• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Unpopular Opinion Thread

vijay

Hates Guendouzi for no reason
Just play 3 of your best attackers in front of, and 6 of your best defenders behind Özil.

And its great if a striker can press, but firstly he should be able to score.
Its great if a defender can play out of the back, but firstly he should be able to defend

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Can't find that (borderline *) comment about how Hazard is a nothing player. Wow, probably the dumbest attention seeking comment we've seen in this thread. And that's something!

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I think I've got an actual unpopular opinion or at least half of one.

Considering the high line we're playing we should've kept Gabriel.

But it comes with the following caveat;

Instead of Mustafi
Don't think on his current performances this is so unpopular..

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Don't think on his current performances this is so unpopular..

Lol true :(

I think ideally we would've sold both and bought someone like a Van Dijk.

But without the proper defence/defenders the high line is ****.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Lol true :(

I think ideally we would've sold both and bought someone like a Van Dijk.

But without the proper defence/defenders the high line is ****.
Maybe in fantasy land. In the real world we weren't even in for him as we were priced out on first call.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Maybe in fantasy land. In the real world we weren't even in for him as we were priced out on first call.

Very true, I think Van Dijk is too ambitious. But from the 30m or so we would've gotten for both I do wish we would've added another 20m and looked for proper decent defender.

We don't even need someone spectacular per say, they just need to do the basics correctly and not be slow as a log.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
its great if a striker can press, but firstly he should be able to score.
Its great if a defender can play out of the back, but firstly he should be able to defend

Is it you, Jose? :lol:

Nothing against you, but that's a very simplistic view. Pressing is a way to create scoring chances. As playing out from the back is a means of defending.

vijay

Is it you, Jose? :lol:

Nothing against you, but that's a very simplistic view. Pressing is a way to create scoring chances. As playing out from the back is a means of defending.

hehe....first put away sitters, and defend a simple ball over the top......fancy dans

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
hehe....first put away sitters, and defend a simple ball over the top......fancy dans
You don't put away sitters if you don't create. Simple ball over the top? You do know that's still one of the most dangerous balls you can play, right?

Pressing and playing out from the back is fancy? Why dont you mail Big Sam and see if he wants to chat with you a bit. You both seem to have the same taste for football.

vijay

You don't put away sitters if you don't create. Simple ball over the top? You do know that's still one of the most dangerous balls you can play, right?

Pressing and playing out from the back is fancy? Why dont you mail Big Sam and see if he wants to chat with you a bit. You both seem to have the same taste for football.
....thats why this is the unpopular opinion thread....please go and pick on someone in some some other thread....

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
IF we are to play just 2cms in a 4231

Most concern should be given to their defensive skills , offensive skills are just a bonus, in todays football you cant get away with sticking a player in CM for his offensive skills

To me that is Xhaka/Torreira partnership

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I even think Xhaka could play CB

He is strong, good positionally and tall and can head

He gets criticized for not being fast or mobile but he would be mobile for a CB and his longrange game could be utilized from CB to

And is more of a leader than what we got. Atleast until Sok gets warm in his clothes

misko

Aubameyang is a good scorer, not really a good central forward, our aim this season is to finish in the Top 4, not help Auba to finish golden boot and we are simply better with Lacazette on the pitch.
He was a great goalscorer...in Bundesliga, not really impressive, I don't see why people talks about him as a top player. At this moment, he have to play as left winger, but the competition with Iwobi will be tough though :lol:

Top Bottom