• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Unpopular Opinion Thread

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
šŸ

View attachment 3086

433FB09100000578-4789086-The_Frenchman_dressed_in_all_yellow_as_he_shared_footage_of_hims-a-6_1502727559721.jpg
NINTCHDBPICT000436743787.jpg
For someone who likes to keep up-to-date with the ever-changing world of hip-hop, I can't believe I've never seen that pic of 6ix9ine and Ribery before.

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
I know of other factors that came into play. I would have kept with George Graham. It was like the Scottish Dynasty. Alex Ferguson, George Graham and Kenny Dalglesh. We had the defence, if Bruce Rioch hadn't had taken over, would George have signed Bergkamp and Platt, or Kiyomia and Helder?
Ian Wright said that he lost respect for Rioch. We did improve with Bergkamp and Platt in the Team. Difficult to say how long George Graham could have carried on for. Would Wenger have been snapped up by someone else? Wenger was pretty much unknown managing a Team in Japan at the time.

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
Arsenal should have given Ashley Cole the Contract that he wanted. It would have stopped him from nearly driving off the road. The following season when he left, we moved to the Emirates Stadium. This move was in order for us to get larger crowds, and compete with other Clubs.
Ashley went onto do well at Chelsea. He could have been the next Tony Adams, (One Club Player, Club Captain).

dashsnow17

Doesnā€™t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ā­
We're buried behind them anyway, and we will never get up to that level again for quite a long while, tbh.

I don't see what good the Emirates has done, it's crippled us as a competitive team and made us a bit of a joke really.

If we stayed at Highbury, who knows how it would have worked out...as I said, maybe we don't end up in Stan's hands either.

Staying at Highbury wouldn't have stopped Chelsea and Man City getting rich. We were just a bit unfortunate with the timing of it all tbh. Also unfortunate in that Highbury wasn't expandable in the same way Anfield has been. It was by far the most beautiful stadium in England, architecturally speaking. If it could have been expanded to 50,000 like Anfield everyone would want that.

But the Emirates wasn't the reason for our decline, our decline has happened because of a lack of care from the owners and a lack of smart decisions by the people in charge. The Emirates is actually a safety net in that sense, without it we'd be in an even more dire position.

GDeepā„¢

League is very weak
People talking about Highbury again, use you brains sometimes, imagine having the smallest ground in the PL? Emirates is what every ambitious club do, things out of our hands killed us - oil money.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Arsenal should have given Ashley Cole the Contract that he wanted. It would have stopped him from nearly driving off the road. The following season when he left, we moved to the Emirates Stadium. This move was in order for us to get larger crowds, and compete with other Clubs.
Ashley went onto do well at Chelsea. He could have been the next Tony Adams, (One Club Player, Club Captain).
Whatever we offered Ashley Chelsea would've just offered 20k more for him and his agent. They were spending grotesquely and no one could compete with their money. I wish people would stop acting like we could do what Chelsea does we don't have a billion given to us for free and 250 mill pumped in every time you have trouble spending.

bingobob

A-Mā€™s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ā­

Two back to back midtable finishes donā€™t lie. Shocking football, barely creating chances.

Nobody thinks weā€™re Sheffield Utd or something either, but we are miles off the elite.
Finished 6 points off the top 4. Got to another European semi final. We aren't far off.

BigPoppaPump

Finished 6 points off the top 4. Got to another European semi final. We aren't far off.
This is like below the bare minimum, the Europa league is dogsh*t we should have won it by now and 6 points off top 4 isn't good we still finished 8th. Arteta still has a lot to prove and I don't think he has it in him, in way over his head.

bingobob

Trusted ā­

This is like below the bare minimum, the Europa league is dogsh*t we should have won it by now and 6 points off top 4 isn't good we still finished 8th. Arteta still has a lot to prove and I don't think he has it in him, in way over his head.
Suppose that's the point. It was a disappointing season we are below where we want to be but we aren't as far off as that suggests. 6 points, win 2 more games and we were in the CL. Get a new forward in and a competent right back we will move forward.

It's an unpopular opinion but 6 points isn't 20 points. It's a small amount to overcome even if we fell below expected standards.

GDeepā„¢

League is very weak
We were miles off, we were midtable nearly all season, on course for maybe our worst ever. Out of the FA Cup in Jan/Feb, didnā€™t score a an open play goal against Villarreal.

All this despite it being a weaker season. If you want to look at it in simpler terms, we finished 8th, won a cup and qualified for Europe last season. None of that this season, other than a late push for 8 after the heat was off.

BigPoppaPump

Suppose that's the point. It was a disappointing season we are below where we want to be but we aren't as far off as that suggests. 6 points, win 2 more games and we were in the CL. Get a new forward in and a competent right back we will move forward.

It's an unpopular opinion but 6 points isn't 20 points. It's a small amount to overcome even if we fell below expected standards.
But if you take it into context like others said we were terrible most of the season playing dogsh*t football with an amateur manager. I don't really have faith in Arteta turning it around.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
I see a trend of the use of unpopular opinions in a way to legitimize pretty ghastly world views. Not here but in a more broad social media context

bingobob

Trusted ā­

But if you take it into context like others said we were terrible most of the season playing dogsh*t football with an amateur manager. I don't really have faith in Arteta turning it around.
Precisely the point. We were terrible, dog ****, amateur, unsettled in our line ups. All those factors and we still ended up just 6 points off.

A few tweaks, hopefully a striker that thrives on crosses and we bridge that gap. We aren't as bad as people make out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom