• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Under-23s Thread

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I am very pleased to see Okonkwo as a 1st team player now, I've always had high hopes for him, pretty sure he is better then Runaarson. Looking forward to seeing how he goes with the 1st team squad now.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Yeah, huge coup from the club and IMO probably more important than the massive signings. Could be game changers.

Taylor-Hart especially has the potential to be the final chaos emerald for our attack that Nelson was supposed to be (and I'm reluctant to rule him out of the running but it's looking peak for the kid). We have put together a pretty good conveyor belt (with the likes of Hutchinson, Sagoe Jnr & Cozier-Duberry coming out of Hale End and the acquisition of Richards from Chelsea) to even back these guys up.

If we're smart with their development, we likely won't have to do any major recruitment drives, we can literally focus our funds on big breakout players or bonafide stars.

Also a word on Arthur Okonkwo. Very talented and highly rated. If Onana doesn't work out and we don't sign him, we should really be looking at trying to get him [Okonkwo] minutes. He's a very similar keeper in style and stature, might be worth developing him quickly.

Don't forget Zach Awe and Monlouis, those two could develop to be new generation Mert and Kos. Hopefully a bit better lol.

I like Awe's composure on the ball, his positioning is sound too, looks about 6'4. Monlouis still a bit raw, but such a good athlete and very comfortable on the ball.

Taylor-Hart is taller and looks like he has a bigger frame than Nelson (he has pretty wide shoulders so can pack on muscle), so hopefully he doesn't face the same struggles Nelson has adapting to senior football.

He looks so assured on the ball, makes it look easy. Nelson can look a bit herky jerky at times with his movement, kinda a little stiff or robotic, like the way Cristiano runs with the ball. Hart is just so fluid and easy on the eye with his style and technique. Really have high hopes for him.

Really excited to see how Sagoe, Richards and Duberry perform this season. Ideho actually reminds me a bit of Saka, but not as athletic.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Don't forget Zach Awe and Monlouis, those two could develop to be new generation Mert and Kos. Hopefully a bit better lol.

I like Awe's composure on the ball, his positioning is sound too, looks about 6'4. Monlouis still a bit raw, but such a good athlete and very comfortable on the ball.

Taylor-Hart is taller and looks like he has a bigger frame than Nelson (he has pretty wide shoulders so can pack on muscle), so hopefully he doesn't face the same struggles Nelson has adapting to senior football.

He looks so assured on the ball, makes it look easy. Nelson can look a bit herky jerky at times with his movement, kinda a little stiff or robotic, like the way Cristiano runs with the ball. Hart is just so fluid and easy on the eye with his style and technique. Really have high hopes for him.

Really excited to see how Sagoe, Richards and Duberry perform this season. Ideho actually reminds me a bit of Saka, but not as athletic.
Big fan of Awe and Monlouis. They're so composed technically and seem to be unflappable. Even when Monlouis makes mistakes, he easily keeps composure - sign of a really talented defender IMO.

Nelson's jutting style actually made him seem more exciting to be honest, appeared unpredictable. With Taylor-Hart, everything he does is very smooth for a tall kid. I think if he adds more power, he could be extremely dangerous. I would like to see him add even more end product next season.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of Sagoe Jnr and Cozier-Duberry - I've been quite intrigued by Kaleel Green who joined last season. Amani Richards is one who I'm really interesting in seeing what he does next season. If the chips fall into place well enough, I think he could even be leading the line for the U23s this season. Big fan of Khayon Edwards but I think Richards might be better.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Just watched the interview with Okonkwo, seems a real polite, level headed kid. Hopefully he'll get an opportunity to impress in pre-season.
Just came on here to post the same thing. It is a mighty impressive interview for a young player, looks like he might have the character to succeed which is so important for goalkeepers especially. It is a weird twilight being a 3rd choice keeper though; wonder whether a Championship loan might help his trajectory with some regular competitive football. Going to be interesting to see what we do on the backup to Leno now. Runnarson looks to be off, no Ryan so its a bit open

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Just came on here to post the same thing. It is a mighty impressive interview for a young player, looks like he might have the character to succeed which is so important for goalkeepers especially. It is a weird twilight being a 3rd choice keeper though; wonder whether a Championship loan might help his trajectory with some regular competitive football. Going to be interesting to see what we do on the backup to Leno now. Runnarson looks to be off, no Ryan so its a bit open

I'd guess he'll stay with the first team till January anyway and they might assess whether to loan him at that point. If he has a good pre-season though I suppose he could force his way into being Leno's backup to start the season with.

teamsoutheast

So what are the thoughts on Okonkwo so far? He seems like he's pretty nervous when playing to me but he's really highly rated. He just needs a few more games to bed himself in but at this moment, I don't think he's ready to be a number 2. He needs a loan to club where he can get competititve first team games. Needs to be more vocal and communicate with his defenders and he may learn that in a more physical League One or League Two...

teamsoutheast

PS, i'm liking the look of Omari Hutchinson. He's had a bit of a growth spurt which should help him bed into the U-23 football from a physical perspective. Looked pretty nervous though when he came on so isn't quite ready for 1st team footy just yet. I think a full stretch in the U-23's this season and let's see where he is next season as he may be ready for a loan by then...

Afro Mugo

So what are the thoughts on Okonkwo so far? He seems like he's pretty nervous when playing to me but he's really highly rated. He just needs a few more games to bed himself in but at this moment, I don't think he's ready to be a number 2. He needs a loan to club where he can get competititve first team games. Needs to be more vocal and communicate with his defenders and he may learn that in a more physical League One or League Two...
Okonkwo has always been highly rated and I think he was just nervous as it was his first game. Cedric also didn't help playing such a hospital pass to him. He will definitely be loaned out at some point in the near future. He's still very young .

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
anyone know anything about this lad?

I've seen very little of the player before but his record is very, very good and Fulham won the PL South this year so he must be promising. I'm a little surprised - this must be pure opportunism because last year we signed an excellent CF prospect in Amani Richards and I honestly thought he'd play his way into the U23 spot over the course of the season. It would appear that Edwards will remain the U18 CF with Richards wide of him, while this Biereth fella will be the U23 guy with Balogun and Moller both going on loan.

Afro Mugo

anyone know anything about this lad?

He looks really good from the few highlights I've watched 6'2" and looks as technical but a bit more refined than Moller . Has a few tricks up his sleeve. Fulham have won the league twice in a row and have been blessed with two strikers him and Jay Stanfield who's a few months older and had similar numbers in terms of goals last season. It's a bit of a Balogun- TJJ scenario.

I've seen very little of the player before but his record is very, very good and Fulham won the PL South this year so he must be promising. I'm a little surprised - this must be pure opportunism because last year we signed an excellent CF prospect in Amani Richards and I honestly thought he'd play his way into the U23 spot over the course of the season. It would appear that Edwards will remain the U18 CF with Richards wide of him, while this Biereth fella will be the U23 guy with Balogun and Moller both going on loan.

Not worried about Amani Richards, he has something like Malen had about him. While you probably want him upfront I think he will do well in other attacking positions too!

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Currently about to watch our U23s vs Bromley. I was gonna go to the match but I had plans that were cancelled last minute, so I bought a £10 stream to watch instead like the **** I am :lol:

Lineup looks tasty tbf

Ejeheri,
Osei-Tutu, Kirk, Rekik, Jeffcott,
Patino Bandeira,
Sagoe Jr Hutchinson Richards
Edwards

Latest posts+

Top Bottom