• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Unpopular Opinion Thread

Stannis

Wengers biggest failure was the Liecster year.

More than anything I want to know if it was just his decision to get cech and no one else. If we got lacazette that year, we would have won the league. Hell even another midfielder

Nothing has shiit me more as an Arsenal fan

Last edited:

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters

More than anything I want to know if it was just his decision to get cech and no one else. If we got lacazette that year, we would have one the league. Hell even another midfielder

I thought it was obvious it was Wenger's decision considering we're one of the wealthiest clubs around. It goes in line with his ''we'll only buy top top quality'' narrative which, I guess, resulted in the fact he thought there wasn't anyone out there that was attainable and would improve us. What a shame, and was a final straw for me. That Summer broke half of AM posters ffs.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I think it can but not short-term. He'd need four or five years and of course, dare i say it, the funding
Wenger suffered because of our underfunding for sure. But Emery has a better chance, because it looks like Chelsea is struggling.

This business with Abramovic’s visa means their funding for players and the stadium is very much on hold and may get significantly reduced. If they drop down the money league that only leaves 3 teams that are outspending us, instead of 4.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I like the new directions of One Direction.

And One Direction grew on me.

That being said, boybands get more appreciaton over time.
May not be as unpopular of an opinion.

I agree

Boybands actually have some talent, girlbands unless you are destinys child not so much (could anyone in Spice girls actually sing, Iirc Sports Spice released some tune that wasnt horrible )

Heck parties with people my age (30-40) weddings and such, Backstreet boys is (not ironically) played and it brings the house down!!!

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out

More than anything I want to know if it was just his decision to get cech and no one else. If we got lacazette that year, we would have won the league. Hell even another midfielder

Agreed.
It was the season that officially placed me in the Wenger out camp.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I thought it was obvious it was Wenger's decision considering we're one of the wealthiest clubs around. It goes in line with his ''we'll only buy top top quality'' narrative which, I guess, resulted in the fact he thought there wasn't anyone out there that was attainable and would improve us. What a shame, and was a final straw for me. That Summer broke half of AM posters ffs.
Don't buy that as we bought Elneny in the January window. We **** the bed that year. Completely. And I don't think it's an unpopular opinion to say that season in the league was a massive failure.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Don't buy that as we bought Elneny in the January window. We **** the bed that year. Completely. And I don't think it's an unpopular opinion to say that season in the league was a massive failure.

Wasn't Elneny bought based on statDNA ie Gazidis' buy?

Bradpiff

Think I said it earlier but the only opinion in this thread should be between 98 and 08 we should have won so so much more, we greatly under achieved.

So many bottle jobs, missed opportunities lack of players brought in it just gets me angry thinking about it.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
We should play Özil in attacking midfield to get the best out of him. Not on the wing and definitely not there just to accommodate Ramsey in AM.
Either Ramsey plays in a deeper position and is told to sit back or he doesn’t play at all

Torreira Ramsey/AMN/DM(Nzonzi?)
Mesut
Mkhi Laca Auba​

Last edited:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Emery is a much better version of Klopp. Both encourage intense pressing but Emery is much better and much more flexible tactically, while his teams are also far better at retaining possession for long periods.

Not sure if this is unpopular but given how overrated Klopp is on here it wouldn't surprise me, some probably think he's the best manager in the league. :lol:

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Jack is going to put on an absolute masterclass when he returns with West Ham August 25th.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Emery is a much better version of Klopp. Both encourage intense pressing but Emery is much better and much more flexible tactically, while his teams are also far better at retaining possession for long periods.

Not sure if this is unpopular but given how overrated Klopp is on here it wouldn't surprise me, some probably think he's the best manager in the league. :lol:
Can’t wait to see how he gets on. The guy is meticulous and tactics will be his forte.

His Achilles heel is the management of players and their egos. It was his undoing at PSG, but I honestly can’t see it being a big problem at Arsenal . . there are no massive characters likely to disrupt the team or make waves if things don’t go quite to plan.

Top Bottom