• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Unpopular Opinion Thread

Iceman10

Established Member
I'm actually not that bothered who we sign this summer as long as Arteta/Edu spend big. That way they won't have any excuses. Either there will be success or they finally will be gone by December. Monetarily there will be damage, but it could also mean the Kroenke's become more open to a sale. For now we are still a big enough club with a big enough global fanbase to rebound. In 3-5 years if this cancer of mediocrity continues though the situation could become irretrievable.

For this reason I'm going to try to avoid making a big song and dance about the signings... and yes, if the signings work out well, despite whatever scepticism, I will give credit where it is due. It's going to be about the results.

When Arsène signed players building up to the Invincibles fans hardly knew most of the players coming in. I don't mind going back to that in the future when there is more trust and we all can be less on edge, but it is going to require the right personnel at the club. Right now we have low opinions of Arteta, Edu, Vinai, Kroenke's, and they have it all to prove regarding themselves.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I don’t like International football in general.

In club football, the players are practicing together, learning the same tactical system day in day out. The players will have better teamwork and understanding of each other. They are also going to execute the tactical instructions more accurately. So the football is better.

However, in international football. The players would only play together once in a while. And they would not be as familiar to the tactical system as in club football. Therefore in general, there are less teamwork or build up play in international football. From my experience watching international football over the years, most of the goals are scored by long shots instead of working the ball into the box. There are more long balls to be played rather than making beautiful entertaining teamwork short passes. They are just less enjoyable to watch.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I don’t like International football in general.

In club football, the players are practicing together, learning the same tactical system day in day out. The players will have better teamwork and understanding of each other. They are also going to execute the tactical instructions more accurately. So the football is better.

However, in international football. The players would only play together once in a while. And they would not be as familiar to the tactical system as in club football. Therefore in general, there are less teamwork or build up play in international football. From my experience watching international football over the years, most of the goals are scored by long shots instead of working the ball into the box. There are more long balls to be played rather than making beautiful entertaining teamwork short passes. They are just less enjoyable to watch.
Completely agree and I've said the same. You do get exceptions as always, but yeah it's highly reliant on individual quality.

The fans make it what it is I think, but I personally don't really care for it.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
International football, is something I feel is much more enjoyable when you are younger.

When you get off from school in the summer, it's pretty cool to have a couple months doing whatever you want, and have a big international tournament to watch...especially since as an Arsenal fan growing up, plenty of our players were usually playing, so you could get attached to teams.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Beckham was much better than people give him credit for. I rate him higher than Scholes and Giggs. Who for some reason got rated more highly the older they got.

If there was one player from our academy that deserved a Ballon d'Or, it was Beckham in the treble-winning season. He was robbed of that. I don't think any of the others even touch Beckham at his peak for us.

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
I always thought Andrei Kanchelskis was better than Ryan Giggs. Always wished that we had signed Kanchelskis. Have Limpar on the left and Kanchelskis on the right. Feeding Ian Wright up front.

Iceman10

Established Member
Arsenal fans in A-M going on about Harry Maguire and his transfer fee is kind of symptomatic of why we are where we are to a point. You identify your player, value leadership as important also, understand the importance of getting the spine right, and pay the money. It can often end up more expensive not doing it this way, buying "promising" players who do not work out and depreciate, along with lost revenues being out of the CL.

@Juan Matas Beard

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Arsenal fans in A-M going on about Harry Maguire and his transfer fee is kind of symptomatic of why we are where we are to a point. You identify your player, value leadership as important also, understand the importance of getting the spine right, and pay the money. It can often end up more expensive not doing it this way, buying "promising" players who do not work out and depreciate, along with lost revenues being out of the CL.

@Juan Matas Beard

It's pretty jokes, how good the left side of our backline is with Shaw and Maguire in comparison to the right side.

GunnerShy

@Juan Matas Beard
Disagree on this point. Paying £30m over the odds for a player is not good business. Maguire has been a decent servent for United, but despite being the most expensive CB of all time, he's far from the best.

They're a commercial behemoth and can afford to do what they did, and yet, it feels like getting skinned for Maguire and AWB was almost a turning point for them with their transfer policy and that was seen with Sancho last season. They've said "we won't pay *at any cost*" waiting the extra season and will pick Sancho up for maybe £30m less than last season.

We, with dwindling revenues absolutely can't afford to be paying a large premium on players, we just won't catch the other teams if we do.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
We should wait another year before giving ESR a new contract. He’s had six months of top-level football and has injury concerns. He should not be on more money than Saka who broke through the first team earlier and had contributed more.

RunTheTrap

We are signing Ben White to be our “insurance” player and will be our biggest transfer in. He can play at CB, RB and DM. So if you know anything about Arsenal, you will know that in every summer window there is always that key player we won’t be able to sign and there will be no doubt in my mind Arteta will praise Ben for his versatility come September.

RunTheTrap

My final unpopular post. I’m not one to tell people what to do with their money, but f£ck spending £7 to watch this club playing some Scottish teams with no new signings. I’m gonna pirate that sh@t and if you are, post the links.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We should wait another year before giving ESR a new contract. He’s had six months of top-level football and has injury concerns. He should not be on more money than Saka who broke through the first team earlier and had contributed more.

He's only got 2 years left on his current deal though. It would be asking for trouble not renewing now as if he keeps improving at the speed he has, there will be a host of clubs sensing a bargain at the end of the season and then it will probably be bigger sides than Villa after him as well.

I'm sure it won't take huge amounts to get him renewed. Anything in the £60-80k a week region should get it done I would have thought.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

f£ck spending £7 to watch this club playing some Scottish teams with no new signings.

The club have heard you loud and clear...

E57TbwdXEAIyASD

Latest posts

Top Bottom