• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Under-23s Thread

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Tough game from typically tough opposition. Thought Balogun changed the game massively with his movement on and off the ball. So pacey and clinical.

Azeez was better than McEneff when he came on and didn't look out of place at all despite playing in a slightly unorthodox position. Was a bit behind play at times though, will have to use his pace a lot more than he did when he came on. Think Oluwu and Ogungbo had problems with the pace of the wingers - Ogungbo did quite well at times I thought. Burton scored a great goal but had a weird game where he was mostly good but frustrating at times. Smith-Rowe was bright and much better in 2nd half but injury was a big worry. Hopefully that's a precautionary sub.

Think the team will look better with Smith and/or Olayinka in the middle.

Also I have to say this is Coyles best match in a while. He was on point for most of the game and carried us forward before Balogun came on. Azeez wasnt perfect but I think he did enough to put himself in the convo ahead of McEneff at least.

Symbia

Burton's finish was the perfection of a typical ball playing Arsenal of old.
Similar to amazing moves in PlayStation games.

Olayinka is so underrated imo, totally changed the game and terrorised the opponent's defense when he came in, also ESR solo run to hit the woodwork could have been some goal.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Burton's finish was the perfection of a typical ball playing Arsenal of old.
Similar to amazing moves in PlayStation games.

Olayinka is so underrated imo, totally changed the game and terrorised the opponent's defense when he came in, also ESR solo run to hit the woodwork could have been some goal.
Olayinka wasnt in the squad. Azeez, Balogun and Dennis came on. Think you mean Balogun, who was indeed very good when coming on.

I thought all the subs were quite good.

Symbia

Olayinka wasnt in the squad. Azeez, Balogun and Dennis came on. Think you mean Balogun, who was indeed very good when coming on.

I thought all the subs were quite good.
Yeah, Balogun.
Don't mind my mixed iip and don't blame me much. They are both from the same part of Nigeria (ancestral).

Last edited:

Arsenal up against Leicester after going one nill down earlier.

51'
2 - 1 Tyreece John-Jules Assist: Folarin Balogun
47'
1 - 1 Tyreece John-Jules Assist: Trae Coyle

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
John-Jules pushing for the temporary spot behind Auba here.

Big fan of John-Jules. Really well rounded CF who can score goals.

2 good finishes.

That first volley on his "weak" foot is great technique. He has to be in the convo for minutes, been excellent this season playing as both a #9 and a second striker styled #10. I'm really liking his development.

2 assists for Balogun aswell. The battle between he, John-Jules and Nketiah is going to be an excellent one but I believe if/when we lose Auba and Laca we are potentially already sorted at striker.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

For those like me who are taking it easy tonight, this is on at 7.

Bellerin and Tierney will both be playing 1st half at least. Another chance to see Balogun and John-Jules also. Hopefully Coyle also builds on his form. More interesting to me is who will play in midfield. Burton will undoubtedly play but who will be alongside him?

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners

For those like me who are taking it easy tonight, this is on at 7.

Bellerin and Tierney will both be playing 1st half at least. Another chance to see Balogun and John-Jules also. Hopefully Coyle also builds on his form. More interesting to me is who will play in midfield. Burton will undoubtedly play but who will be alongside him?
Mavropanos is also starting so this game has a lot of importance for our PL campaign

he's not really played enough for us to write him off just yet

Not writing him off but before he got injured I felt he was some way off starting for us in PL. Hopefully he can get match fit without any set backs and then we should test him in EL!

Plutarch

Early 1-0 lead for Arsenal against Wolves, Balogun scored, and should have scored a second. Tierney is doing well as far as I can see.

Symbia

Very boring match. Non existing midfield on Arsenal side, Bellerin very active.

I also don't know when Arsenal started hoofing ball for attackers to battle.

Last edited:

teamsoutheast

This game looks eerily similar to our first team games. We really do need to prerss with more conviction and get closer to the opposing player. The press looks half hearted. Wolves on the other hand are good withoiut the ball and look better tactically.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom