The Unpopular Football Opinion Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Aevi, Mar 6, 2018.

1. ashlyn

ashlyn New Member

Hazard is overrated & isn’t world class

2. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Look at me look at me, I'm so controversial.
    I seriously doubt either of you actually believe any of the nonsense you just wrote.

fransgooner, Stannis and Jae like this.
  3. Song Billong

Song Billong Well-Known Member

Yes, baffling opinions to say the least.

4. YeahBee

YeahBee Terrible hot takes

Cazorla is massivly overrated
    The way people reminisce and want a new guy in that mold is unfathomable
    He brought no leaguetitles Nor Cl

Monreal may be consistent but consistently underwhelming

Xhaka is great
    Ramsey is the soul of our team

Mustafi gets unfair criticism

Bellerin when he irons out a few kinks will be our Cafu

Iwobi will be ace

Laca>Auba
    Prefer strength over pace, Laca will be more useful for the team in the long run

5. Mark Tobias

What kind of ridiculous logic is this? Won us no titles thus he is ****e? What the actual fvck is going on in this forum.

fransgooner and Ricardinho like this.
  6. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

West ham will finish in the bottom 6.

Pogba is a freak of nature and the only reason I don't rate him is because he plays for United/Mourinho.

7. grange

grange Well-Known Member

Hazard is definitely overrated but I didn't believe that it was an unpopular opinion.

8. YeahBee

Great players win

The constant overpraise is redonk

"we were so much better" way back with Cazorla yadayadayada

Dont get me wrong, he was good to great But people talk about him as he was Zidane
    Heck he wasnt even Cesc

Doesnt matter how nifty he was, he was never gonna be a PL winner as a CM, nit athletic enough

He was the culmination of wengeritis
    That so many posters still show syndromes of. There is more in football than The small technical playmaker...

9. Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

Some posters need to learn the difference between unpopular opinions and WRONG opinions :lol:

10. SpookyDukey

SpookyDukey Member

Letting Lassana Diarra slip through our fingers in 2007/2008 was borderline treason and it will haunt me eternally with all the what if's.

fransgooner and Mitch like this.
  11. YeahBee

Every great thinker was questioned and stood alone at first

Especially when the opinion goes against the grain .

People like the circlejerk thing, both here and in society

Jae likes this.
  12. halfvolley

halfvolley Well-Known Member

You're just ahead of your time mate. Nobody here can fully grasp the extent of your genius. In future generations, people will all talk about how terrible and overrated Cazorla was, and you will finally have your rightful place in the history books alongside Galileo and Einstein.

13. YeahBee

Just proclaim your everlasting faith in me and you can be an aposthel ;)

It is never to late to turn to the Light side

14. tcahill

tcahill Well-Known Member

Monreal had an average season, that was only masked by chipping in some goals. Relying on him as our starting LB this season is a mistake.

15. hyruga2

hyruga2 Leave Theo alone!!!

I am not trolling.

Ddg is really just an agile shot stopper. His other attributes still need improvement Eg motivating his team, organising his defence, claiming cross, body block (He's too small at 76 kg compared to Neuer at 93 kg), strength (often lose grip on ball), positioning, decision making, winning attitude(Kasper Schmeichel has a far stronger winning mentality and compsure)

16. ashlyn

ashlyn New Member

for me hazard is too inconsistent and doesn't score enough goals to be world class , and also i've seen alot of people saying he's as good or better than neymar which just isn't true he's more around dybala's level when he's in form so he's overrated

17. Ricardinho

Ricardinho La Liga Correspondent

It's baffling how someone can have such a dislike for a player of santis quality that they use that as a stick to beat him with.

Mark Tobias likes this.
  18. Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

He walks into pretty much any team in the world mate. Not saying he's Neymar, Ronaldo or Messi level but he's a clear cut above the rest.

19. Mark Tobias

Considering his first season in the league and the fact he is only 27 (a baby for a keeper) he has improved substantially. You're going agiants some of the top keepers in the world by spewing this rubbish. Seaman even recently complimented the spaniard saying he adjusted perfectly for this league inspite of his obvious flaws the first season.

20. hyruga2

hyruga2 Leave Theo alone!!!

Dude, this is my unpopular opinion. You or top goalkeepers don't have to agree.

I believe man united would be better off with a leader like Kasper Schmeichel than ddg who is just a keeper with good reflexes.

Just like how Spain is much better off with Casilas than with ddg. Sergio Romero also won the Europa cup with Man united.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018