• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Under-23s Thread

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Good game. Arsenal came on stronger at the end of the second half…maybe should have nicked a winner.

Impressed with how Awe and Ogunbo played too.
The whole backline was impressive tonight I thought, Brighton's attackers were up for it and we held our own for the vast majority of the match. Was really the attack that let us down tonight - Balogun and KTH were big misses tonight IMO. Ideho, Alebiosu and Butler-Oyedeji are talented but not as good IMO.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

The whole backline was impressive tonight I thought, Brighton's attackers were up for it and we held our own for the vast majority of the match. Was really the attack that let us down tonight - Balogun and KTH were big misses tonight IMO. Ideho, Alebiosu and Butler-Oyedeji are talented but not as good IMO.
We didn't have Balogun, KTH, Patino and Salah against Brighton and drew away from home? That's a good result.

Vanfrothan

Any indication on why Hutchinson was hooked at half time?

Maybe pre-planned with Sunday in mind or did he pick up a knock/booking in the first half?

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Good game. Arsenal came on stronger at the end of the second half…maybe should have nicked a winner.

Impressed with how Awe and Ogunbo played too.

Really like the look of Awe. Out of all the CBs he looks the most well rounded to me. Tall, athletic, composed and technical. Monlouis has the most raw talent of the CB talents though.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Big news, didn't expect them to let him go out this season but I think it's a great idea and good move. Hopefully Alebiosu also goes out on loan too. Frees up Reuell Walters to take his spot and improve.

Need a few more to go out now aswell. Will be a much weaker team going forward this season but there are u18s sitting there at the moment who are long due a run in this side.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Watched the first half, looked really good. Flores looks natural at this level and probably should be more of a regular, particularly in Taylor-Hart's absence.

Missed the 2nd as I was out but good to see Cozier-Duberry already showing out at this level. Hopefully I can get hold of some full game highlights to watch the 2nd half.

Watched the first half, looked really good. Flores looks natural at this level and probably should be more of a regular, particularly in Taylor-Hart's absence.

Missed the 2nd as I was out but good to see Cozier-Duberry already showing out at this level. Hopefully I can get hold of some full game highlights to watch the 2nd half.

You can watch the full game on twitch still, arsenalofficial. I don't know how long it last.

If mutable has me on ignore, someone can tell him!

I realised when I got home last night 🤣

I watched the 2nd. Defence was impressive. Zach Awe is a talent. Big, tall and composed. Carries into midfield well. Unfussy defending.

Flores is also insane and adjusting well to this level IMO but tbf I haven't been able to follow as much as I liked, when he is in his element it is almost impossible to take the ball off him.

Hutchinson and Patino are still the most likely to come through IMO but it would be amazing to get defenders through from this bunch!

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Just saw Omari's goal against Chelsea, you really start to think that he could have a Saka-like impact in the coming years.

teamsoutheast

Wow, Flores has stepped up big time. He has surprised me how influential he has been at U23 level lately. Henry Francis and Omari Hutchinson looked really good too. We look soooooo good tactically. Credit to Betsy and the work he has done so far this season.

Geofranco

Just saw Omari's goal against Chelsea, you really start to think that he could have a Saka-like impact in the coming years.

He gives me more Reiss Nelson vibes. They have the same flair. Hopefully he can transition better to the big leagues. I think Duberry is more like Saka. Not as powerful, but prob a bit more polished technically.

Geofranco

Wow, Flores has stepped up big time. He has surprised me how influential he has been at U23 level lately. Henry Francis and Omari Hutchinson looked really good too. We look soooooo good tactically. Credit to Betsy and the work he has done so far this season.
Really like Henry Francis. Very cultured midfielder. Not just technical and intelligent, but also has grit to him. He might end up making it over Azeez, but both still have a lot of time to work on their game.

Top Bottom