• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Under-23s Thread

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I think Azeez will make it early he have style that most mangers like he look all round and comfertable with ball
He will be ready by the time Xhaka reaches 30, and if we don't invest heavily in that area, he will have a clear path to get there.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
https://player.arsenal.com/video/u-23s-brighton-h-highlights

Highlights from the U23 victory vs Brighton.

- Azeez and Balogun absolutely bossed this game by the looks of it. I think there's no question that this level is beginning to look like child's play not just for Balogun but for Azeez too.

- Moller had some nice touches. He's interesting, moves like a midfielder in possession. If he doesn't make it here, he'll net us decent profit if we loan him correctly. Got another goal and assist here.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
https://player.arsenal.com/video/u-23s-brighton-h-highlights

Highlights from the U23 victory vs Brighton.

- Azeez and Balogun absolutely bossed this game by the looks of it. I think there's no question that this level is beginning to look like child's play not just for Balogun but for Azeez too.

- Moller had some nice touches. He's interesting, moves like a midfielder in possession. If he doesn't make it here, he'll net us decent profit if we loan him correctly. Got another goal and assist here.

Wow wow, what golazos from Miguelito and Balogun!

Balogun needs to take Nketiah's spot in the team and some of Laca's minutes ASAP (I rate Nketiah like you, Mutable, and I think he'll go on and have a nice career, maybe even as a back-up and poacher for us, but Balogun is clearly a different level of talent, in terms of quality on the ball and hold-up play, while looking to be as good or better a goalscorer), and Azeez is having exactly the kind of season I'd have hoped for him, he looks like he should be fast-tracked into the team to take Elneny's minutes next season.

Afro Mugo

Wow wow, what golazos from Miguelito and Balogun!

Balogun needs to take Nketiah's spot in the team and some of Laca's minutes ASAP (I rate Nketiah like you, Mutable, and I think he'll go on and have a nice career, maybe even as a back-up and poacher for us, but Balogun is clearly a different level of talent, in terms of quality on the ball and hold-up play, while looking to be as good or better a goalscorer), and Azeez is having exactly the kind of season I'd have hoped for him, he looks like he should be fast-tracked into the team to take Elneny's minutes next season.
I have to give praise to Per and his team for the decision to sign up Akinola and Dinzeyi (as squad fillers). Akinola's presence has allowed Azeez amnd Cirjan play their roles better as Akinola acts as the experienced cog who is probably also above this level but has no long term future at the club but will learn a lot from the better environment. Dinzeyi has meant none of Kirk nor Ogungbo are playing u23s when theyre not ready. It follows the principle of playing younger players with older players who balance the team out. I'm a big fan of Eddie and I don't like the bashing he gets but Balogun's all round play accompanied by his goalscoring ability just gives him the edge. Its unfortunate they share the same agent whereby a decision on one means the other has to leave though I'm still of the opinion Eddie stayed a bit too long in the u23s . As soon as he scored on his debut, he should have began playing first team football

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

So.. Azeez's contract expires in the summer? Wtf? Why hasn't it been extended?

Although I have the impression that he is an Arsenal guy along with his parents, and am pretty hopeful.

Edit. answering my own question. Good stuff, hope they renew him rather than extend.

"Miguel Azeez has agreed a three-year contract with Arsenal with an option to extend by a further two years before the end of 2021/22."

https://dailycannon.com/2019/09/miguel-azeez-agrees-new-arsenal-deal-of-up-to-5-years/

Last edited:

Afro Mugo

Although I have the impression that he is an Arsenal guy along with his parents, and am pretty hopeful.

Edit. answering my own question. Good stuff, hope they renew him rather than extend.

"Miguel Azeez has agreed a three-year contract with Arsenal with an option to extend by a further two years before the end of 2021/22."

https://dailycannon.com/2019/09/miguel-azeez-agrees-new-arsenal-deal-of-up-to-5-years/
Azeez is an Arsenal man through and through and the club has a lot of faith in him especially with his recent performances + he isn't signed under Emeka Obasi like Balogun Saka and Nelson. The club has a lot of faith in him. I heard whispers that the club have been keenly looking at Olise at Reading though they are a bit reluctant to sign him with Azeez and Patino behind within the same age range.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Azeez is one talent who definitely isn't going anywhere for the foreseeable future. Not worried about him one bit, he's a dead cert.

drippin

Azeez is one talent who definitely isn't going anywhere for the foreseeable future. Not worried about him one bit, he's a dead cert.

Yeah, I saw some interview with his parents and they all seemed proper Arsenal and intelligent people.

So Azeez has now been great at u23? Do you think he should be loaned next season, or give him Europa League games etc.?

What about the contract? Wouldn't it be better to give him a new long one, rather than use that 2 year option?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Yeah, I saw some interview with his parents and they all seemed proper Arsenal and intelligent people.

