• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Unpopular Opinion Thread

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

? Chamakh was class in the first few months of 10/11, scored some nice goals and was a great target man for Wilshere/Fabregas/Nasri/Rosicky/Arshavin whenever they played with him. His issue was a combination of being consigned to the bench when RVP was back fit and some real problems off the pitch, but there was actually a debate among fans at the time about whether Robin would get back into the side ahead of him.

Yup the offield stuff did Chamakh in . Very good player especially for what we paid .

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
I think he's safe for now as most of us do appreciate that results have been much better than performances...

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
So my support of Xhaka is so unpopular that his whole thread got canned?

@Mark Tobias did we argue so hard we broke the internet? Or did someone else come in and post something?

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I think he's safe for now as most of us do appreciate that results have been much better than performances...

Interesting but I haven't seen anything to suggest we can't keep scoring goals at this rate particularly since there is plenty of upside to come from this team .

The other point that shapes the current stats we also have a striker who historically distinctly averages less shots on goal than other top strikers but whose conversion rate is extremely high .

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Interesting but I haven't seen anything to suggest we can't keep scoring goals at this rate particularly since there is plenty of upside to come from this team .

The other point that shapes the current stats we also have a striker who historically distinctly averages less shots on goal than other top strikers but whose conversion rate is extremely high .

Our shot conversion has been 25%, that’s just not sustainable. We also allow the opposition far too many shots. Over the course of a season, if we were to continue playing like we are, it follows that we’ll score fewer and concede more goals than needed for a title challenge.

I think if we improve we can challenge for top 4, but our results have flattered us somewhat, can’t argue with that.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Our shot conversion has been 25%, that’s just not sustainable. We also allow the opposition far too many shots. Over the course of a season, if we were to continue playing like we are, it follows that we’ll score fewer and concede more goals than needed for a title challenge.

I think if we improve we can challenge for top 4, but our results have flattered us somewhat, can’t argue with that.

Yeah look well aware of the stat and I have been watching , defensively we need to tighten but I think we have slowly. As for 25 percent not concerned , have watched Laca , Auba , Iwobi , Ramsey miss numerous sitters , absolute sitters , we could easily have been sitting on 30 percent . It is the nature of lacazette and Aubameyang though they are World Class strikers only natural they have high efficiency .

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Yeah look well aware of the stat and I have been watching , defensively we need to tighten but I think we have slowly. As for 25 percent not concerned , have watched Laca , Auba , Iwobi , Ramsey miss numerous sitters , absolute sitters , we could easily have been sitting on 30 percent . It is the nature of lacazette and Aubameyang though they are World Class strikers only natural they have high efficiency .

I don’t think that’s how it works though. Take Auba, our best goal scorer, he’s scored a lot of goals in his career because he has a lot of shots as a result of his ability to fashion chances, not because he has a high conversion rate. 25% is nowhere near sustainable, we’re gonna have to create more chances if we want to continue scoring at this current rate.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Look I honestly don't see the chances those guys have taken as difficult or one offs , sure we need to fashion more chances but that's well in the locker of this team .

It's more relevant to take Lacazette who has been our mainstay since Cardiff and he always has had a low shot , high conversion rate , we'll just have to see what arises in the coming weeks .

Last edited:
Top Bottom