• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The we almost signed them Thread

Who should we have signed?

• Total voters

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
tbf if we had signed Suarez he'd have come in, seen our lack of ambition and asked to leave after a season.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Can't imagine the words "Joe Allen is a good signing" ever coming out of Suarez' mouth, tbh...also love the thought of Stevie G, scrolling through the transfer rumours on the internet on his holiday, like a desperate AM member :lol:

The £40, 000, 001 offer was ridiculous by us, regardless of what the intention was, that killed the deal and made us look like ******.
It was the most arrogant bid I ever seen. It was like they were mocking Liverpool. Here is 1 pound extra...you happy?

Balboa

It was the most arrogant bid I ever seen. It was like they were mocking Liverpool. Here is 1 pound extra...you happy?

It was arrogant. Overbidding by 99 pence was embarrassing and an attempt humiliate Liverpool by suggesting they need 99 pence of charity...

The bid should have been £40 million + 1 pence

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He's a top player, but not really a "Wenger striker" imo...Arsène liked his forwards to get more involved in the game, could see Vardy being pushed out wide in our system.

Jamie made the right decision to stay.

Also...

:lol:

Pop Tart

Established Member
I never really thought he was coming here. He had just won the title, I get other players like kante left straight after but I could just tell he was happy in his comfort zone and would be a big risk to leave considering he came through the leagues. He proved he was not a 1 season wonder though but I always felt he was using us as leverage for a stay at Leicester under better terms.

Reactions: A_G

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Whatever else he goes on to achieve I don't know, but he'll almost certainly go down as Leicester City's greatest player.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

He's a top player, but not really a "Wenger striker" imo...Arsène liked his forwards to get more involved in the game, could see Vardy being pushed out wide in our system.

Jamie made the right decision to stay.

Also...

:lol:

We got the better striker a year and a half later.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Every club and manager nearly signed every player, these stories are endless. The other day Phil Thompson said Liverpool more or less had Ronaldo.

Alex Ferguson nearly signed Ronaldo, Batistuta, Zidane, Henry, Shearer, Vieira.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Seen the Ravel podcast posted and this is a great interview too.

Wilf is a bit moody usually but he’s so open here which is rare. Gets asked good questions as well.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Seen the Ravel podcast posted and this is a great interview too.

Wilf is a bit moody usually but he’s so open here which is rare. Gets asked good questions as well.
Watched both and I gotta say Wilf doesn’t come across well here to me.

The other interviews on the channel are good though.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Watched both and I gotta say Wilf doesn’t come across well here to me.

The other interviews on the channel are good though.

Yeah ngl he seems a genuinely terrible person but he was way more open than I thought he’d be.

Willing to throw dirt on any- and everyone’s name :lol:

Top Bottom