So Azeez has now been great at u23? Do you think he should be loaned next season, or give him Europa League games etc.?

What about the contract? Wouldn't it be better to give him a new long one, rather than use that 2 year option?
Not too sure on the contract situation - the contract he was given is a rare one. Most of our youngster's first contracts is the standard 2 year pro deal. Azeez is the only one who signed a 3 year with the 2 year option, essentially signing on for 5 years. That in and of itself was an indication of how highly the club valued him and how much he himself is committed to us. He's been with us since he was very young, I'd imagine he plans to be a lynchpin in our midfield, at least for the bulk of his career.

He's had an excellent season so far, but it started slowly as Bould didn't trust him as much. For the first few games, we still had James Olayinka in the side and he partnered Akinola for a lot of games - not the most creative midfield, but strong defensively, decent in possession and good engines. The balance just wasn't there though and we struggled in early games. That changed when Azeez finally started starting games for us, along with the likes of Cottrell, Cirjan and Balogun. He's played brilliantly as an #8, dovetailing really well with the players around him, providing energy, forward passing and 3rd man runs - the latter of which is a very unheralded facet of his game, as he's seen more as a deeper-lying playmaker #6 type.

Next season I think he will stay. The midfield is likely to undergo something of a revolution with Ceballos going back to Madrid and Elneny likely to leave. Xhaka won't be going anywhere but there will be space for Azeez if he impresses in pre-season. I don't know if he should go on loan, mainly because I think his quality is such that I don't think he needs to - however, given that a lot of our young players have lacked consistent first team minutes outside of a very small handful, it's not a bad idea.

drippin

Do you have a link? I'm curious where his Dad (or was it his mom?) is from in my country.

Here:

Here he says he loves this club, and is Arsenal through and through. Been at the club since a 5-year old

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Azeez is an Arsenal man through and through and the club has a lot of faith in him especially with his recent performances + he isn't signed under Emeka Obasi like Balogun Saka and Nelson. The club has a lot of faith in him. I heard whispers that the club have been keenly looking at Olise at Reading though they are a bit reluctant to sign him with Azeez and Patino behind within the same age range.
Olise is an attacking midfielder/winger. He's more likely going to take minutes from Nelson/ESR/Ødegaard than the former two.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Regarding Azeez, the club put 2 year extension on his contract after the 21/22 season so I think it's safe to say he's not leaving any time soon. I am naturally a pessimistic person when it comes to Arsenal in the transfer window. I fear we won't go out and buy a CM to replace Xhaka and Elneny so we'll just stick with them and let Azeez understudy. However, I am more concerned about Patino. He's just as talented, if not more than Azeez, and I'm not sure he has that extra contract extension and it's hard to develop two guys who play in the same position. It's going to be interesting what happens.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Regarding Azeez, the club put 2 year extension on his contract after the 21/22 season so I think it's safe to say he's not leaving any time soon. I am naturally a pessimistic person when it comes to Arsenal in the transfer window. I fear we won't go out and buy a CM to replace Xhaka and Elneny so we'll just stick with them and let Azeez understudy. However, I am more concerned about Patino. He's just as talented, if not more than Azeez, and I'm not sure he has that extra contract extension and it's hard to develop two guys who play in the same position. It's going to be interesting what happens.

Azeez to me looks better playing as a 8. Patino looks perfect in the 6 position. Azeez is just versatile enough to play deeper, I know Mertesacker wants him to develop as a 6 and Azeez has talked about how he admires Busquets, but I just think he has too much to offer in the attack to play that deep. Patino is def not more talented, he is good, but people need to be careful not to overhype him, he needs a lot of time to develop. The position he plays is prob the most difficult to adapt to in the first team. I can't see him playing anywhere else on the pitch.

drippin

I fear we won't go out and buy a CM to replace Xhaka and Elneny so we'll just stick with them and let Azeez understudy. However, I am more concerned about Patino. He's just as talented, if not more than Azeez, and I'm not sure he has that extra contract extension and it's hard to develop two guys who play in the same position. It's going to be interesting what happens.

He has been here for about 5 years, so not nearly as long as Azeez. This can be some concern. But here he seems to dream about full Arsenal debut.

He signed his first contract 21.10.2020, so there is no problem with his contract yet. I can't find any information on his contract, but must be 2 years at least.

"Patino himself tweeted: "Amazing to sign my first professional contract with Arsenal.

"Thanks to everyone who has helped and believed in me.

"The hard work continues and my dream of one day making my full debut for Arsenal pushes me on.""

https://www.lutontoday.co.uk/sport/...e-patino-signs-first-pro-deal-arsenal-3011728

Regarding Xhaka, I definitely think we won't sell him. Elneny can go, but if we need a backup, I think he could leave for a free after one more year.

The problem we have is that we have two midfielder loanees from Real, and getting good players to those positions takes much funds already. Elneny is not good enough for Arsenal.

Top Bottom