and were both good and looked extremely comfortable. Cozier-Duberry is brilliant. Zach Awe has his moments but his overall performance was of a high standard for a ball playing CB again. Butler-Oyedeji was also promising. But Awe and Cozier-Duberry were my standouts today.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
U21s go through to the knockouts of the Papa John's. 3-1 win.

A good 2nd half performance meant we turned the game around from 1-0 down. Zach Awe, Amario Cozier-Duberry and Nathan Butler-Oyedeji scored the 3 goals. Nwaneri and Lewis-Skelly came on and were both good and looked extremely comfortable. Cozier-Duberry is brilliant. Zach Awe has his moments but his overall performance was of a high standard for a ball playing CB again. Butler-Oyedeji was also promising. But Awe and Cozier-Duberry were my standouts today.
Is Monlouis still injured?

Always thought he was the better prospect than Awe because he looks more agile and press resistant on the ball, but Awe has always been very interesting too. Good to hear he's taking advantage of his chance to stand out.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Is Monlouis still injured?

Always thought he was the better prospect than Awe because he looks more agile and press resistant on the ball, but Awe has always been very interesting too. Good to hear he's taking advantage of his chance to stand out.

I think he is still injured. Monlouis is a bit more error prone than Awe but I agree, he's a very well rounded prospect. Awe though is very good IMO, arguably our best CB prospect currently based on performance. Doesn't look fazed against grown men.

Here's the highlights. Ignore the commentator for the last goal, Butler-Oyedeji scores it, not Nwaneri.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Watching the u21 game vs Palace on arsenal.com. Half time now.

Been a great game between the best teams in PL2. You can see who the standouts are clearly though on our end. Cozier-Duberry and Bandeira been very good. Marquinhos........not been very good I have to say. Flatters to deceive and can't beat his man. Henry-Francis got better as game went on. Also even though we conceded I've been impressed by our backline. Walters, Foran, Awe and Quesada-Thorn have all been solid. Butler-Oyedeji been quite average but he's worked so hard so gotta give him his due. Matt Smith is the best player on the pitch not named Cozier-Duberry or Malcolm Ebiowei.

I hope Cozier-Duberry comes off at some point so he can play vs Zurich.

Also, Jeremie Aliadiere is on co-commentary!

Tsl

Been a great game between the best teams in PL2. You can see who the standouts are clearly though on our end. Cozier-Duberry and Bandeira been very good. Marquinhos........not been very good I have to say. Flatters to deceive and can't beat his man. Henry-Francis got better as game went on. Also even though we conceded I've been impressed by our backline. Walters, Foran, Awe and Quesada-Thorn have all been solid. Butler-Oyedeji been quite average but he's worked so hard so gotta give him his due. Matt Smith is the best player on the pitch not named Cozier-Duberry or Malcolm Ebiowei.

Every time I watch Cozier-Duberry, he is the best on the pitch. It's a bit worrying with Marquinhos, difficult to break through the first team as a winger when you're afraid to take on your man.

Geofranco

Tbh I don't see it with marquinhos. Gives me Joel Campbell vibes.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Tbh I don't see it with marquinhos. Gives me Joel Campbell vibes.
Joel Campbell is the exact comparison I've made. Decent technician with a great left foot but merely adequate in other areas. It helps that he is quite strong. And i liked Joel Campbell too but he had a clear ceiling. Don't see Marquinhos being great for us but good luck to him. He has something clearly that the brass like (probably his left foot).

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
U21s win again today - 3-1 vs Everton.

Cirjan, Bandeira and Marquinhos with the goals. Apparently another impressive game from Cozier-Duberry aswell.

Geofranco

U21s win again today - 3-1 vs Everton.

Cirjan, Bandeira and Marquinhos with the goals. Apparently another impressive game from Cozier-Duberry aswell.
Bandeira has looked good any time I watch him. I like his profile. Athletic and powerful and has good technical ability. Unfortunately he seems so injury prone.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚

The obligatory 4 minute reel. Foran comes out looking good here aswell.
I'd like to see what Bandeira's passing and possession game looks like now, obviously can't get a feel from that in just highlights.

Ibrahim is a decent prospect but I get the feeling that if either of them is going to make it at the top level it would be Bandeira (of course, they are both massive long shots).

Top Bottom