• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Under-23s Thread

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Salah is the best player in this team. Has the best game that translate to senior football

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Salah is the best player in this team. Has the best game that translate to senior football

I don't think Salah is going to make it here longterm. The only ones from this group that have that level potential are Patino, Hutchinson and Monlouis, but you never know. I think Salah is talented, but just don't see any standout qualities from him physically or technically. He fits into the current system Betsy is utilizing and looks very effective, but from what I have seen of him so far he doesn't look more gifted than Matt Smith and Henry Francis.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I don't think Salah is going to make it here longterm. The only ones from this group that have that level potential are Patino, Hutchinson and Monlouis, but you never know. I think Salah is talented, but just don't see any standout qualities from him physically or technically. He fits into the current system Betsy is utilizing and looks very effective, but from what I have seen of him so far he doesn't look more gifted than Matt Smith and Henry Francis.
Patino has big advantage being English as we want to push as many english players. But look at Bennacer. Salah will make it in big club like him. I dont see any of the others yet except the ones we will promote for having the right passport. Salah is same age as patino and has been out for a year and is technically better player than Patino. has far more impact on our play

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Patino has big advantage being English as we want to push as many english players. But look at Bennacer. Salah will make it in big club like him. I dont see any of the others yet except the ones we will promote for having the right passport. Salah is same age as patino and has been out for a year and is technically better player than Patino. has far more impact on our play
I was about to make the same comparison re Salah/Bennacer actually. Solid all-round technicians who aren't weak in any area outside of perhaps their physique - and the work Bennacer has done on his has really enhanced his game compared to how he looked in his one game for us. He is someone who could be a sleeper. We have a lot of players like that.

I don't think he's better technically than Patino though, that's a stretch. Patino is clearly the technical leader in this team. I think Salah has a lot of natural ability but I've seen in games this season that his decision making can sometimes be a bit off compared to Patino (holding onto the ball for a bit longer than he needs to for example). Patino's intelligent use of the ball outweighs pretty much any of his Hale End peers at this level, even Azeez IMO. There's a reason he's rated higher than everyone else and it's not just because he's English. I just wish people would calm down on the 1st team shouts - he ain't ready for that.

Geofranco

I was about to make the same comparison re Salah/Bennacer actually. Solid all-round technicians who aren't weak in any area outside of perhaps their physique - and the work Bennacer has done on his has really enhanced his game compared to how he looked in his one game for us. He is someone who could be a sleeper. We have a lot of players like that.

I don't think he's better technically than Patino though, that's a stretch. Patino is clearly the technical leader in this team. I think Salah has a lot of natural ability but I've seen in games this season that his decision making can sometimes be a bit off compared to Patino (holding onto the ball for a bit longer than he needs to for example). Patino's intelligent use of the ball outweighs pretty much any of his Hale End peers at this level, even Azeez IMO. There's a reason he's rated higher than everyone else and it's not just because he's English. I just wish people would calm down on the 1st team shouts - he ain't ready for that.

I seen Azeez play for the U20 England team and he looked pretty good. He has really grown into his body in the last 6 months. Looks like a man out there lol.

Geofranco

Salah is physically more developed than Patino, stronger and quicker, that's the only thing he has over him. Patino is by far the more intelligent player, his understanding of space and ability to read the game looks Özil lite, that's why I don't fully buy into the Wilshere comparison. Patino is not as aggressive as Wilshere was, a guy who relied more on his natural talent. Patino is actually thinking the game, he has the guile Saka had at that level, Hutchinson as shows that same guile when I watch him. Salah is a strong technician, but nothing special as far as I am concerned. Nelson at U23 looked way more dynamic than majority of these guys and he struggled to impact games for the first team. Salah is perfect in this Betsy system, but I just don't see him becoming a first team player for Arsenal.

Henry boi

Going from strength to strength this season.
Someone said he is only performing this well because of the system and he won't make it here, now I'm not saying he'll make it but he has to be one of those with a significant chance. The kid is supremely gifted technically. Great balance too its seems natural to him.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Someone said he is only performing this well because of the system and he won't make it here, now I'm not saying he'll make it but he has to be one of those with a significant chance. The kid is supremely gifted technically. Great balance too its seems natural to him.
Getting Nasri vibes from Salah. Similar player, not sure if he is as talented but makes it look easy all the same

Geofranco

I think he is talented, but don't think he has enough. Physically, technically and doesn't really show great vision. I feel the same way about Flores. Seen too many players of that ilk in the last 10 years not make it here. I think only Patino, Hutchinson, James Sweet, Azeez, Monlouis and Zach Awe have legit potential to be great players for the first team in the future. Honorable mentions: Charles Sagoe (my favorite), Duberry and Henry-Francis.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I think he is talented, but don't think he has enough. Physically, technically and doesn't really show great vision. I feel the same way about Flores. Seen too many players of that ilk in the last 10 years not make it here. I think only Patino, Hutchinson, James Sweet, Azeez, Monlouis and Zach Awe have legit potential to be great players for the first team in the future. Honorable mentions: Charles Sagoe (my favorite), Duberry and Henry-Francis.
Glad I'm not the only one that's got an eye on James Sweet. All of Ben Cottrell's strengths and none of his weaknesses IMO.

Geofranco

Glad I'm not the only one that's got an eye on James Sweet. All of Ben Cottrell's strengths and none of his weaknesses IMO.

Really like the look of him. Very technical, good vision, physically developed, agile and has a great motor. I believe he has been playing as a wingback for the U18 and has looked very good. Really paid attention to him in that game that was on Twitch, he was the most impressive by far. Flores to me looks like another ball hog. Doing too much, he is talented, but his lack of size and explosiveness is going to hurt him at the next level.

Tom349

Really like the look of him. Very technical, good vision, physically developed, agile and has a great motor. I believe he has been playing as a wingback for the U18 and has looked very good. Really paid attention to him in that game that was on Twitch, he was the most impressive by far. Flores to me looks like another ball hog. Doing too much, he is talented, but his lack of size and explosiveness is going to hurt him at the next level.

Dan Crowley vibes from Flores.

Top Bottom