• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Unpopular Opinion Thread

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Emery is a much better version of Klopp. Both encourage intense pressing but Emery is much better and much more flexible tactically, while his teams are also far better at retaining possession for long periods.

Not sure if this is unpopular but given how overrated Klopp is on here it wouldn't surprise me, some probably think he's the best manager in the league. :lol:

Klopp is most definitely overrated.

Very good manager, no doubt about that, but there remains a lack of detail to his style, specifically addressing the negative aspects of high pressing, which makes Liverpool under perform after all the hype.

It will be interesting to see how they do this year, with the quality additions. The media would make them favourites for the world cup again, but the devil would again be in the detail.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Klopp is most definitely overrated.

Very good manager, no doubt about that, but there remains a lack of detail to his style, specifically addressing the negative aspects of high pressing, which makes Liverpool under perform after all the hype.

It will be interesting to see how they do this year, with the quality additions. The media would make them favourites for the world cup again, but the devil would again be in the detail.
Probably the best Klopp post I have seen to date on here. So absolutely true about the detail. It is for this very reason they smash a top 6 side and then fail miserably against a hard working bottom 6 side (Away).

Does Klopp realising this, bridge that gap between being rated accordingly and his current overrated status in your book?

Zaza

I really think while Wenger approved of Xhaka, Lacazette signings, they weren't his first choice. Players like Paredes, Jorginho, Golovin, Manolas are more Wenger like players and probably his first options.
I don't think he abandoned the technically gifted model of players on purpose.
I'd say he was unlucky with transfers in his later years.

Zaza

Iwobi is a very good young player with great potential.
Iwobi > Richarlison, Coman, and any other hipster young players that gets overhyped. Would be rated higher if he was Brazilian/European

SA Gunner

Probably the best Klopp post I have seen to date on here. So absolutely true about the detail. It is for this very reason they smash a top 6 side and then fail miserably against a hard working bottom 6 side (Away).

Does Klopp realising this, bridge that gap between being rated accordingly and his current overrated status in your book?

Well, their active money moves in the market does suggest that they are trying to address the gaps they have had over the past years. Gaps specifically in the areas of penetrating an opposition low block, defensive quality and now goal keeping ability.

It sets Liverpool up, on paper at least, to have a season where they are far more robust with their game play. Of course the devil remains in the detail, and whether they can convert these new strengths into proper results on the field of play.

To answer your last paragraph Mark. Klopp successfully addressing his current managerial frailties, both on the field and then crossing the line at the end of competitions, would put my doubts over his elite level ability, to bed once and for all.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Well, their active money moves in the market does suggest that they are trying to address the gaps they have had over the past years. Gaps specifically in the areas of penetrating an opposition low block, defensive quality and now goal keeping ability.

It sets Liverpool up, on paper at least, to have a season where they are far more robust with their game play. Of course the devil remains in the detail, and whether they can convert these new strengths into proper results on the field of play.

To answer your last paragraph Mark. Klopp successfully addressing his current managerial frailties, both on the field and then crossing the line at the end of competitions, would put my doubts over his elite level ability, to bed once and for all.
Thanks for the response. You've been fairly quiet on here lately. Hoping it is just because of the offseason.

SA Gunner

Thanks for the response. You've been fairly quiet on here lately. Hoping it is just because of the offseason.

Yes, pretty much the off season that's why :)

I should be back to my usual self once the season begins.

Zaza

Emery is a much better version of Klopp. Both encourage intense pressing but Emery is much better and much more flexible tactically, while his teams are also far better at retaining possession for long periods.

Not sure if this is unpopular but given how overrated Klopp is on here it wouldn't surprise me, some probably think he's the best manager in the league. :lol:
Wenger of 98 - 11 > Klopp any day of the week. Been watching a few of our old games at that period and damn it'll take something very special to beat that.

hyruga2

Leave Theo alone!!!
David de gea is one of the worst keepers to ever play for man utd. He's just an agile shot stopper. A showboat at play altho he appears humble in person.

He's prone to errors. Small and pretty weak. Can't really stop hard pounded shots. Poor at 1 vs 1 because of his small frame. Weak and scared of crosses. Doesn't lead or direct his defenders. Doesn't inspire or give the team confidence. Man utd is unlucky to have him for the past 7-8 years mostly.

As a comparison, Karius and De Gea are both 75, 76 kg and they both have trouble with hard pounded shots.

Kasper Schmeichel and Neuer are about 89 kg and 92 kg. They are very steady and good at claiming crosses.

Last edited:

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
David de gea is one of the worst keepers to ever play for man utd. He's just an agile shot stopper. A showboat at play altho he appears humble in person.

He's prone to errors. Small and pretty weak. Can't really stop hard pounded shots. Poor at 1 vs 1 because of his small frame. Weak and scared of crosses. Doesn't lead or direct his defenders. Doesn't inspire or give the team confidence. Man utd is unlucky to have him for the past 7-8 years mostly.

As a comparison, Karius and De Gea are both 75, 76 kg and they both have trouble with hard pounded shots.

Kasper Schmeichel and Neuer are about 89 kg and 92 kg. They are very steady and good at claiming crosses.

How's you boy Theo Walcott doing?

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Iwobi is a very good young player with great potential.
Iwobi > Richarlison, Coman, and any other hipster young players that gets overhyped. Would be rated higher if he was Brazilian/European
This 100%. Still needs to produce though. He's too raw.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Jermaine Pennant got far in football, considering the start and upbringing in life that he had.
Agree, he did pretty well for himself in the end. He can even say he was a Champions League finalist. I only remember because he actually played quite good in that final, even though Liverpool lost.

He was the first youth player that I really rooted for when I was younger. I remember being so hyped after his hattrick v Southampton.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
For all the talk of attacking football at Arsenal, Wenger teams since the Invincibles under performed in terms of scoring in the PL. They were outscored in seven of the thirteen seasons since by Chelsea and/or Man United.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
For all the talk of attacking football at Arsenal, Wenger teams since the Invincibles under performed in terms of scoring in the PL. They were outscored in seven of the thirteen seasons since by Chelsea and/or Man United.
How many times was he outscored by teams spending the same or less than him? That’s the thing :lol:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
How many times was he outscored by teams spending the same or less than him? That’s the thing :lol:
Everyone criticised Chelsea (and later Ferguson) for being pragmatic yet they outscored Arsenal in 7 of 13 seasons. You'd hope the team would be hitting the high 70's in goals at least to justify such an attacking approach.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Everyone criticised Chelsea (and later Ferguson) for being pragmatic yet they outscored Arsenal in 7 of 13 seasons. You'd hope the team would be hitting the high 70's in goals at least to justify such an attacking approach.
You play to your means is what AG is trying to get across here. Diud we play within our means?

Top Bottom