• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Under-23s Thread

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Balogun in almost everything attacking for us

I'm a big Eddie fan but looks like Balogun is definitely better. Please don't **** this up Arsenal.
Yeah Balogun's better, that much has been quite obvious for a while but I think it wasn't quite as cut and dry until this year when he began to display a level of all-round play that Eddie simply cannot reach. I think Eddie is capable of much more than we're seeing, but he still hasn't got the kind of composure needed to show it and he won't get that many chances at Arsenal to show it.

As it stands, if keeping Balogun is a priority (and at this point, it should be, regardless of the other talent in his position) then we absolutely need to make space - that means even selling a talent like Nketiah IMO. He still has a good rep, especially his international record, he'll still draw a very decent sum for us IMO because we honestly don't NEED to sell him if we're honest, so we can get at least £20m for him and I expect him to do very well when he does leave.

But yeah, I'm all aboard the idea that we have to pull out the stops to keep Balogun - I just don't think the club are seeing it that way. And I don't think it's because of Nketiah specifically, more than Balogun is one of many right now (the most talented one it can easily be argued, but not the only strong CF talent).

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Will Cirjan/ Azeez be getting a look in for FA Cup games? I'm pretty sure Iwobi got his first Arsenal app in the FA Cup

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

@MutableEarth Who dis? Information looks promising.

"Brooke Norton-Cuffy has signed his first professional contract.

The 17-year-old right back has enjoyed an incredible 2020/21 season so far, making his debut for our under-18s back in October, before making his under-23s debut at just 16 years of age against Liverpool.

Brooke is a powerful and technical right back and has won four of his five Premier League 2 outings to date.

We congratulate Brooke on his first professional contract and look forward to supporting him with his continued development."

https://www.arsenal.com/news/brooke-norton-cuffy-signs-first-pro-contract

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
@MutableEarth Who dis? Information looks promising.

"Brooke Norton-Cuffy has signed his first professional contract.

The 17-year-old right back has enjoyed an incredible 2020/21 season so far, making his debut for our under-18s back in October, before making his under-23s debut at just 16 years of age against Liverpool.

Brooke is a powerful and technical right back and has won four of his five Premier League 2 outings to date.

We congratulate Brooke on his first professional contract and look forward to supporting him with his continued development."

https://www.arsenal.com/news/brooke-norton-cuffy-signs-first-pro-contract
He's a first year scholar. Very powerful and comfortable on the ball, gets up and down the flank well. Had a few matches for the U23s after some injuries led to a premature call up and he's delivered extremely well in those matches. He's looking to be the best of the academy in that position, with strong competition from Daniel Oyegoke aswell. We're really well stocked for RBs.

In more current news, the U23s are playing right now vs Brighton (before you all ask, no there isn't a stream - it's Arsenal lol) and we're already 2-0 up after 20 mins.

Miguel Azeez and Flo Balogun are the scorers - two players who it could be argued are very close to playing top flight football (in Balogun's case, he's been ready for a minute!). Feel a degree of sympathy for the Balogun situation given that he's so far beyond this level but has too many bodies in front of him, some of whom have a level of promise themselves.

drippin

He's a first year scholar. Very powerful and comfortable on the ball, gets up and down the flank well. Had a few matches for the U23s after some injuries led to a premature call up and he's delivered extremely well in those matches. He's looking to be the best of the academy in that position, with strong competition from Daniel Oyegoke aswell. We're really well stocked for RBs.

In more current news, the U23s are playing right now vs Brighton (before you all ask, no there isn't a stream - it's Arsenal lol) and we're already 2-0 up after 20 mins.

Miguel Azeez and Flo Balogun are the scorers - two players who it could be argued are very close to playing top flight football (in Balogun's case, he's been ready for a minute!). Feel a degree of sympathy for the Balogun situation given that he's so far beyond this level but has too many bodies in front of him, some of whom have a level of promise themselves.

Yeah I remember you praising Oyegoke, but he had some bad injury I think.

Pretty strong leaps in development for Norton-Cuffy so fast. Well these guys won't be ready for EPL for some time still, but might be just in time after Cedric has done his part of backupping Bellerin (if Bellerin gets back to his level).

I still have 2 % hope that Balogun will sign a new contract after Arteta said that he doesn't know about any contract with a foreign club today.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
FT 5-0 Bolagun got his hattrick right at thr end of game. 5 wins from 5 from Steve bould U23. I read Moller had 3 assists 1 goal too seem he settled quick at our youth teams

drippin

FT 5-0 Bolagun got his hattrick right at thr end of game. 5 wins from 5 from Steve bould U23. I read Moller had 3 assists 1 goal too seem he settled quick at our youth teams

So if Balogun goes, it seems we have a great striker prospect in Möller anyway? Or too early to say?

Is anyone worried that Okonkwo seems to have his contract end in the summer?

Vanfrothan

From what I read, Moller sounds a very different player to Balogun, even though they play in the same position, but good to have more options in the youth team, if Balogun does move on.

Getting serious Bendtner vibes from Moller, which is both good and bad. There was real potential there but the application wasn't really there at the end, and maybe his ego got in the way. Hopefully Moller will take more out of Saka, ESR's book and take the humble, always learning approach.

Definitely worried about the Okonkwo situation. He's come back in from his mystery year out and taken his place among our top young goalkeepers with ease so the potential must be there.

Hopefully, us standing by him during his period out of the game will serve us well when he decides to make the next decision on his future.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom