The Unpopular Football Opinion Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Aevi, Mar 6, 2018.

1. irishgunnerz

irishgunnerz Moderator Moderator

Except you're forgetting players are human and not automatons. They use social media, they check out what fans think of them and they react to constant negativity in the same way as we would. Hell if I got booed every time I went to the office I know how I'd react.

Need to remember they would have known about the abuse he and his wife were getting online. Not to mention by all accounts he was always the one trying to rally the team behind the scenes after a poor performance so when he was getting booed obviously were shocked and disgusted by it.

We complain when there is no team spirit or bond and then complain when players do actually support their teammates. It's ridiculous.

Fans who supposedly are meant to roar on their own proved themselves at their loudest when booing. It's depressing.

They call others snowflakes for complaining and that they should man-up and perform while they themselves spend vast amounts of time on social media....complaining.

The supreme irony was when Xhaka reacted comparatively mildly to the booing and the abuse... and the ones booing got offended. Now if that isn't the very definition of a snowflake..

I've been an Arsenal fan for over 30 years but even I think some of our fans should have their Internet access cut and forbidden from setting foot outside their house on match days. They're fair weather fans, quick to support (quietly!) when we're doing well and quick to savage players (loudly!) when we lose.

If you were a player either playing for the club or a player considering joining the club, the toxic atmosphere contributed to by some fans is hardly going to convince you to take a chance on us. I mean that's hardly rocket science....

tcahill, krengon and Manberg like this.
  2. North5

North5 Here since 2009. Still no custom title.

Maitland Niles is a good player.

Declan Rice is going to be class.

3. Jackie_Treehorn

Jackie_Treehorn Well-Known Member

I share your unpopular opinion of AMN. He's been asked to do a lot in his youth. "Hey lad, I know you're only 19 and a central midfielder...but how about trying out RB. It's only the league cup...but now how about trying it out in the PL? Now back to CM, surrounded by guys who constantly run out of position. Now back to RB..."

I'm very interested in how Arteta's coaching will affect him.

4. DJ_Markstar

DJ_Markstar Well-Known Member

Personally think M-N has looked far better and more natural at RB than when he's played centrally. Good player for sure, but don't think he quite has the same natural feel in CM as when he's played at RB.

5. Flying Okapis

Flying Okapis Well-Known Member

The club should be actively looking to sell Bellerin when fit, average RB with pace, injury prone and hasn't progressed enough.

Put him in the shop window and hope to get a decent fee in my opinion.

6. goonerfamily

goonerfamily Active Member

If we kept Monreal and Koscielny this season, we would be closer to the top 4. They were old and past it but more consistent and way less error prone than the duds in our defence.

Eaststander74 and irishgunnerz like this.
  7. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Nelson has become underrated now, and has not been bad this season.

Riou, OmegaOs and shootxhakashoot like this.
  8. goonerfamily

Aubameyang is our second worst starting striker since Wenger took over in 1996. He's a pure goal scorer but a very mediocre footballer. Only Giroud is worse for me.

9. GoonerJeeves

GoonerJeeves Up The Terriers

Monreal has been very good for Sociedad. They have a good side though this year.

10. goonerfamily

Our best LB since Cole. Very underrated, the left sided Sagna.

Mrs Bergkamp, lufere7, Ash10 and 3 others like this.
  11. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Well-Known Member

Monreal is my top 5 Arsenal players of the decade.

Mrs Bergkamp and El Granit-Coq like this.
  12. Ash10

Ash10 Jury Lite

Gabriel Jesus is an atrocious player who's somehow playing for great sides like Man City & Brasil.

13. Riou

Riou Nostalgia Merchant

This is our best shirt of the 2010s

[​IMG]

Is this an unpopular opinion...or is everyone right, and agrees with me ;)

American_Gooner and irishgunnerz like this.
  14. Kevin Keegan

Kevin Keegan New Member

Iwobi would have been ideal for this season.

haha Thank God Freddie is not the HC.

15. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant

It's v neck so could never be a top kit

V-necks are for guys that wear three quarter length shorts, gel in their hair and Lonsdale trainers

Fewtch likes this.
  16. Riou

Riou Nostalgia Merchant

[​IMG]

Do you not like any shirt with a V neck...even this one?

17. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant

Nope, horrendous. Yes it has emotional, special memories attached but looking objectively at is as a garment it's hideous

18. Riou

Riou Nostalgia Merchant

I love this shirt, probably the one I wear the most...don't mind showing of a little neck myself...

The ladies love it ;)

One lady loves it...

My mum...

I am so lonely... :(

19. freeglennhelder2

freeglennhelder2 Well-Known Member

Solution for the eternal Laca/Auba conundrum:

Make it clear to each player that he will only play for one half and be substituted for the other every game. The idea is that they expend all their energy (aka run around like a lunatic) and put in 2x the effort of any other player.

We call it “Doing a Sanchez”

20. Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Dennis_Bergkamp_10 Well-Known Member

No. Sell the fat one.

BigPoppaPump likes this.