• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Under-23s Thread

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Game will be on Chelsea's website. I'm guessing the set-up is:

Hein
Alebiosu Kirk Dinzeyi Lopez
Patino Akinola
Balogun(c) Cottrell Nelson
Moller
Good to have Nelson for what'll be a relatively tough game for this team - he needs the minutes and he absolutely needs to put on a show to remind people that he is actually good, so this should be interesting viewing from that perspective. Unfortunately Miguel Azeez is injured (at least I think so) so it's another start for Charlie Patino at this level, a good opportunity to see him over 90 minutes.

Intriguing prospects in this match - the CB pairing should be of very interesting viewing also. Alebiosu has improved a lot since the start of the season, so that'll be something to savour. Also good chance to see Moller again.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
Lots of possession lost in our half itself. Akinola Cottrell and the defence not able to handle their press

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Marcel Lewis killing us atm. Has scored to put Chelsea back in the league.

Akinola has been absolutely shocking. Alebiosu and Lopez not great either. Cottrell seems to be struggling with the physicality of the Chelsea team. Perhaps needs to be more central. Moller hasn't been involved much, neither has Balogun.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
We have lacked composure in the 1st half. Grew into it. Nelson by far our best player, not even close. Cottrell struggling out wide. Balogun and Moller only good in last 5 mins or so. Patino not bad - much better than Akinola at least who looks off the pace. Lopez and Alebiosu not great either, Lopez in particular has been getting killed on his side all game so far. Kirk has had a decent enough half while Dinzeyi has struggled.

Need Oyegoke and Taylor-Hart on the pitch. I would take off Moller and bring on Taylor-Hart, move Cottrell central and Oyegoke for either one of Lopez and Alebiosu.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Not a great game from us today but we ****housed a point somehow :lol:

Thought Patino had a good 2nd half and deserved his goal but he tired real bad. Moller also grew into it a little bit but I think he didn't have as much of an impact as I'd have liked. Alebiosu was also much better in the 2nd half. Lopez still had a bit of a ropey game and I thought Dinzeyi showed exactly why Sp**s let him go. Kirk was alright on the ball but he looks a little bit overawed at this level so far. Zach Awe didn't have anywhere near as much trouble in his U23 game this season.

Nelson by far the best player on our side and arguably best on the pitch other than Marcel Lewis. First time in AGES I've seen him dribble rings around people with ease, and I really wish he would start to believe in himself in the first team matches. The freedom he showed today is what I've been praying for him to show in first team matches. He's got to be ready.

In contrast, Balogun was not at it today. Worked relatively hard but definitely didn't seem to be as sharp as he usually is. Probably the worst game I've seen him have.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Why is Nelson playing for the U-23's? His development is just wasting away.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom