• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Under-23s Thread

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Patino and Hutchinson remain the most impressive players. Kirk and Osei-Tutu have also had good moments. Richards needs to get into the game a bit more but he's plugging away. Edwards not been great, and Bandeira doesn't look sharp.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
2-0 Bromley. Bromley look sharp unfortunately for us. Been a few performances where we don't quite look the level but this is a good experience for the younger players who are probably still playing at a more U18 level. Also will get them sharper aswell.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
HT. Bit of a disappointing half. Kinda wish I had that tenner back now :lol:

Patino and Hutchinson look a level above almost everyone on the pitch. The other players don't really look as sharp, but having not played for 2 weeks, it's expected.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Currently about to watch our U23s vs Bromley. I was gonna go to the match but I had plans that were cancelled last minute, so I bought a £10 stream to watch instead like the **** I am :lol:

Lineup looks tasty tbf

Ejeheri,
Osei-Tutu, Kirk, Rekik, Jeffcott,
Patino Bandeira,
Sagoe Jr Hutchinson Richards
Edwards

Literally spent a nandos combo to watch a ball get kicked around, you couldn't find an illegal stream mate?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
We're starting to play good football. Ibrahim (Patino's replacement) looks very secure on the ball and physically capable. Cozier-Duberry's dribbling and use of the ball is extremely impressive. Salah-Eddine is on the pitch and using the ball well. Richards had initially come off, but came back on and looks much better - he started on the wing, now he's playing #9.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
We're starting to play good football. Ibrahim (Patino's replacement) looks very secure on the ball and physically capable. Cozier-Duberry's dribbling and use of the ball is extremely impressive. Salah-Eddine is on the pitch and using the ball well. Richards had initially come off, but came back on and looks much better - he started on the wing, now he's playing #9.

Looks like Duberry could be a star. You could just tell that he thinks a step or two ahead the moment I watched him play against Aston Villa. Just love intelligent players with good movement, footwork and technique on the ball.

I am guessing Sagoe didn't play that well? Good to here that Patino and Hutchinson are looking good, even if it's still just pre-season. Expecting a big season from both at U23 level.

Hopefully Patino stays healthy. I will cut Bandeira some slack as he just came back from an injury not too long ago.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
@MutableEarth thanks for the match report, your knowledge of the youth teams is phenomenal. Out of interest, was there any news or hints about Bould's replacement and who will coach the U23's this year?

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

@MutableEarth thanks for the match report, your knowledge of the youth teams is phenomenal. Out of interest, was there any news or hints about Bould's replacement and who will coach the U23's this year?
Ryan Garry is filling in while they continue the search, Kevin Betsy (England U18s) was linked with it a few weeks back. Could see Garry just given the job.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Nothing to add to @Gooner416 post - there's been no news so I'm guessing they'll just give it to Garry if they don't like anyone else for it. He's been at the club for a long time and gone through the ranks, backing up Ampadu, Ljungberg and Bould respectively. It would be nice to see what he's got and what he's taken from all 3 men.

Looks like Duberry could be a star. You could just tell that he thinks a step or two ahead the moment I watched him play against Aston Villa. Just love intelligent players with good movement, footwork and technique on the ball.

I am guessing Sagoe didn't play that well? Good to here that Patino and Hutchinson are looking good, even if it's still just pre-season. Expecting a big season from both at U23 level.

Hopefully Patino stays healthy. I will cut Bandeira some slack as he just came back from an injury not too long ago.
Sagoe was OK, just didn't quite look like making a dent in the Bromley defence. His dribbling was good though. Bandeira also had his good moments but most of the time he looked like a player who hasn't played football for months!

Cozier-Duberry is just very interesting to me. I had the same reaction that you did, I saw him on the ball v Villa and just thought "who is THAT?" :lol:. To be able to combine that level of skill with good decision making is rare. This one is definitely a sleeper. Think the eyes will be on Richards, Green and possibly Davies (rightly so) but Cozier-Duberry looks like he's gonna creep up the rankings pretty quickly.

Speaking of Richards, I found it interesting that he had a harder time off the left in the first half. He was very game and willing to take people on but got very little shrift. However, in the 2nd half he came back on to replace Edwards and was MUCH better at #9. Held off defenders pretty well, dribbled directly at them and got more chances to attack as a result. Something to ponder, given Edwards is most likely gangster number 1 upfront.

teamsoutheast

Arsenal U23's play Ebbsfleet United tomorrow in a pre-season freindly. I'm gonna go to this one as tickets were only a tenner and it would be good to see how we may line up going into the new season. Ebbsfleet should give the U23's a run for their money physically. I'm not sure where they ended up in the Vanarama South last season but if I remember correctly, I don't think the Vanarama South Season finished due to Covid...

teamsoutheast

It would have been nice to give Ryan Garry the job as he seems to be well liked by the club and has a close affiliation so would be good to see him given the chance at U23 level. Kevin Betsy however is highly-rated and has worked in the England youth setup from U15 level to U18 level. I'm intrigued with either appointment to be honest...

teamsoutheast

Just on the way home.from the game. It ended Ebbsfleet Utd 1 Arsenal U23 4. Pick of the goals for me was the Azeez screamer from.outside the area. He is clearly our best central midfielder at this level. Doesn't seem to.lose the ball, very composed, and very good decision making. Omari Hutchinson was really good. They couldn't handle his pace and skill especially in the 2nd half. I was also impressed with both Kirk and Monlouis at the back.They were very composed and showed good tactical awareness. Cottrell was really good when he came on very very technical player but he's a little on the small side for me.

Top Bottom