• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Unpopular Opinion Thread

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I feel partly responsible, feel like there would be wars on AM if the both of us had trusted status simultaneously.

Don't feel guilty, Juan...I have had my run with the title, you deserve yours...

download-20.png

...I will be smiling at your success from heaven.

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
I think that Eddie McGoldrick was a good utility player. When he was at Crystal Palace, he was a Winger, Midfielder, and at times a Sweeper.
At Arsenal, he was reunited with Ian Wright. He scored a wonder goal Vs Standard Liege.
He played quite a few matches in his debut 1993/94 season. Then chances began to be limited with the arrival of Glenn Helder.
I read something in The Gooner fanzine that he did not have big replica shirt sales, was because people did not want to spend £1,00 a letter. (McGOLDRICK 14 would cost a bit, compared to DAVIS 4).
🇮🇪

Andrew Cole Linighan

I believe that Unai Emery was not given enough time at Arsenal. He Won Europa Leagues with Sevilla before coming to Arsenal. He took over from Wenger, like Moyes took over from Ferguson. (New manager taking over from a long serving one).
Now manager of Villarreal, he beat us in last seasons Europa League Semi Final. Then beat Man Utd in the Final. A multiple Europa League Winner.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Emery is a better manager than
I believe that Unai Emery was not given enough time at Arsenal. He Won Europa Leagues with Sevilla before coming to Arsenal. He took over from Wenger, like Moyes took over from Ferguson. (New manager taking over from a long serving one).
Now manager of Villarreal, he beat us in last seasons Europa League Semi Final. Then beat Man Utd in the Final. A multiple Europa League Winner.
I will add to this line of unpopularity, Emery would have turned it around at Arsenal. Not saying top 4 but better position than teta especially if he had been backed the same way. We were playing the worse football of all time under teta and even he saw some upswing after Christmas.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Seen Ramsey fans girls state he wazbour best British CM- Jack, Romford Pele and Platt were all superior.

Andrew Cole Linighan

I believe that Alex Manninger should have been the next first choice goalkeeper. I know that David Seaman was in front of him. Would have tried to involve Alex in more games. When Alex played, he kept 6 clean sheets in a row, and did well in a penalty shoot out away at West Ham United. ⚒️
I think that Alex was the best backup goalkeeper signed by Arsène Wenger. Having signed the likes of Richard Wright, Mart Poom etc. 🥅⚽🧤

Mitch

I believe that Alex Manninger should have been the next first choice goalkeeper. I know that David Seaman was in front of him. Would have tried to involve Alex in more games. When Alex played, he kept 6 clean sheets in a row, and did well in a penalty shoot out away at West Ham United. ⚒️
I think that Alex was the best backup goalkeeper signed by Arsène Wenger. Having signed the likes of Richard Wright, Mart Poom etc. 🥅⚽🧤

I agree, Manninger was a very undderated and good keeper.

Andrew Cole Linighan

Not too sure if this is in the right Thread. Sorry if it is not.
We have Statues outside The Emirates of Tony Adams, Thierry Henry. I believe there should be a Statue of David O' Leary. Highest Arsenal appearances. 700 odd?

Andrew Cole Linighan

I think that The Emirates should have a Sky Walk like New White Hart Lane.
It could be a walk around the entire edge of the roof overlooking the pitch.
It could be called 'Top Gun Roof Walk'. Sponsored by Fly Emirates.
It could be a Guided Tour Walk led by an ex player. Someone who is not afraid of heights, and likes being amongst the clouds. How about Dennis Bergkamp? Sorry, no, maybe not. 🏟️🏃🚶🧍🌤️🐦🕊️

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
People should talk about goals and assists separately and not add them together. It just becomes misleading and a form of stat padding.

Mitch

Bamford shouldve been at the euro's and not DCL

I'd gone for Watkins over DCL. I haven't watched anywhere near the amount Everton matches I used to (I have soft spot for them as half my Family are Toffee supporters). I was surprised to learn that they don't rate them to highly.

They tell me unless it on a platter for DCL or a set piece then he's a very limited and frustrating player. Compare that to Watkins who is able to take people on and beat people etc.

Last edited:

OSBK

Established Member
I'd gone for Warkins over DCL. I haven't watched anywhere near the amount Everton matches I used to (I have soft spot for them as half my Family are Toffee supporters). I was surprised to learn that they don't rate them to highly.

They tell me unless it on a platter for DCL or a set piece then he's a very limited and frustrating player. Compare that to Watkins who is able to take people on and beat people etc.

DCL the fiirst few games of last season was a tank but he fell off a cliff. Im more in the bamford camp, 17 league goals and he was 8/10 every game last season.

Andrew Cole Linighan

I believe we should make a move for Harry Kane and Kalvin Phillips. Have a good British spine if Ben White signs. With Holding, Tierney, Maitland-Niles, Willock, Smith-Rowe, Saka.
Harry Kane was in our Youth Set up, could cross the divide as Sol Campbell did. He knows who he is. 🟥⬜ Better chance of winning the FA Cup anyway. (How about a Cash + Lacazette deal)?

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I would like to see more Arsenal players on the international scene. Four players is abysmal for a supposed big club. Next World Cup I want to see guys like ESR, Willock, White (if we sign him), Lokonga, and any other new signings. I know people complain about injuries but there’s a special feeling knowing that they’ve been selected to play for their countries.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom