• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Under-23s Thread

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I know Betsy is doing a very nice job and by all accounts seems like a very nice coach and a massive improvement on what we had, but I'd like to see us move more toward the above approach. Hopefully he is flexible enough to do that.
Think it's worth waiting for him to develop a few players before we can judge him, but looks positive so far even though I absolutely hate to see 3 at the back at this level with so many technical players in the team

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
I think one of his problems is that he's a very greedy bastard and is quite lacking physically. I expect him to step up soon.
I actually think Flores is one of the few players who plays with a bit of personality and not just another robotic ‘keep it safe’ type player. It’s probably why he got the call up to the Mexico squad too.

He may lose the ball, but would rather a player lose the ball attempting to progress play rather than another sterile possession type. Hope he can get a chance soon in the under 23’s and first team

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Lineup

FIhXpoMXIAgKQ8L

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
1-0 to the Arsenal. Nice finish from Biereth after getting teed up by Ideho. We look good when going forward.

Henry-Francis did good work to get the ball to Ideho.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Been very even so far, Brighton have been dangerous. Olayinka hasn't been good IMO, Henry-Francis been holding it together for us mostly. Biereth and Hutchinson have been very busy - the latter our best player but need Hutchinson on the ball way more, he's streets ahead of our other attacking midfield players. Alebiosu is playing RW and isn't a threat, while Ideho has been decent.

Defending been quite good from Awe and Ogungbo and Norton-Cuffy. Walters also been solid.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
That Brighton striker is a nuisance
Just scored. It's 1-1 now - was sure the goal was offside but it's probably what they deserve. It's been very even so far and I don't think we've been that great so far. We don't seem to have as much security or threat from the attacking midfield outside of Hutchinson and he's not getting the ball enough IMO.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
HT/

Henry-Francis has been very impressive, best player on the pitch other than Brighton's #9. Hutchinson has been positive but not quite at his usual best. Mainly because he's not getting the ball in very good positions right now, just not falling for him where I'd like it to. Having to do too much work IMO. Many times he could have gotten the ball and wasn't seen by some of the players.

Ideho has been gradually improving as the match goes on. Full backs have been impressive aswell- Walters isn't a natural LB but is playing manfully and Norton-Cuffy is solid as ever. Biereth has been threatening but, like Hutchinson, rarely seeing the ball in advantageous positions. Brighton have pressed well so they've pinned us back a few times. Likes of Alebiosu and Olayinka having a tough time out there.

We have some decent U18 talent on the bench - I'd like to see Sagoe Jr or Flores come on for one of the wingers - preferably Alebiosu as I like him much more as a RB than at RW. I'd also give Bandeira a runout and replace Olayinka.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Looks like a 24/25 year old physically.

Hutchinson’s off the ball work has improved over the course of the first half but he needs to stay consistent it. Was letting players run off him in the minutes before Brighton’s equaliser.

Good game to watch between two good passing teams.
Seems frustrated - A fair few of our attacks has been slow and laboured after a good, promising start. We need to get him on the ball more. Think we could do with one of the wingers off the bench in this game for him to bounce off of.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I've liked Norton-Cuffy and Walters so far. Both RBs, both quite different and both impressive. I love how excellent physically Norton-Cuffy is and he's difficult to stop when he overlaps.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
This referee can do one.

It’s ok for Brighton to put in snide tackles and get away with it, however the minute we do he’s pulling the yellow card out every single time

LG10

Make Norton-cuffy our second choice rb next season. Guy is a phenom, stuff your livramentos we got hale end

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Make Norton-cuffy our second choice rb next season. Guy is a phenom, stuff your livramentos we got hale end
He's brilliant. I think it's quite early for him to be in contention but he's such a dominant player that it's hard not to be enamoured with the idea.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom