• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Unpopular Opinion Thread

HBL

Established Member
Anyone that thinks Ospina is potential number 1 material cannot be trusted.

Tom349

The majority of our players in defence and midfield are actually trash and no new manager is going to suddenly fix them. Some will improve and yet still be flawed while others will continue to be no good.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I'm gonna say it: we're not by far the greatest team the world has ever seen.

We're a big club; the 3rd biggest in England. But we're not Real Madrid or Bayern Munich. Historically we've had periods of success and periods of relative mediocrity, as have the majority of other big clubs. This current period is painful and avoidable, but it's not outlandish to say that it's been due.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Shredding/epic guitar solos are cool and should be brought back to popular music. Playing fast is not boring and tasteless by default (it can be but only when done by tasteless non-musical robotic ****s)

Reiss Nelson is overhyped

We will win the Europa League and Wenger will be our manager next season

Ramsey is better than Wilshere

Bellerin has been our best defender this season.

We should have tried to sell Lacazette instead of Giroud.

I was hoping for more youngsters to get chances.

And the rest of Hydros opinions.

Linson

Unpopular opinion;

1. Wilshere should be club captain (desire, skill and arsenal through and through).
2. Mustafi and Chambers are underrated
3. Özil is overrated
4. Wenger has mismanaged this club for years and has been one of the luckiest managers ever.
5. Arsenal don't deserve top 4
6. We've been arrogant to think we could get away with such outrageous mismanagement for so long
7. Cazorla is our best player

Wow, I feel better already

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
1- Wilshere is the most overrated player in England.
2- Just as respect is earned it is lost, respect must also mutual otherwise it is servility. I'll learn to respect Wenger again when he learns to respect the fans.

Last edited:

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Wenger's best work at this club was from 06-11 not 98-04.. He was working miracles during that time, but never was appreciated for it and probably never will be..

I disagree with the notion that the early Wenger teams were full of great leaders and warriors, they were mentally weak and bottlers. Their success was due to the quality of the players and other factors, not their mental fortitude.
Expanding on that point, Arsenal gifted Manu the treble in 98/99. Bergkamp choked on the pen in the fa cup, and Leeds scored a 90 min goal that cost us the Pl title. They then bottled an 8 point lead with 9 games to go in 02/03, throwing away a 2 goal lead to bolton, then losing to a **** Leeds team at home to cost them the title.. Invincibles should have won the treble, They also crumbled when Manu ended our unbeaten run, winning only 1 of the next 5. Mentally they were no better than the emirates era teams and if they really were these tough amazing leaders that people like to view them as, we realistically could have had 5 pl titles and 1 cl during that period.

I will always back a current player over a former legend if I feel they are being unfairly targeted/criticised. This "They are legends, they have every right to say whatever they want" is nonsense imo.

Altsu

- Wilshere or Ramsey needs to leave after the season. Prefereably Wilshere

- Xhaka is major reason for current demise

- Sp**s will finish higher in the league than Arsenal for next 5 years

- None of our youngsters will make the team

- Iwobi is not good enough

- Players should get lot more criticism than they are currently

sil007

- Koscielny is the worst Arsenal captain in my lifetime

- Iwobi so rubbish , dribbling dribbling dribbling without substance

- Give Mavropanos playing time , he will become good

- If he can improve under new manager , Xhaka is captain material