• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Unpopular Opinion Thread

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I stated earlier that "2008 might have been a bit harsch", after Makingtrax confronted me, as i thought that it probably was too harsh. So to answer your question: No i did not say that.
I don’t think I’m known for confronting anybody on here. Over the top banter, stupid jokes or defending Wenger to the hilt . . guilty. But confrontation never.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
I don’t think I’m known for confronting anybody on here. Over the top banter, stupid jokes or defending Wenger to the hilt . . guilty. But confrontation never.
Questioning My statement then? Whatever you wanna call it

Gamefaced

This manager change should've happened 2008. By that time it should've been obvious that football changed and Wengers way of football was past it.
2008 a bit too soon, but a year later in 2009, that was it for me. That was the year I knew for sure that Wenger had had his time.

Zaza

This manager change should've happened 2008. By that time it should've been obvious that football changed and Wengers way of football was past it.
Arséne Wenger was still one of the best coaches in the game back in 08. He lost it after the 10/11 season.
Should've never abandoned our possession style of play.

scytheavatar

Established Member
The 2010/2011 team played better football than Pep's city. I think if that team was kept intact for 2 more seasons, we would've won the league and challenged for the ucl

You are crazy, 2010/11 was one of the most shameful season in Wenger's era until recently, and the first season in which I could say we turned into Sp**s. Lots of historically shameful performances that season, especially Newcastle coming back from 0-4 to draw 4-4 and the dumb last minute penalty vs Liverpool. Lots of players in that team no longer wanted to play for us, and Wenger did the right thing in replacing all of them.

Zaza

You are crazy, 2010/11 was one of the most shameful season in Wenger's era until recently, and the first season in which I could say we turned into Sp**s. Lots of historically shameful performances that season, especially Newcastle coming back from 0-4 to draw 4-4 and the dumb last minute penalty vs Liverpool. Lots of players in that team no longer wanted to play for us, and Wenger did the right thing in replacing all of them.
Shameful how?? We played great football and RVP was on fire for the little time he combined with Cesc. Let's not forget that Cesc - Wilshere - Song midfield with Nasri - RVP - Theo/Arshavin. Yes we choked but if we had added Arteta and Per to that Squad we would've won the league the next season

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Doesn’t matter how many managers come and go at Arsenal. There’ll always be a parallel Wenger thread on AM somewhere where people are arguing about him. :lol:

That’s because his exciting football touched so many people, and at the same time disappointed others because he didn’t win even more.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Doesn’t matter how many managers come and go at Arsenal. There’ll always be a parallel Wenger thread on AM somewhere where people are arguing about him. :lol:

That’s because his exciting football touched so many people, and at the same time disappointed others because he didn’t win even more.
Will get even worse if we suddenly shoot up the table to success...

Zaza

Nicklas Bendtner was more talented than Giroud and Chamakh. It was a mistake to get Chamakh after the form Bendtner showed towards the end of the 09/10 season.
A fit and inform Diaby > Wilshere
Ox wasn't properly utilized by Wenger. Would've been superb in the 4-3-3 we played towards the end of the season.
RVP had more talent than Henry imo. Injuries ruined him
Hleb > Santi

Zaza

We got the wrong version of Özil. The Werder Bremen version would've been moulded to a much better player.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Will get even worse if we suddenly shoot up the table to success...
It would be fantastic if Emery could bring back the glory days. EPL title, an invincibles year even. People no longer mocking that top 4 is Arsenal’s trophy.

Do you think it can happen?

Last edited:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Wasn’t that comeback caused by Diaby reacting to that sh*thouse tackle from Barton?

We were robbed against Barca, would have put them out if RVP stayed on. They were the most dominant club team ever and we nearly dumped them out.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
It would be fantastic if Emery could bring back the glory days. EPL title, an invincibles year even. People no longer mocking that top 4 is Arsenal’s trophy.

Do you think it can happen?
I think it can but not short-term. He'd need four or five years and of course, dare i say it, the funding

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Nicklas Bendtner was more talented than Giroud and Chamakh. It was a mistake to get Chamakh after the form Bendtner showed towards the end of the 09/10 season.
A fit and inform Diaby > Wilshere
Ox wasn't properly utilized by Wenger. Would've been superb in the 4-3-3 we played towards the end of the season.
RVP had more talent than Henry imo. Injuries ruined him
Hleb > Santi
Where is Bendtner again? Please remind me how great dane is. I'll give you CHamack but better than Giroud? WTF are you smoking.

Top Bottom