• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Unpopular Opinion Thread

Jack Circus

It’s cos everyone wants to be Mother Theresa these days and show how good and righteous they are. So much furore over some trolls online like they’re a new thing. It was all so patronising too I’d hate it if I was Saka.

Didn't they establish that only a handful of the messages were from accounts actually in the UK, rest were probably Russian trolls, they even said the vandalism of the Rashford mural wasn't actually racist it was just some swear words. Don't want any racist abuse obviously but 3 players missed pens and out of a nation of 50 million people about 50 went n did a racism. Seen some artist asked Sadiq Khan for permission to paint a mural of Saka, like he's Bobby f*cking Sands or something.

mirrorstare

The fans on the stadium won't turn on against Arteta.

It's like politics, when you believe there's so much outrage due to Twitter or whatever but the votes end up telling a different story. It's media what dictates what's up and media likes Arteta. So maybe "real fans" will have a lot more time for Artetaball than we expect.

Sure there are some cases when you would say internet outrage translated into a powerful real life influences, but that would imply talking politics here and thanks but no thanks. I believe for most cases out there we're just talking among bubbles and hold a lot less influence than expected.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I wish we just fielded a starting 11 of Hale End every week so people would shut. the. f*ck. up.

We shoulda kept Freddie as coach.

I know they were some meaningless preseason friendlies, but I was actually impressed with how Willian operated from central positions this preseason. I believe he lost a bit of his legs and he can't get past a player on the flanks, but I think he still sees the ***** very well from inside and is still capable of positioning himself cleverly and hitting a smart, well-timed and perfectly weighted pass. I don't say he should start by any means, but since he is not going anywhere this is where I see us making the best use of him when needed

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I never liked the Cazorla and Coquelin midfield pairing and people mention it all the time like it was sick when it was actually makeshift :lol:

Cesc and OG Flamini was probably the best it got at Emirates and even then, if that’s all you saw in your lifetime I feel sorry for you.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I never liked the Cazorla and Coquelin midfield pairing and people mention it all the time like it was sick when it was actually makeshift :lol:

Calendar year 2015 Champions, I will think you find ;)

I really liked it, though it did have it's issues...but if Ramsey played on the right and tucked in, it was fine.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Calendar year 2015 Champions, I will think you find ;)

I really liked it, though it did have it's issues...but if Ramsey played on the right and tucked in, it was fine.
Ramsey wide right *facepalm*

Why did you remind me? He wasn’t awful there but that was genuinely a problem position for years until Saka.

Cazorla and Coquelin somewhat worked unexpectedly but that should never be a benchmark for your midfield. Shows how far we’ve fallen I suppose.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐

Cesc and OG Flamini was probably the best it got at Emirates and even then, if that’s all you saw in your lifetime I feel sorry for you.

Cesc, Wilshere and Song played some beautiful stuff.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Adebayor was better than a lot of people give him credit for.

One of the biggest wastes of talent in the modern game. If Wenger could have gotten him to harness that talent and become a consistent striker then I'd have kept him and sold the Dutch sick note.

Of course RVP was a better player but he couldn't stay fit for five minutes

Last edited:

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Adebayor was better than a lot of people give him credit for.

One of the biggest wastes of talent in the modern game. If Wenger could have gotten him to harness that talent and become a consistent striker then I'd have kept him and sold the Dutch sick note.
Sadly, he was sold to pay off the debts he didn't even want to go. That narrative got presented a different way by the media though and his at the time agent eventually spilled the beans years later.

Wenger also explained he was forced to sell players to pay off the stadium debt in his book. Didn't mention Adebayor by name as several players at the time would have fallen into this, but he pretty much admits it.

Waiting for the Özil exposé once whatever agreement he and his team have agreed with the club expires. Just guessing there is one, but it's so obvious one exists - he's been a church mouse since his exit.

Riou

Adebayor was talented, but almost impossible to deal with for long...his career at pretty much every club has ended badly.

He fell out with a lot of our squad at that point too, and his performances had dropped off quite a bit in 2008/2009...don't think we had any choice but to sell him.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Sadly, he was sold to pay off the debts he didn't even want to go. That narrative got presented a different way by the media though and his at the time agent eventually spilled the beans years later.

Wenger also explained he was forced to sell players to pay off the stadium debt in his book. Didn't mention Adebayor by name as several players at the time would have fallen into this, but he pretty much admits it.

Waiting for the Özil exposé once whatever agreement he and his team have agreed with the club expires. Just guessing there is one, but it's so obvious one exists - he's been a church mouse since his exit.

What agreement would there be?

Adebayor only screwed 5/6 fewer goals than RVP after his 30 goal season. Since he left us he was never really first choice striker anywhere.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
We sold Ade and Toure at the right time where we fuvked up was not reinvesting the money into the squad.

Riou

Zinchenko’s emotion isn’t a good thing. He gets wound up and it effects our play. Needs to calm down when we’re chasing a game.

Getting him to stop acting like an upset teen every game, is like asking Arsène to stop "But I didn't see it" every game.

Ain't gonna happen bruv, we just have to accept it.

Top Bottom