The Unpopular Football Opinion Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Aevi, Mar 6, 2018.

1. El Granit-Coq

El Granit-Coq Well-Known Member

I feel personally attacked by this post :lol:

Dont understand why AM doesn't have a meetup group.

Tbf, we'd probably all bottle each other over a disagreement about Özil.

Eaststander74 and Riou like this.
  2. Ash10

Ash10 Jury Lite

Pep Guardiola is the luckiest man in football history while also being the biggest fraud in football history.... But then again, not really an unpopular opinion

3. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

Biggest fraud is probably over the top, but it would be interesting to see what his cv would be like without Messi and with the introduction of V.A.R.

He's been brilliant in the premier league, but seems unable to deal with pressure this year.

4. SA Gunner

SA Gunner Prediction Pool King Trusted

I wonder how those who call Guardiola the biggest fraud in football, would evaluate Arteta’s management ideas.

say yes likes this.
  5. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

The question isn't over Pep's philosophy it's about him always walking into ready made environments with hundreds of millions to spend. Arteta is testing himself in a way that Pep never has - he's taking over a broken Arsenal team, which is short on money.

I rate Pep but the greatest of all time shouts are wild.

6. SA Gunner

When Arsène was dominating in English football, who was his rival? And why was he his rival?

Also what happened when Roman, the City sheiks later joined in?

What is my point? It’s that whereas we don’t like clubs with money... money is needed to get success.

7. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Well-Known Member

@Makingtrax look at this insanity.

SA Gunner likes this.
  8. Ash10

Ash10 Jury Lite

City started employing the backroom staff the baldy would want 3-4 years before he joined them. City had one of the best squads in the league when he joined & spent a country's yearly budget after he joined to make sure they had zero competition. They were gonna win regardless but the media worshipped baldy even though they failed every year in UCL. The moment Liverpool arrived they started to crumble just like his every other stint. Last night was just another display of his true management skills, blew a 2-0 lead. It’s like everything needs to be easy for him to get the job done
    It was almost impossible for him to not be 'brilliant' in the premier league as he was handed everything.

9. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

Sean Dyche >>>>>Howe. The two aren't even comparable.

Wilder definitely > Howe, but I need to see more evidence before I can say he's better than Dyche, but signs are promising.

10. shootxhakashoot

shootxhakashoot Özil lives rent-free in my head

Being English, I like and relate to Harry Kane more than the majority of our current squad.

11. Riou

Riou Nostalgia Merchant

[​IMG]

Furious, SA Gunner, tcahill and 9 others like this.
  12. shootxhakashoot

We have spooged loads of money though and are one of the richest clubs in the Premier league so what does that tell us?

13. say yes

say yes To Sweet Soulful House Music

Raul and co were right to take their time replacing Emery.

Changing manager mid-season should never be done lightly, and it was better to get the correct manager in than a quick manager in.

14. SA Gunner

That a combination of quality management and money are the elements of the successful equation. I'd argue that its more favoured towards money but your point proves that you need to be a proper manager as well.

15. SA Gunner

Very very early doors but it looks as though we may be onto something with Arteta. Lets hope that our club, both inside and out, can have the smarts, patience and resolve to build and that Arteta is the man who can lead us forward.

El Granit-Coq and Riou like this.
  16. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Well-Known Member

Arteta is in over his head here, I don’t see him getting us back into the CL. Although Chelsea and United have inexperienced managers too we don’t have their money.

17. Eaststander74

Eaststander74 Jury Lite II

Better to be able to relate than to be a relation.

18. shootxhakashoot

Quite, I wouldn't care where someone comes from though if they show the right attitude and perform at the highest level. Kane is a diving, muppet looking, Beckham like speaking Sp**s player but when he plays for England and scores for us, funnily enough I couldn't give a **** about any of that and he does it quite successfully, even in world cups.

CaseUteinberger likes this.
  19. shootxhakashoot

Bou
    Bournemouth just been played off the park by Brighton. Fear we are going to take some absolute batterings for the rest of the year starting tomorrow. Taking a break from arsenal now, had enough after 30 years.

BigPoppaPump likes this.
  20. CaseUteinberger

CaseUteinberger Cazorla (not Carzola ffs)

The more I look at the league table the more I think we might end up in a relegation battle.