• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Under-23s Thread

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I think his stature being a factor is largely overstated. He's faced bigger and faster opponents all season and still been a consistent threat. Even last night, his goal was against one of the strongest teams in League 2. I think the PL will obviously be much harder if he plays at that level but I'm more confident than perhaps I would have been had I not been watching him this season.
He is like more technical, but less physical Saka. I really like his style. Definitely has more of the foot speed needed at top level than Hutchinson or Flores

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He is like more technical, but less physical Saka. I really like his style. Definitely has more of the foot speed needed at top level than Hutchinson or Flores
I think it's because he's less greedy personally. Knows when to release. Not that I dislike greediness in my wingers/strikers but still.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I think it's because he's less greedy personally. Knows when to release. Not that I dislike greediness in my wingers/strikers but still.
Maybe, but when I look at young talents in youth football. Outside of talent I look at the physical side as well. Having legs plays big role. If you looked at Iwobi and someone like Lansbury you wouldn’t think Iwobi would be the solid PL player and Lansbury playing most of his career in lower league

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Nwaneri has forward written all over him IMO. He can defo play as an 8 but he's so decisive in the final 3rd and approach.

Agree re Lewis Skelly aswell, he loves to compete. He's a player you can't help but notice, even more so than the effortlessly poised Nwaneri. I see no reason to compare them, they're both superstar talents IMO.
Not seen his last couple of games but the 4/5 games I saw of him for England and Arsenal he was playing left wing. Not sure why people keep saying he’s an 8. He’ll be a forward 100%.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Not seen his last couple of games but the 4/5 games I saw of him for England and Arsenal he was playing left wing. Not sure why people keep saying he’s an 8. He’ll be a forward 100%.
He looks like a hybrid of a 10 and 9. Maybe in the future he will develop into a well rounded CF like Jesus, but hopefully with better finishing lol

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Lovely feet and reflexes. Something about him reminds me of 12/13 Cazorla when he was playing more as a wide playmaker, but was still a goal threat. I mentioned Bernardo, but that guy is just too good on the ball and his work rate off it is equally as impressive. Def think Duberry has a chance to make it here, even as an inverted fullback.

Tom349

I think he has the skillset to play in a number of positions and it will ultimately come down to how productive he is in front of goals that decides where he is best suited. Which at this stage I feel very confident in saying his productiveness will translate to the higher level, has the ball striking ability and power that resembles a young Wayne Rooney.

Afro Mugo

Aren't we poised to lose Nwaneri?
I don't think he will leave. Most is just agents doing what they do so that they can get a better pay day for their clients. The only club he may seriously move to is Liverpool and it's not in them to offer hefty contracts to youngsters especially now that they are in some sort of transition in ownership and decision makers. He'll probably stay but I'm almost certain It will go to the wire he'll get a big pay day from the club.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I don't think he will leave. Most is just agents doing what they do so that they can get a better pay day for their clients. The only club he may seriously move to is Liverpool and it's not in them to offer hefty contracts to youngsters especially now that they are in some sort of transition in ownership and decision makers. He'll probably stay but I'm almost certain It will go to the wire he'll get a big pay day from the club.
My thoughts exactly. Most of the noise is exactly that - noise. I'm pretty confident he's staying and will be a firm U21 starter as early as this season. Once likes of Butler-Oyedeji and Sagoe Jr have their loans, he'll be the main man in that team.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Embarrassing score. But outside of 2-3 players the youth players we have are not impressive at all

Afro Mugo

Embarrassing score. But outside of 2-3 players the youth players we have are not impressive at all
I think having the likes of Smith Cottrell and Lewis play doesn't incite any excitement. Anyway, I'm not too focussed on the score line , we played a makeshift team with some young fullbacks against a side that plays men's football regularly. It should serve as a lesson even to the academy staff in how they chose to pick their teams.. this is a game that required a good team and maybe they shouldn't have scheduled the youth cup as close which would have allowed the likes of Walters Sousa ACD play in this game.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
For some reason I’d thought the likes of Cottrell had moved on.

It’s time for us to sell and get fees if we can for these players rather than stockpiling them at the club.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
That's always the case.

A bit weird how we don't prioritize games like this, it would be a proper experience for the boys we plan to keep but the team was full of players that will never play a single game for this club.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
That's always the case.

A bit weird how we don't prioritize games like this, it would be a proper experience for the boys we plan to keep but the team was full of players that will never play a single game for this club.
A good chunk of the main prospects were playing for Wilshere the night before. You have to think the likes of Walters, Sousa, Kacurri, Cozier-Duberry, Nwaneri, Lewis-Skelly and Benjamin would all have started this game were they not playing in the Youth Cup game the night before. That's a huge chunk of the current U21 team.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
A good chunk of the main prospects were playing for Wilshere the night before. You have to think the likes of Walters, Sousa, Kacurri, Cozier-Duberry, Nwaneri, Lewis-Skelly and Benjamin would all have started this game were they not playing in the Youth Cup game the night before. That's a huge chunk of the current U21 team.
Exactly what I'm saying, do they play some local cup or have a go at PSV?

Top Bottom